PDA

View Full Version : Dangerous driving in thurso!!

Rie
20-May-09, 10:16
Just wondering if any one else has experianced a V reg light blue peugeot pulling out right in front of them , or driving right up there backside at speed through the town??
Not only had this happen to me but have watched in disbelief as it has swerved infront of mopeds and intimidated other cars, some of which i know have only recently passed there test.
Do i have Grounds for reporting dangerous driving to the police???[evil]

tootler
20-May-09, 10:19
Yes. Take his registration number and report him to the police. You'll be doing us all a favour.:D

I know the police are doing their best to clamp down on the "boy racers" but they need as much help as they can get. Don't hesitate to report dangerous or anti-social driving when you see it.

percy toboggan
20-May-09, 10:42
Yes, do please report this menace.
It sounds like a matter of time before he injures somebody - or worse.
The Police should take your concerns seriously - especially in such a relatively small town.

Perhaps this alleged idiot will be recognised on this board, perhaps someone can have a word in his lug-hole

rfr10
20-May-09, 12:16
There are too many of these irresponsible, stupid drivers on the roads. The only way they will learn a lesson is if they end up killing someone so prevent it while you still can.

I never understand why so many younger drivers decide to have their car seat reclined as though they are on a summer holiday at the beach, driving about in second gear, believing it is "cool" to have a constant bass drum thumping out "music", one hand on the steering wheel while the other arm is resting on the door with their head in their hand - are they really alert when driving like this? Who or where do they get their brand new cars from and the money for petrol for going round and round in circles through the town every night. Often zooming past the school trying to show off. Why do so many responsible drivers who may make one mistake in their test fail while these other irresponsible drivers pass? I'm sure many of these people do not work to pay for their own car or if they do, they must be living off their parents to pay for necessities.

Who knows, maybe I'm just a boring young person... don't answer that!

annthracks
20-May-09, 12:30
and the driver of SK54 R-H can watch how he overtakes people as well - if he cuts in front of us again less than half a cars length after he's overtaken us when we were doing 60 on the way to Wick I'll be reporting him. It's not speeding that causes accidents, it's driving like an idiot.

Bazeye
20-May-09, 13:03
If your phones got the capability film him and show it to the Police.

BINBOB
20-May-09, 13:14
Just wondering if any one else has experianced a V reg light blue peugeot pulling out right in front of them , or driving right up there backside at speed through the town??
Not only had this happen to me but have watched in disbelief as it has swerved infront of mopeds and intimidated other cars, some of which i know have only recently passed there test.

yes..i really do think so..before someone is injured or worse/

majic
20-May-09, 13:55
If your phones got the capability film him and show it to the Police.

but they will get fined for useing the phone while driving

annthracks
20-May-09, 13:57

not if they're in the passenger seat!

buddyrich
20-May-09, 13:59
Isnt it funny how these nuggethead drivers can infuriate, annoy and genuinely endanger themselves and others with their ridiculous road antics, yet when they inevitably kill themselves through their own lack of care, then they're lauded in the paper as a "great person with their whole life in front of them etc etc etc".

I'd like to see a report that says "Well, he was driving like a complete prat and his stupid risk-taking came home to roost".

ett23
20-May-09, 16:36
What is it with dangerous drivers? Does my car have a sign on it saying 'Please Attempt To Crash Into Me'?? Or maybe I have an invisibility cloak surrounding my motor?? Twice in the same amount of days I've had to swerve and brake hard to get out of a motorists way in Thurso as I was innocently driving down the road.

Yesterday it was an elderly gentleman who almost bashed into my passenger door as he pulled straight out of the junction at the Royal British Legion while I was driving past heading towards Riverside Replicas area, and then today while I was driving along one of the roads parallel to Princes Street yet another elderly gentleman actually pulled right out of a side junction and I had to brake hard to avoid hitting his car!!! :mad:

Please remember to look both ways at a junction and pull out slowly if there are parked cars blocking your view - that way you have less chance of hitting oncoming traffic!! :roll:

Bazeye
20-May-09, 17:55

You are allowed to get out of your car. Just stand on the corner or sit on Doupy Dans seat.

dragonfly
20-May-09, 18:02
yes I've seen that car too along with several other corsa's, saxo's pug's but its not only "boy" racers - we were coming up the road on Sunday when a local businessman who uses this forum came smoking up behind us, tailgated us for a good distance and then took off like the bats of hell on a blind corner - won't be suprised to be reading of an accident he's been involved in or worse, his demise - all to get home 10 minutes earlier than he would have done if sticking to the speed limits

Only fools break the 2nd rule!

upolian
20-May-09, 18:10
not all these modified cars are driven by idiots,just fool slike this give us enthusiasts a bad name,yes report it

caithnesslad
20-May-09, 18:22

Peugeot 306 by any chance with lots of black smoke out the rear? lol

upolian
20-May-09, 18:31
no smoke no poke,moonstone blue isnt it?its a nice car

greenasiamcabbagelooking
20-May-09, 19:37
when they inevitably kill themselves through their own lack of care, then they're lauded in the paper as a "great person with their whole life in front of them etc etc etc".

I'd like to see a report that says "Well, he was driving like a complete prat and his stupid risk-taking came home to roost".

the tragedy is that more often than not it's one of the passengers that's killed and not the driver .... :(

joxville
20-May-09, 20:20
Isnt it funny how these nuggethead drivers can infuriate, annoy and genuinely endanger themselves and others with their ridiculous road antics, yet when they inevitably kill themselves through their own lack of care, then they're lauded in the paper as a "great person with their whole life in front of them etc etc etc".

Two years ago there was a crash not far from my home, in the car was a lad aged 19, and he was racing his sister's boyfriend in his car. As the boy overtook the boyfriend he lost control and was killed on impact with a telephone pole. He was driving a brand new BMW 325, given to him by his millionaire businessman father as a gift for passing his driving test two weeks previously.

The father blames himself for the crash.

As much as I feel sorry for the family's loss, I do lay some of the blame on the father. I know them personally and have never met such an arrogant family...no-one could tell them what to do. So it wasn't just inexperience that got the boy killed....:(

tomacomen
20-May-09, 22:09
just because people decide to spend money on their cars, cruise and play loud music doesnt make them bad people!! In the cruise scene you'll actually find some proper sound folk who are very good and courteous drivers!

more often than not when driving at home, i find its the old duffers with the "IM ALWAYS RIGHT" attitude that nearly cause accidents. Im not just talking about the old generation that drive at 20mph EVERYWHERE, but the middle age folk who seem outraged whenever someone pulls out infront of them or overtakes them in the country.

If a "responsible" driver hasnt passed his/her test, then their not a responsible driver. end of. if you've passed the test you've got the skills, but you dont have what it takes to go warpspeed on the roads because driving lessons dont teach you.

A driver needs time to learn a car, learn what its power is like, where the power dips are etc. thats what causes accidents.

I actually am sick of the more mature drivers geein it lalldy when i pull out infront of them, all in good time as well. just because they're too preoccupied with the bairns in the back rather than the road.

caithnesslad
20-May-09, 22:42
just because people decide to spend money on their cars, cruise and play loud music doesnt make them bad people!! In the cruise scene you'll actually find some proper sound folk who are very good and courteous drivers!

more often than not when driving at home, i find its the old duffers with the "IM ALWAYS RIGHT" attitude that nearly cause accidents. Im not just talking about the old generation that drive at 20mph EVERYWHERE, but the middle age folk who seem outraged whenever someone pulls out infront of them or overtakes them in the country.

If a "responsible" driver hasnt passed his/her test, then their not a responsible driver. end of. if you've passed the test you've got the skills, but you dont have what it takes to go warpspeed on the roads because driving lessons dont teach you.

A driver needs time to learn a car, learn what its power is like, where the power dips are etc. thats what causes accidents.

I actually am sick of the more mature drivers geein it lalldy when i pull out infront of them, all in good time as well. just because they're too preoccupied with the bairns in the back rather than the road.

Have to agree i've seen mysel coming off roundabouts or out junctions and someone being a safe distance away and them either tooting for no serious matter or infact about an hour ago someone in some ugly silver citroen c4 sitting on my bumper and swerving all over the road so i just slowed down to piss him off.. best cure for road rage lol.

rfr10
20-May-09, 23:13
just because people decide to spend money on their cars, cruise and play loud music doesnt make them bad people!!

No-one has said they are bad people. If they have a job, bought the car themselves and after buying the car, still have money to buy their own necessities then all respect to them but I can say for certain that a huge population of young drivers do not buy the car themselves. I don't see how some people can take these things for granted when there are people living in poverty who do cannot afford to buy a car and have to watch these people who like to flaunt their wealth by cruising the streets playing music unnecessarily loud with windows open so the whole town can hear. Cars should be used for journeys that are necessary and not for a quick spin around the town, polluting the environment.

