PDA

View Full Version : What did/do you admire the most?

Vistravi
23-May-09, 23:45
What did/do you admire the most in your parents? Are these qualities you admire in them what you have yourself now as an adult?

I admired my dad's determention and mental strength. He never let anyone get him down and if he igored anyone who he didn't like. My mum has always known what was important in life and she ensured that our childhood was happy. Her ability to look past hurt and see how to get revenge on someone to me is impressive as i struggle to look past the hurt at first. I also wish i was like her when i was in my early teens instead of being the shy, pushover that i was. My mum has told me many stories of her young days and it's obvious that she never let anyone push her around. I've got that now but i lacked the confidence to put people in their place when i was a teen.

I have my dad's mental strength and his determention to make whatever i want to happen, happen. I am glad i have these qualities as they helped me get through the pain of losing him to cancer only a three years ago past in feb. Now like him anything that is thrown at me in life just bounces off. Nothing ever affects me like they would've before i lost him and relaised how strong i really am. But that is the way it usually is.

My partner admires his mother's good organisation skills and his dad's ability to fix everything. His dad has saved my partner's pc's bacon quite a few times now and has even managed to restore it after having to whipe absoultely everything on it thanks to a nasty trojan/worm virus. Thankfully my partner has some of his mother's organsation skills but none of his dad's mr fix it skills. Looks like his dad will have a grandchild as a aprrenctice in the future to pass on his genius to.:lol: