PDA

View Full Version : You will not go to Heaven if you vote BNP

Welcomefamily
24-May-09, 09:38
As week ends go most people have good and bad ones, however for the church this must be one of the worst. Firstly the Catholic Church saying sorrry for the years of child abusive it has openly fostered and tried to hid for the last decade.

Then on Saturday the A of C told us that we should not be keeping on to our MPs over mis use of other peoples monies in their expenses and how its under mining our democratic process. In the general public it is also illegal.

Yesterday the Church of Scotland went against the teaching of the bible with the excuse that it is a more modern approach and in doing so has forced many true christians into an unacceptable position.

Then today the A of C tells us not to vote for the BNP.

This must be the worst possible timing of any four events I can think of and from a social psychology point of view I find it odd that the church has suddenly started being soon vocal about some thing.
Is there a motive?

Shabbychic
24-May-09, 12:23
Do people still do what the Church tells them? I thought they days were long gone.

What right do they have anyway to tell folks what to do and how to think? In fact, by telling people how to vote, they themselves are undermining the democratic process.

Worshipping in a congregation is one thing, and guidance in religious matters is what it's all about I suppose, but religion and politics should never be mixed, and they should just stick to what the Church is all about; religion.

I in no way support the BNP may I add.:D

Kodiak
24-May-09, 12:29
Most pwople have a reverse Knee Jerk Reaction as soon as the Church tells them Not to do something. So since the A of C has said not to vote BNP this will increase their vote ten fold. So the exact opposite of what he intended.

In reality no one has the right to tell anyone how to vote and long may it stay this way.

davem
24-May-09, 15:56
Interesting.
So the church can't comment on morality and tolerance. Excellent.

Rheghead
24-May-09, 19:43
Interesting.
So the church can't comment on morality and tolerance. Excellent.

When have they ever?:confused

golach
24-May-09, 19:47
Even if I had a vision from an angel telling me to vote for the BNP, I would not [lol]

katarina
25-May-09, 09:21
here here golash!!!!

JAWS
25-May-09, 09:32
So You won't go to Heaven if you vote for the BNP, well, if the A of C is going there I would definitely vote for the BNP.
Under the circumstances I'd vote for the very Devil if it kept me away from the same place as him.

starry
25-May-09, 09:40
Was this in reaction to do with the BNP using an image of Jesus along with the words What Would Jesus Do ?
or was it something completely separate ?

I didn't really catch the news over the weekend.

digital02
25-May-09, 10:31
With all the recent goings on in politics and the church voting BNP is looking a viable option!!

joxville
25-May-09, 11:01
You will not go to Heaven if you vote BNP

Who wants to anyway, floating about being nice all the time? Hell sounds a lot more fun. :cool:

Rheghead
25-May-09, 16:26
A lot of anti-semitic words in the Bible, you would have thought that someone like Nick Griffin was an apostle.

Welcomefamily
25-May-09, 17:44
No I thinking more along the lines of which religion benefits most if the BNP got in.

JAWS
25-May-09, 22:47
Was this in reaction to do with the BNP using an image of Jesus along with the words What Would Jesus Do ?
or was it something completely separate ?

I didn't really catch the news over the weekend.I don't think so, or at least I've not spotted a reference to it.
In all truth I suspect that if the main Parties were not so busy panicking about the BNP and making, along with the A of C and some in the media, such an almighty fuss about them then fewer people would have taken notice of them.

Like things such as books and films, the more you make a fuss about how the contents should not be allowed the more people will flock to see what the fuss is about. You couldn’t pay to get the same amount of response.

The problem the main Parties have is that they know they have screwed up so badly and that there is so little difference between them in most things that they are scared stiff of anybody who may provide something different which voters can use to kick their backsides as a lesson to them. They have plodded along for decades in the smug knowledge that the majority of voters had very limited choice of who to vote for. If one Party upset you then you went to one of the other two, at least in England, and it is the Local Elections here that they are really bothered about.

Now they have all managed to upset all the voters at the same time they are running scared of what might happen. I suspect the main Parties will be given a real fright but I doubt the BNP will be taking over the Country in the near future, if ever.