In the cruise scene you'll actually find some proper sound folk who are very good and courteous drivers!

Maybe but I'm certainly yet to find one.

Ah but at least many of these "old duffers" have had the experience of driving for a long time. Many accidents are caused my inexperienced, competitive drivers and I bet they are not outraged because someone has overtaken them at a reasonable speed.

A driver needs to learn to be courteous of others, learn to drive at an appropriate speed for the condition of the road, learn not to compete with other drivers and learn that their car is a killing machine if driven at speed - this is what causes accidents.

Blazing Sporrans
20-May-09, 23:19
As my old dad used to say... "Any fool can drive fast but it's often the stopping that matters!"

tomacomen
21-May-09, 00:01
im going to jump right in here rfr10, but do you drive yourself or have taken lessons?

as for flaunting their wealth, what a load of tosh! its basic human nature, like having a new toy and wanting to show it off. an awful lot of work goes into making some cars look the way they do and the owner has every right to show it off, that would show the popularity of car shows, cruises etc. I enjoy driving and i enjoy taking the motor for a wee spin. if cars were simply seen as transport where would any innovation come from!!

polluting the enviroment, get a grip. address issues such as developing countries cutting down any forest/plantlife and running on inefficient tech and american cars running 12litre engines producing 10bhp then you'll see more of a decrease in GHG than stopping people cruising.

Just because someone has lots of experience driving does not necessarily make them a better driver. A lot of the older folk im talking about sat tests when there were no roundabouts, no box junctions etc. Just because they've had their license longer does not mean that they know how to negotiate such junctions, hell, look at the roundabout at the bottom of the cliff in wick!

as for not knowing nice people in the cruising scene, the vast majority are people who love talking about their "pride and joy" and showing it off. when you see the amount of money spent of on their cars, the engineering and the pride its great! most similar car enthusiasts love giving info to fellow enthusiasts and getting the craic.

I also think you'll find that most crashes are caused by frustration, anyone whos driven the A9 will testify to that! the speed limits are there for a reason, driving at 20mph on a 50mph isnt safe infact its probably more dangerous.

rfr10
21-May-09, 00:23
im going to jump right in here rfr10, but do you drive yourself or have taken lessons?
Yes

as for flaunting their wealth, what a load of tosh! its basic human nature, like having a new toy and wanting to show it off.

Driving the car from one destination to another is quite enough to show a car off. Loud, irritating music is unnecessary

an awful lot of work goes into making some cars look the way they do and the owner has every right to show it off, that would show the popularity of car shows, cruises etc.

Yes, I quite agree and there is a time and place for showing cars off as you have rightly stated - not public streets (especially residential areas). Have you heard the noise from some of these things? Wheel spins, extremely loud exhausts etc. Public roads are built for transportation - not for fun and entertainment - and this is the idea some drivers need to get into their head.

I enjoy driving and i enjoy taking the motor for a wee spin. if cars were simply seen as transport where would any innovation come from!!

I'm sure a lot of work goes into making guns but as with cars - there is a time and a place for them and both are capable of killing when used inappropriately.

polluting the enviroment, get a grip.

Attitudes like this are the reason that the life expectancy in cities are much lower than in rural areas.

hell, look at the roundabout at the bottom of the cliff in wick!

Well... I've got to agree with you there :lol:

I also think you'll find that most crashes are caused by frustration, anyone whos driven the A9 will testify to that! the speed limits are there for a reason, driving at 20mph on a 50mph isnt safe infact its probably more dangerous.

I think I'll find that most car accidents are cause due to distractions such as loud music and not paying full attention to the road.

tomacomen
21-May-09, 01:07
wheel spins are stupid. they wreck the car, aint fast and arent great for controlling your steering. the loud exhausts though can have a point, having a larger bore exhaust can give your engine more power by allowing it to "breathe" more efficiently. Also i think you'll find that most aftermarket exhaust systems and backboxes also meet the standard on excessive noise. you'll even find that on tracks your not allowed to use an exhaust that exceeds a noise limit just like on the road.

do you wash your car? also if cars are used only for transport, and not for use in residential areas, then how are we supposed to get from a to b. plus, i dont theres many folk drivin about residential areas anyways as its not really "the place" to show off your motor.

