PDA

View Full Version : Is there Pizza in Caithness

Joefitz
22-May-09, 19:38
I left in May of 1981, and in those days, there was no such thing as authentic pizza anywhere close. I've eaten Chicago Deep Dish, New Jersey thin crust, and everything in between here in the USA. IS there any REAL pizza close by??
Just curious, haven't seen Pizza mntioned?!

GetWithTheTimes
22-May-09, 19:43
not that i am aware of but a pizzeria would be good

you can get pizza from the chip shops and indian but they aint nothing to shout about one from the shop would be better IMO

good idea tho would be nice to see an italian pizzeria in town i would be there in a shot

annthracks
22-May-09, 20:33
It's an ideal opportunity for PizzaHut to get into a gap in Thurso's market

GetWithTheTimes
22-May-09, 20:36

i was going to say an authentic italian place would be better but im sure consistancy would be a problem lol

pizza hut would be good coz you cant really mess up a meal in a fast food place like that lol but its caithness you never know

Cedric Farthsbottom III
22-May-09, 21:10
I like pizza,hate Pizza Hut.A deep fried pizza wi chips.Maybe 3 or 4 pickled onions as a side salad.Best Pizzas homemade ones in the house.Just go in the fridge,chuck on anything ye want.Scotch Bonnet chillies to give it that final HEAT.Lurvly:lol::lol:

misfit123
22-May-09, 21:13
You get good fresh made pizzas up at the bowling alley - i always have them on a saturday nite - yummy:D:D

Kevin Milkins
22-May-09, 22:13
You get good fresh made pizzas up at the bowling alley - i always have them on a saturday nite - yummy:D:D

Thats the first time I have heared the word "good" and " bowling alley" used in the same thread, let alone the same sentance.:eek:

Welcomefamily
22-May-09, 22:40
Snap but the Indian up at ormille does them or they got a pizza oven, they seem to be sending them out as I wait for my kebab

wifie
22-May-09, 22:55

Why on earth when FOOD is mentioned do people only want chains? :confused

Rheghead
22-May-09, 22:58

Cos you need chains to keep us there to eat some of the rubbish we get.

wifie
22-May-09, 23:05
Cos you need chains to keep us there to eat some of the rubbish we get.

For certain establishments it would take strong chains to drag me in there! :eek:

Bazeye
22-May-09, 23:10
pizza hut would be good coz you cant really mess up a meal in a fast food place like that l

I dont know about that, youve had a dodgy kebab and a cold macaroni so Id imagine a pizza could be done quite easily, not to your reccommendation.

wifie
22-May-09, 23:12
Tell you what getwith - why don't you recommend somewhere you have enjoyed the food - mibbe you have but I am no in the mood for trawlin the forum the night. Just a quick one-liner would do! ;)

golach
22-May-09, 23:37
Sadly wifie, it is the Tesco/Asda, syndrome, follow the chains[lol]

wifie
22-May-09, 23:39
Sadly golach when it comes to purchasing anything these days it is getting harder and harder to find something original and harder and harder for the purveyors of the orignal to survive! :(

purplelady
22-May-09, 23:44
Thats the first time I have heared the word "good" and " bowling alley" used in the same thread, let alone the same sentance.:eek:
hehehehehehe was thinking that too must have been pizza chefs day of when I was ther lol x

Joefitz
23-May-09, 00:27
Well, I guess that takes care of that question......Pizza Hut???.......Oh YUCK!

crayola
23-May-09, 00:47
Oh yuck indeed. But it gets worse. Pizza Hut in Scotland is worse than Pizza Hut in America. [disgust]

joxville
23-May-09, 11:38
I like Pizza Hut. I also like Domino's Pizza. And Papa John's. And Zizzi's. And Pizza World.

PizzabutpizzaIpizzahatepizzapastapizzaitpizzagives pizzamepizzathepizzaboakpizza

:D

Cattach
23-May-09, 13:28
I left in May of 1981, and in those days, there was no such thing as authentic pizza anywhere close. I've eaten Chicago Deep Dish, New Jersey thin crust, and everything in between here in the USA. IS there any REAL pizza close by??
Just curious, haven't seen Pizza mntioned?!