If they do take over you lot just remember one thing, it wasn't me what said that! :lol:

starry
25-May-09, 22:49
If they do take over I will be off to live on some beach in France with my tent ;);)

Amy-Winehouse
26-May-09, 00:00
Would they really be any worse than some of the idiots that are in charge of the country right now?????

Ive never felt like voting for them but the choices that are there arnt any better imo. I wouldnt trust that lot to organise a drinking session in a brewery- they are hopeless

Aaldtimer
26-May-09, 02:58
I don't think so, or at least I've not spotted a reference to it.
In all truth I suspect that if the main Parties were not so busy panicking about the BNP and making, along with the A of C and some in the media, such an almighty fuss about them then fewer people would have taken notice of them.

Like things such as books and films, the more you make a fuss about how the contents should not be allowed the more people will flock to see what the fuss is about. You couldn’t pay to get the same amount of response.

The problem the main Parties have is that they know they have screwed up so badly and that there is so little difference between them in most things that they are scared stiff of anybody who may provide something different which voters can use to kick their backsides as a lesson to them. They have plodded along for decades in the smug knowledge that the majority of voters had very limited choice of who to vote for. If one Party upset you then you went to one of the other two, at least in England, and it is the Local Elections here that they are really bothered about.

Now they have all managed to upset all the voters at the same time they are running scared of what might happen. I suspect the main Parties will be given a real fright but I doubt the BNP will be taking over the Country in the near future, if ever.

If they do take over you lot just remember one thing, it wasn't me what said that! :lol:

We would be very wrong to underestimate these scum:- http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/latestnews/BNP-pins-election-hopes-on.5297679.jp [disgust]

hotrod4
26-May-09, 06:47
The church has no right to influence peoples political choices.They can suggest who they see as unfit etc but shouldnt dictate who you vote for, after all that makes them as bad as the party they are opposing!!

Cant see what the fuss about the BNp is, they are a legal political party,dont have to agree with them but they do have some valid points.Alot of them are washed over by the media who are just looking for sensationalised rubbish to sell papers.I try and make up my own mind rather than what Father ted,Dougal etc tells me!!!

oldmarine
26-May-09, 06:58
I notice that churches get into politics continuously. Often when that happens you can't get along with them or without them depending upon your political views.

davem
26-May-09, 08:01
[QUOTE=Amy-Winehouse;553317]Would they really be any worse than some of the idiots that are in charge of the country right now?????

Well yes, I think they just might.

Rheghead
26-May-09, 08:22
Would they really be any worse than some of the idiots that are in charge of the country right now?????

I'll take the hapless or corrupt moderates before any respectable extremists everytime.

percy toboggan
27-May-09, 13:50
You think this Government is 'moderate' ?

I don't.

I think they are hell bent extremists doing their best to undermine the working-class in this country and bring about some kind of idealist melting-pot culture before retiring to their country estates leaving those left in the urban connurbations to pick up the pieces of their folly.

We are a deep recession and a hot summer away from violence on our streets. Let's see how the 'moderates' react then. Riot clad Police beating up all and sundry - if they do this on the streets of London under the cctv cameras what about the back streets of Burnley, and the alleyways of Cleckheaton? The narrow nooks of Nelson and all other alliterative references in 'insignificant' Britain. For this is how the current Government looks upon it's long standfing populace - insignificant.

The BNP gave a lack lustre PPB on the telly the other night. Nick Griffin looked almost unhinged with his clenched hands - he was not sure what to do with them - the imagery was well chosen and the words chimed with me (and no doubt millions of others) I might vote for them - heaven or no heaven...I have done so in the past as a means of expression. When the great and good tell me what to do I will ALWAYS do the opposite, 'tis just the way my brain is wired. That's why I' could never become a uniformed automaton. (Postmans job in the seventies notwithstanding)

Let's be clear, the BNP will never come close to power in my, probably your lifetime. If they, and other parties like Libertas and UKIP pick up a sprinkling of seats it can only be a good thing and might even wake up the mainstream parties who are all looking a sorry, corrupt mess...bereft of any big ideas.

The economy is heading for a long spell in the doldrums. Dis'Honourable' members are ripping the public off...Catholic Priests and Monks seems to have impunity when it comes to sexual deviance - if these circumstances don't provoke at least an inkling of change then we are all sunk.