your statement about guns is stupid. simple as that. the advancement in weapons tech comes from wars and guns are designed to kill people. Car technology on the otherhand is advanced through racing. the KER systems for example, seen on the new audi and bmw cars, is a direct transfer from F1. If we did not have enthusiasts, engineers and people interested in automotive tech then we would not be driving anything remotely near the standard of cars we have today. and that includes safety systems also, if you dont believe me do a quick internet search. you'll be suprised.

another thing i have a bit of a problem with is your statement about my attitude about the enviroment. Im not up for wrecking the planet, nor do i suscribe to the whole global warming thing, however driving a car less does not make as significant an impact when compared to adressing the problems i mentioned in my earlier post. im not speaking rubbish on this either, i think studying a module on energy engineering and technology at uni would suggest i have some idea about what im talking about.

Where do you get the idea that an attitude can affect your life expectancy anyways? i know its been proven that mental health can affect life expectancy like depression etc, however i think that an attitude to co2 emmisions do not affect your life expectancy. life expectancy takes into account of a large number of factors, and your using this to try and make a point is a completely and utterly idiotic.

find me a figure to suggest that loud music contributes to road traffic accidents more than driving at slow speeds, not being completely aware and believing that since you've had your license for a long time means you rule the road. i suppose that the belief that "im old and rule the road" is possibly the only attitude that could affect your life expectancy!

rfr10
21-May-09, 01:39
wheel spins are stupid. they wreck the car, aint fast and arent great for controlling your steering. the loud exhausts though can have a point, having a larger bore exhaust can give your engine more power by allowing it to "breathe" more efficiently. Also i think you'll find that most aftermarket exhaust systems and backboxes also meet the standard on excessive noise. you'll even find that on tracks your not allowed to use an exhaust that exceeds a noise limit just like on the road.

Shows some sense on your behalf here.

do you wash your car?

Only when scorries use it for target practice.

also if cars are used only for transport, and not for use in residential areas, then how are we supposed to get from a to b.

If you read my message properly, it states that public roads are not the place to be showing your car off (especially residential areas)

plus, i dont theres many folk drivin about residential areas anyways as its not really "the place" to show off your motor.

Wrong - I know of many residential areas where speed bumps had to be put in place due to people racing at night.

your statement about guns is stupid. simple as that. the advancement in weapons tech comes from wars and guns are designed to kill people.

In the wrong hands, a car is capable of killing just as many people at any one time as a gun.

Car technology on the otherhand is advanced through racing. the KER systems for example, seen on the new audi and bmw cars, is a direct transfer from F1.

And how many F1 drivers do you find using the public road as a race track?

another thing i have a bit of a problem with is your statement about my attitude about the enviroment. Im not up for wrecking the planet, nor do i suscribe to the whole global warming thing, however driving a car less does not make as significant an impact when compared to adressing the problems i mentioned in my earlier post. im not speaking rubbish on this either, i think studying a module on energy engineering and technology at uni would suggest i have some idea about what im talking about.

If every person on this planet only used their cars when absolutely necessary I am sure a very significant impact will result. "Compared to" doesn't mean anything - everything contributes towards it. I am not disagreeing that the other problems you mentioned cause damage but that is a different issue.

Where do you get the idea that an attitude can affect your life expectancy anyways?

It is a fact that lower air pollution results in a higher life expectancy and motor vehicles are a major contribution to this.

and your using this to try and make a point is a completely and utterly idiotic.

Constructive criticism is welcome but your adjectives do not strengthen the argument you are making.

find me a figure to suggest that loud music contributes to road traffic accidents more than driving at slow speeds, not being completely aware and believing that since you've had your license for a long time means you rule the road. i suppose that the belief that "im old and rule the road" is possibly the only attitude that could affect your life expectancy!

Seach for the top cause of accidents - distractions is a major cause and loud music is a distraction and affects your concentration - Fact

You are evidently very enthusiastic about your cars but there are too many deaths on the roads due to inexperience of young drivers - of course I am not placing this label on all young drivers but the government statistics will emphasise that preventing such deaths by educating young people and making them aware of the dangers of competitive driving. Showing consideration towards residents is also very important - our public roads should not be used as a race track for drivers who think they can control their car but in the end, realise it was a big mistake. Ok, pollution isn't a major cause of deaths and therefore driving out and about is fine as long as the driver is abiding by the rules of the road, driving at a sensible speed and not putting the lives of others at risk.

hotrod4
21-May-09, 06:05
I think I'll find that most car accidents are cause due to distractions such as loud music and not paying full attention to the road.

