PDA

View Full Version : Orange Mobile

ber219
20-May-09, 12:12
Hi, Just wondering if anyone uses The Orange Mobile network up here?

If so how good is the signal?

Cheers

annthracks
20-May-09, 12:17
I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone else.
I've had the best coverage with Vodafone but I think O2 are almost as good.

Kodiak
20-May-09, 12:43
I have been with Orange for years and I have always had good service from them. I get a signal when other networks are down. I often read on here that O2 or Vodafone is down etc etc. But this has never happend to me.

I find them not only Good but Excellent. You will find that most people who Orange are no good have never used them.

annthracks
20-May-09, 12:46
You will find that most people who Orange are no good have never used them.

Or in my case - have been with Wanadoo and then Orange for several years (through the buyout) and in the past week have been screwed out of £162 by them!
Absolutely no signal at all when visiting my parents - so bad that my phone had to be charged daily because of all the searching it was doing. And on the home front their Livebox doesn't communicate with all wifi equipment.

Kodiak
20-May-09, 13:16
Interesting that you say you was with wanadoo. Only thing is that wanadoo was an ISP and did NOT have a Mobile Phone service.

Orange took over Wanadoo Internet services but their Mobile service had been running before that.

So what you are saying is not quite correct. I will state again I have been with orange for sevearal Years and have NEVER had a Problem with the signal or their Service.

They are one of the Very Best Moblie Phone Companies as far as I am concerned.

annthracks
20-May-09, 13:27
Interesting that you say you was with wanadoo. Only thing is that wanadoo was an ISP and did NOT have a Mobile Phone service.

I appreciate that Kodiak, but if you read all of my reply you will see I had an orange mobile.

So what you are saying is not quite correct. I will state again I have been with orange for sevearal Years and have NEVER had a Problem with the signal or their Service.

Your mileage may vary, as the saying goes.
What I am saying is correct
I've been with Orange for several years also, and could only put up with the lack of signal for my orange mobile for six months (even when I went South and took it back to the shop in Poole, the salesman couldn't get a very good signal on HIS phone!! and that was outside an Orange dealership!) and yes I know the establishments location has nothing to do with signal strength!

They are one of the Very Best Moblie Phone Companies as far as I am concerned.

Says it all - "As far as you're concerned"

Kodiak
20-May-09, 13:50
What you said was this :-

Or in my case - have been with Wanadoo and then Orange for several years (through the buyout)

This thread is about Mobile phones and when you say that you have been with Wanadoo this is saying that you have used their Mobile Phones. Which is impossible as they necver had such a service.

You now claim you have been with Orange Mobile for years, I quote you again :-

I've been with Orange for several years also

So for this period you must have been happy otherwise you would not have stayed with them for years.

I am sorry but you contradict yourself and I see that any further communication with someone like you is a complete waste of time and Effort.

So I will leave you to make all you little Rants to an empty room!!

buddyrich
20-May-09, 14:04
I find orange ok, but not great. Vodaphone was good but was always down. Orange wont work in a lot of places where vodaphone has good coverage and vice versa.

Having said that i did get a free Playstation3 to take an orange contract. I think this may have clouded my judgement somewhat.

annthracks
20-May-09, 14:20
What you said was this :-
This thread is about Mobile phones and when you say that you have been with Wanadoo this is saying that you have used their Mobile Phones.

You now claim you have been with Orange Mobile for years, I quote you again

Your quoting out of context doesn't help your argument.

When I said "I've been with Orange for several years also" it was a direct reply to you saying you'd been with them for several years - I didn't say I'd been with Orange MOBILE
stop making unwarranted assumptions

If I have to explain everything I've said for your poor old brain to grasp it then so be it.

I have been with Orange as ISP at home since they bought out Wanadoo.

I didn't want to lose my wanadoo email account of many years, so I kept orange on.

I took out an Orange contract mobile with their mobile telephony department but after a few months of problems gave it the elbow.

Now a year or so later and I bought my daughter a laptop for her birthday.
It wouldn't work with the Orange Livebox (do a google search for Samsung NC10 +Livebox if you're at all interested in how many people have had similar problems)

Orange refused to replace Livebox, or talk to my ex, blah blah blah, then they wanted £162 to close the account.

I am sorry but you contradict yourself and I see that any further communication with someone like you is a complete waste of time and Effort.

So I will leave you to make all you little Rants to an empty room!!

Show me the contradictions - where I have contradicted myself! NOT where you have imagined it. And not in the context of where I have replied to something you have misquoted.

I haven't started to rant yet, and I would do it via PM if I ever were.
I might read any reply you make to this but as you're misquoting and running, don't expect a reply.

joxville
20-May-09, 14:21
I had great service from o2 for years then in a moment of weakness,(ok greed-I got a tv), I switched to an 18 month contract with Orange-it's the worst thing I've ever done. Absolute crap service, so many missed calls...I've even tried dialling my mobile from a landline and it goes straight to voicemail! I travel from Hampshire to Caithness and no matter where I am, it's the same story. This morning I got a text telling me I had two missed calls and to dial my voicemail to retrieve them-I was then informed they were from 1st of May and 11th May???????? What flaming use is that? What if is was an important call I'm waiting on? I look forward to October and going back to o2. [disgust]

annthracks
20-May-09, 14:25
Hi, Just wondering if anyone uses The Orange Mobile network up here?

If so how good is the signal?

Cheers

Sorry for the above ber219, I would ask your friends if I were you.

I think Orange are cr4p and Vodfone and O2 are ok - having experience of Vodafone, T-mobile, Virgin, O2 and Orange.

Kodiak thinks Orange are the best thing since sliced bread.

stekar
20-May-09, 14:35
Orange is ok in the towns, but I struggle for a signal in some parts of the country. I've just swapped to o2 which is a lot better for me.

scorrie
20-May-09, 16:32
How's this for Orange Mobile:-

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/Outspan_Orange.jpg

joxville
20-May-09, 16:50
How's this for Orange Mobile:-

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/Outspan_Orange.jpg
I tried using it but all I got were the pips. [lol]

bettedaviseyes
20-May-09, 17:13
i have orange mob i find it great just depends were you live ;)

scorrie
20-May-09, 19:58
I tried using it but all I got were the pips. [lol]

Mine ran out of Juice, Pith Poor I thought!!