PDA

View Full Version : Todays Daily Express.

Bazeye
22-May-09, 12:47
Just read the headlines in the newsagents which states that one in four babies born in the UK is born to an immigrant mother. I knew it was high but I didnt think it was anywhere near that figure. Is the Express reliable or is it just sensationalising ?

3of8
22-May-09, 14:08
Just read the headlines in the newsagents which states that one in four babies born in the UK is born to an immigrant mother. I knew it was high but I didnt think it was anywhere near that figure. Is the Express reliable or is it just sensationalising ?
Nah! The Express is as reliable as any other newspaper and that's not saying much.

The figures come from the Office for National Statistics.

It depends on where you live too as the report says that in London more than half of the new births are from immigrant mothers.

rich
22-May-09, 14:13
Why should we even care about this non-story?

Bazeye
22-May-09, 15:11

I didnt ask you if you cared about it did I? I asked about the reliability of the Express.

3of8
22-May-09, 15:28
Aren't you a Canadian, Rich? Living in Canada? That's why it's a non story for you. I agree with Bazeye. It's the reliabilty of the newspaper being discussed.

JAWS
22-May-09, 15:33
Presumably it's a non-story for Rich because the Canadian Government has already ensured it can't happen there because of it's very tight residency restrictions.

Joefitz
22-May-09, 19:40
being nice to the Colonials!! Tsk! Tsk!