The numer one cause of road accidents is actually Driver behaviour (Ignorant or aggressive).
Yes music can be a distraction but so can yapping to someone in the passenger seat,using a phone (hands free or otherwise.)

You certainly seem to have it in for those that modify their cars to look nice, why? Jealousy?.
If you look at most new cars today you will see that they are "styled", with most having alloys, bodykit, sporty trims etc.
Even the most basic hatches nowadays are styled by manufacturers. Gone are the days when a car was just a box on wheels.
All these guys are doing are taking standard middle of the road bland looking cars and doing them up to look nice, whats wrong with that?

There may be the odd one who acts the numpty but I wouldnt tar all them with the same brush, after all if thats the case then ALL caravan drivers are bad, ALL white vans drive fast etc,I could go on but you get the point?
Stereotyping isnt correct.(Just thought I'd Convene that one to you;))

percy toboggan
21-May-09, 07:19
Two years ago there was a crash not far from my home, in the car was a lad aged 19, and he was racing his sister's boyfriend in his car. As the boy overtook the boyfriend he lost control and was killed on impact with a telephone pole. He was driving a brand new BMW 325, given to him by his millionaire businessman father as a gift for passing his driving test two weeks previously.

As much as I feel sorry for the family's loss, I do lay some of the blame on the father. I know them personally and have never met such an arrogant family...no-one could tell them what to do. So it wasn't just inexperience that got the boy killed....:(

Your sympathy seems tempered by feelings I may also share.
An arrogant speed merchant whose parents have more money than sense takes himself 'out' whilst racing on a public highway without damaging anyone else...the only other casualty is a telephone poll.
Result.
The father is correct to blame his own actions, and the temprament of his Son who could easily have been involved in a head on crash with a totally innocent, perfectly well adjusted family.

rfr10
21-May-09, 11:31
You certainly seem to have it in for those that modify their cars to look nice, why? Jealousy?.

Really? - please quote where you are finding the information that I "have it in for those that modify their cars". I think you'll find that the main part of my argument was directed against those who are inconsiderate towards others on the road and residents of areas when music is booming out the window which is totally unnecessary - if you want to play music this loud then get a sound proofed car. Evidently you don't live in Wick - if you do, you are obviously oblivious to the racket of the cars going through the town and no I do not stereotype but I think you will find the majority of the noise - if not all - is from a car driven by a younger driver. I know exactly who is driving these cars and it ain't your average (or not) mature adult, I can tell you that. Why don't you go down the town tonight, roughly 8 - 9 pm?

There may be the odd one who acts the numpty but I wouldnt tar all them with the same brush, after all if thats the case then ALL caravan drivers are bad, ALL white vans drive fast etc,I could go on but you get the point?

Yes and it's these "numptys" you see going round and round in circles through the town every night with screeching, travelling about in second gear for excessively long periods of time, constant beat box out the window (or in some cases - no window because they want to share the music with everyone else). These are the people who give the name to "young drivers", these are the people who are usually more likely to end up in an accident within their first year of driving. If they want to drive about all night with loud music, etc. Take it away somewhere away from the town, away somewhere there are few houses. If showing off a car is necessary - take it to a car show or something similar but not on a public road or through areas where people live - this is inconsideration. The majority of drivers I refer to are about 17 - 19 years of age. Most people older than this have a job and the sense to not waste time and money going round and round in circles all night creating excessive noise etc.

I could easily back my words up with support from Northern Constabulary if you like. I'm sure they would be more than happy to do so.

sam
21-May-09, 11:49
and the driver of SK54 R-H can watch how he overtakes people as well - if he cuts in front of us again less than half a cars length after he's overtaken us when we were doing 60 on the way to Wick I'll be reporting him. It's not speeding that causes accidents, it's driving like an idiot.

why wait until next time? Think about it, the next time could be a fatality:~(

tomacomen
21-May-09, 14:10
rfr10, im tired of your attitude on this subject. like hotrod said, your posts do imply that you are tarring the whole modding scene with the same brush.

