PDA

View Full Version : is anybody intrested

tazette37
23-May-09, 23:52
my dad was voted the best drummer in caithness for a lot of years but sadly passed away last september !!!! we would like to arrage somthing like a tophy for best drummer maybe make a concert out of it for charity any ideas would be welcome xx

teenybash
23-May-09, 23:59
What a lovely idea and a wonderful ongoing memorium to you dad. He will be so proud of you in reaching out to the community and encouraging hopefuls, for the trophy, to reach their potential.
I am sure schools, youth clubs and organizations would be more than willing to put forward candidates.............Perhaps you could contact the Arts Council to see if they can help you with advice.
Good luck. Bless you.

Alice in Blunderland
24-May-09, 07:23
I think that this is a very good idea. :)

Youth groups and clubs is a good place to start with and see where it goes from there.

A trophy handed out in memmory of your dad for people doing something he loved to do is an excellent tribute to him.

Gleber2
24-May-09, 13:49
If you are talking about Sandy, he was the best up here in the early to mid sixties. I had the privilige of playing with him in my early years and learned a lot from him. Anything I can do to help just ask.