Real Pizza in the US! Go Italy for a real pizza. As for Caithness so great pizza in some of the restaurants and if not up Lidl and get a good one for a pound!!

teenybash
23-May-09, 13:47
The best Pizza you will ever get is the one you make yourself.......by the time you wait for your bought pizza and the travelling time you could have a batch made and dripping with your favourite topping.
All you need is flour, yeast, olive oil, tomato puree, cheese and all your favs to pile on top................you will never buy another from a shop or takeaway again.:p

joxville
23-May-09, 14:16
The best Pizza you will ever get is the one you make yourself.......by the time you wait for your bought pizza and the travelling time you could have a batch made and dripping with your favourite topping.
All you need is flour, yeast, olive oil, tomato puree, cheese and all your favs to pile on top................you will never buy another from a shop or takeaway again.:p
Best recipe is take a 2oz finger, any size of phone and one regular mouth. Blend together with your nearest pizza delivery service for 20 mins, remove from box, enjoy a taste of heaven. [lol]

golach
23-May-09, 14:33
Used to go to a Italian Restaurant in Leith Walk Leith, no Wick, for Pizza's regularly many moons ago, enjoyed them, all cooked on an wood fired oven, thought they were the business, until I was posted in the '80's to Nato HQ in Naples, and saw and tasted real pizza's, no comparison to the UK ones, came back and told my wife, we are not eating those sandwiches that were called Pizza's in Leith, took my wife to Italy and she agreed Napoli Pizza's are the business

poppett
23-May-09, 15:23
Agree with you there Golach 100%. You can`t beat a Napolean pizza, though the ones in Florence came a close second.

Thumper
23-May-09, 15:41
Best pizza i have ever had in Caithness was from.................the american base!God I soooo miss their pizza!Next best was in Canada so hey ho I guess Caithness aint great for pizza.As for pizza hut-yuck-its so greasy! x

joxville
23-May-09, 16:05
Agree with you there Golach 100%. You can`t beat a Napolean pizza, though the ones in Florence came a close second.

Just a hunch, but do you mean Neapolitan? Is there such a thing as Napolean pizzas? I'd guess they are French, small and a bit nippy-like the guy they were called after.

poppett
23-May-09, 16:53
Thanks for that correction Jox..............was typing in Neapolitan and it reminded me of ice cream so corrected myself as i thought...........but you know what I meant.

ShelleyCowie
23-May-09, 22:39
I love pizza! :D

Like to make my own pizza base and things too if i have the time. Then just get some things for the top and let the kids throw on what they want! Wala!!

Anyways, a pizza place would be awsome up here. But for now i will stick to the meat feast pizza's! Im addicted just now! :Razz

crayola
24-May-09, 00:06
I like French pizza. Does that make me totally weird?

scorrie
24-May-09, 00:18
Just a hunch, but do you mean Neapolitan? Is there such a thing as Napolean pizzas? I'd guess they are French, small and a bit nippy-like the guy they were called after.

Sacre Bleu!!

http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww127/xx_lmacel_xx/header-1.png

Joefitz
26-May-09, 13:53
Well, now, if Italy has such great Pizza, why does the USA consistently beat them in international competition??

SunnyChick
27-May-09, 15:03
Home made Pizza from a good recipe is simple, and tastes unlike any of those prepacked ones you get in the supermarket.

You can tailor the top of it to suit your tastebuds, and you just make a batch of bases and they freeze beautifully. Then when the fancy takes it, just haul one out of the freezer and put on whatever you fancy, in the oven, 15mins later, YUMMY pizza, best you ever tasted.

Will be avoiding the readymade pizza restaurants as went recently and got violently sick.

golach
28-May-09, 10:06
Maybe some one in Caithness could give this a try :D

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topstories/Pizza-boss-to-raise-some.5305168.jp