Your comparison of a car to a gun is stupid and immature. A gun is designed to kill people. My post was trying to show you that cars today are a product of enthusiasts and engineers tinkering about with what they've got. The modding scene is a good example of this with most manufacturers taking note of whats said by their target market. as hotrod also said you'll see that most cars come with bodykits and alloys now. You obviously havent read into the subject at all because if you had you would see that most of the safety features found on modern cars are a result of this also.

if someone wants to play music in their car they can. why would their be sound systems in cars if not.

if someone wants to waste petrol cruising they can. is their a law on overusage of cars?

does every cruiser spin tyres and drive dangerously, no. there are a lot of poor drivers up in caithness but not all of them are young.

I think you need to grow up and stop being so jealous because thats the way your coming across. get the police to give figures and report everyone with tinted windows you see, im sure you'll become super popular for that. get a grip.

bish667
21-May-09, 14:35
Tomacomen i agree with what your saying, however there will always be people that wont see it from the point of view that "cruisers" arent doing any real harm. My mother used to be the same, she'd always say "why do you always want a car like that" I'd reply with "would you rather i spent money on drink and have nothing to show for it" to which she had no argument :lol:

What rfr10 is saying is that as long as all the cruisers had jobs and their own house then he wouldn't complain.

tomacomen
21-May-09, 14:40
so having your own job and house makes you a better driver? just more proof that rfr disny know what he's speakin about!

bish667
21-May-09, 14:58
This thread is just turning into a argument between the people who buy guys and drive them about to enjoy them and the people that want everybody in the world like robots.

There's always goin to be someone thats not happy about something.

rfr10
21-May-09, 15:26
rfr10, im tired of your attitude on this subject. like hotrod said, your posts do imply that you are tarring the whole modding scene with the same brush.

I'm sure if your own argument is strong enough, you do not need to refer to other posters.

My post was trying to show you that cars today are a product of enthusiasts and engineers tinkering about with what they've got. The modding scene is a good example of this with most manufacturers taking note of whats said by their target market. as hotrod also said you'll see that most cars come with bodykits and alloys now. You obviously havent read into the subject at all because if you had you would see that most of the safety features found on modern cars are a result of this also.

*Bashes head against a wall* For someone claiming to have studied at university, you seem so reluctant to pick up on the main points of my argument. Please read my posts again and try and pick out the main points I am making.

if someone wants to play music in their car they can. why would their be sound systems in cars if not.

To play music for the people in the car to hear, not for the whole damn town to hear!

if someone wants to waste petrol cruising they can. is their a law on overusage of cars?

Again, this is not the main reason for my argument

does every cruiser spin tyres and drive dangerously, no. there are a lot of poor drivers up in caithness but not all of them are young.

I think you'll find I've responded to this about three times already.

I think you need to grow up and stop being so jealous because thats the way your coming across.

get the police to give figures and report everyone with tinted windows you see, im sure you'll become super popular for that. get a grip.

I wasn't born to be popular.

It is beginning to get very amusing the amount of times you have refered to the design of cars etc. and somehow think I have something against fancy cars ;)

It's amazing how many interpretations there are of the comments I've posted. For someone who puts themselves across as a "sensible cruiser" or whatever you are, you don't half seem to take a long time to understand that there are more and more accidents involving young drivers - why do you think there have been so many deaths up here over the past couple of years!? Don't you care about this and have any sense at all to try and prevent it? You seem to care more about the design of cars that anything else. It is people like you who seem to be oblivious to how dangerous cars can actually be if driven at speed and irresponsibly.

Rather than showing your knowledge of car design off, show some knowledge of safety & responsible driving. You find me some adults who cruise about the street who try to race each other on the main road.. I don't think you'll find many.

rfr10
21-May-09, 15:28
I'd reply with "would you rather i spent money on drink and have nothing to show for it" to which she had no argument :lol:

Well you certainly have a valid point there.

rfr10
21-May-09, 15:31
so having your own job and house makes you a better driver? just more proof that rfr disny know what he's speakin about!

Yes.. of course.. that's exactly what I said...
Have you ever done an English close reading paper at school? If you have, I assume your marks weren't that great? :roll:

Anyway, it was nice debating (arguing) with you. We obviously have totally different opinions and as someone who is a car enthusiast, no argument is going to change your views and I will respect this as long as you respect others while driving your car.

tomacomen
21-May-09, 16:04

George Brims
21-May-09, 19:35
Car technology on the other hand is advanced through racing. the KER systems for example, seen on the new audi and bmw cars, is a direct transfer from F1.
I don't think that's true. The KERS systems on F1 cars are a derivative of those on road cars, put in to pay lip service to environmental concerns. However many other things we take for granted (engine management electronics, fuel injection, ABS etc etc) did come out of racing first. You just picked the wrong example.

