PDA

View Full Version : Caithness bound

vaughan
22-May-09, 15:17
Hello,

Ive been reading your forum for a few days now and decided to say hi. Its really useful for the prospective incomer.
Me and my partner and the dogs and the guineau pig and the horses will be moving to Caithness/Sutherland area probably around late November to December, so Ive been scanning your property section avidly and checking you out on google earth ! We're really looking forward to it.
Anyone who wants to rent me a house and some grazing land ...Im all ears

Vaughan (trustworthy but English)

Iffy
22-May-09, 15:54
Hi Vaughan,

Welcome to the mad house !!!!!.......;)

(Jox and Gizmo are harmless beasties - HONEST !!)

Hope your move goes well and that you find us and our county lovely !!

balto
22-May-09, 16:01
[lol]welcome to the org , its a bit mad but everyone is harmless lol.[lol]

BINBOB
22-May-09, 16:13
[lol]welcome to the org , its a bit mad but everyone is harmless lol.[lol]

really not so sure about harmless....but welcome .;)

Kodiak
22-May-09, 16:16
Yes we are all harmless here. Welcome to our Forum and enjoy making many posts.

poppett
22-May-09, 16:43
Welcome to the forum. Let the inquisition begin.

teenybash
22-May-09, 18:49
Welcome to the org......Vaughan, by posting your first post you have just gone live!!!! You cannot escape now........Happy move and much luck.:)

Alice in Blunderland
22-May-09, 19:07
Hello,

Ive been reading your forum for a few days now and decided to say hi. Its really useful for the prospective incomer.
Me and my partner and the dogs and the guineau pig and the horses will be moving to Caithness/Sutherland area probably around late November to December, so Ive been scanning your property section avidly and checking you out on google earth ! We're really looking forward to it.
Anyone who wants to rent me a house and some grazing land ...Im all ears

Vaughan (trustworthy but English)

Okay the questions.

Where you moving from ?

Will you have a job ?

Do you have kids ?

Whats your views on windfarms ?

Would you swear allegiance to the Scottish flag ?

Do you like the wind rain and snow ?

Okay ,okay only joking. :lol:

You will notice that these topics pop up on the org now and again.

You wont regret the move its great here..........honest.

The locals dont bite......................much. :eek:

English mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ah thats okay we dont mind.:Razz

lynne duncan
22-May-09, 20:10
welcome to up north, hope your move is quick and you find a nice home

cuddlepop
22-May-09, 20:17
Its many things in here so be prepared to grow a thick skin,laugh at yourself and hesitate before you post as once its down inprint it takes ages to back track.:eek:

You'll know that anyway as you've been a lurker.:lol:

TRUCKER
22-May-09, 20:49
come to caithness it will be the best move you ever make welcome to the org.

unicorn
22-May-09, 21:00
Welcome..........now get to Ebay and order a rhino hide [lol]

Rheghead
22-May-09, 21:30
Why on Earth would anyone want to come to Caithness to live?:confused

Cedric Farthsbottom III
22-May-09, 21:48
I like Caithness.If I didn't I would have went back to Ayrshire.Good folk who became good pals.I cannae fault the place,I'm an Ayrshire Caithnessian and I'm proud.Vaughan,the decision is yours?:)

butterfly
22-May-09, 22:12
Welcome to the org Vaughan.:)

TBH
22-May-09, 22:27
Why on Earth would anyone want to come to Caithness to live?:confusedWould you prefer that they came to die?[lol]

Welcomefamily
22-May-09, 22:33
Yes welcome.

Rheghead
22-May-09, 22:45
Would you prefer that they came to die?[lol]

Your words not mine.;)

vaughan
24-May-09, 14:18
Hi, Thanks for the welcome and your warnings ! Regarding Alice's questions

Okay the questions.

Where you moving from ?

Will you have a job ?

Do you have kids ?

Whats your views on windfarms ?

Would you swear allegiance to the Scottish flag ?

Do you like the wind rain and snow ?

1) North Northumberland

2) Yes, its a CNC posting

3) No, though it is mentioned in our house almost as much as when can we get married :eek:

4) Not sure , they are a very emotive issue round here as well but I lost interest in the local debate as Im cynical and think its more likely money and land owner/business back scratching will be the factor that wins the debate rather than the environment in our case.

5) Well Ive sworn allegiance to a Scottish lass so what's another little step, Lord knows its embarrassing to be English at the minute.

6) No , but my Dad likes Earth Wind and Fire

Ive promised my ancient greyhound Betty that we will move to Bettyhill for her twilight years :lol:

unicorn
24-May-09, 15:15
If you dont like wind rain and snow then run away fast [lol] Staple Caithness weather :lol:

poppett
24-May-09, 16:23
Alice asked most of the usual questions, just one from me..........Who was your granny?

My granny always asked of anyone new being introduced this question, so i feel i should keep up the family tradition:lol:

Tighsonas4
24-May-09, 17:16
i think home is where you hang your hat pal and if the wife is scottish that makes you half scottish anyway [lol]
enjoy it and it can be quite good, life is what you make of it tony

Alice in Blunderland
24-May-09, 17:20
Alice asked most of the usual questions, just one from me..........Who was your granny?

My granny always asked of anyone new being introduced this question, so i feel i should keep up the family tradition:lol:

Oh yes I forgot that one ;). I just posted all the questions in at once to save everyone else. Not that we are all nosey. :lol:

vaughan
24-May-09, 19:42
Gwen and Dot on the Granny front :)
Fond of dispensing wisdom on the importance of wearing watches, the caution one must observe when talking to foreigners, bus queue etiquette and the under estimated value of lard in cooking of all foodstuffs, ever .