George Brims
21-May-09, 19:41
To play music for the people in the car to hear, not for the whole damn town to hear!
I have seen a bumper sticker on cars here in California that reads "Wind up your windows, your music is crap". You can probably buy one online!

daviddd
21-May-09, 20:32
What is it with dangerous drivers? Does my car have a sign on it saying 'Please Attempt To Crash Into Me'?? Or maybe I have an invisibility cloak surrounding my motor?? Twice in the same amount of days I've had to swerve and brake hard to get out of a motorists way in Thurso as I was innocently driving down the road.

Yesterday it was an elderly gentleman who almost bashed into my passenger door as he pulled straight out of the junction at the Royal British Legion while I was driving past heading towards Riverside Replicas area, and then today while I was driving along one of the roads parallel to Princes Street yet another elderly gentleman actually pulled right out of a side junction and I had to brake hard to avoid hitting his car!!! :mad:

Please remember to look both ways at a junction and pull out slowly if there are parked cars blocking your view - that way you have less chance of hitting oncoming traffic!! :roll:Yes, the Legion junction is very dangerous. I never feel right pulling out onto Riverside Road from there.

One of the worst speedway tracks is the Halkirk to Glengolly Road - I regularly see drivers doing what has to be 100mph along there. There's a mad motorcyclist from Halkirk who probably goes fsater than that even. They are doing 60 coming from Halkirk whilst still in the 30 zone. Sitting ducks if the police can lie await for a few hours in the evening.

hotrod4
22-May-09, 06:19
Most people older than this have a job and the sense to not waste time and money going round and round in circles all night creating excessive noise etc.

I could easily back my words up with support from Northern Constabulary if you like. I'm sure they would be more than happy to do so.
Why do you keep going on about people having jobs? If a parent wants to buy their offspring a car then that is their business, what they do with their money is up to them.I take it your parents havent bought you a car then?;)

If someone wants to drive around the town why not? What do you want them to do? go to pubs,get into bother, hang around street corners getting up to no good?
All these young people are doing are driving around in circles-so what! Its THEIR car its THEIR money they pay THEIR road tax,so if they want to drive in circles who are you to stop them? As long as they dont break the law they are entitled to drive on the roads just the same as any other driver.

Your posts stink of jealousy against other younger drivers rather than try and make a point.
And just for the record I am 39 and yes I do live in wick and (Hangs his head in shame) I have alloy wheels on my car!!!!, Worse still i used to have a 4in Sports exhaust and K&N air filter on my other car!!![lol] That must make me a bad guy then!!!!

rfr10
22-May-09, 10:17
I take it your parents havent bought you a car then?;)
No, I drive their car which is good enough for me, gets me from A to B. Here's my job bit again - once I get through uni, get a decent job, then I will by my own car - not rely on my parents to buy one for me.

If someone wants to drive around the town why not? What do you want them to do? go to pubs,get into bother, hang around street corners getting up to no good?
All these young people are doing are driving around in circles-so what! Its THEIR car its THEIR money they pay THEIR road tax,so if they want to drive in circles who are you to stop them? As long as they dont break the law they are entitled to drive on the roads just the same as any other driver.

Drive round Wick, fair enough but like I've said - not blaring music out their windows and revving the engine up etc. Like I've said, haven't you hear the noise round the town some nights? Last Thursday night was terrible and I can assure you, I was not the first person to comment on this and not the last either.

And just for the record I am 39 and yes I do live in wick and (Hangs his head in shame) I have alloy wheels on my car!!!!, Worse still i used to have a 4in Sports exhaust and K&N air filter on my other car!!![lol] That must make me a bad guy then!!!!
Well you're still a young driver then ;)

Vistravi
22-May-09, 10:23
I'm sure if your own argument is strong enough, you do not need to refer to other posters.

*Bashes head against a wall* For someone claiming to have studied at university, you seem so reluctant to pick up on the main points of my argument. Please read my posts again and try and pick out the main points I am making.

Again, this is not the main reason for my argument

I think you'll find I've responded to this about three times already.

I wasn't born to be popular.

It is beginning to get very amusing the amount of times you have refered to the design of cars etc. and somehow think I have something against fancy cars ;)

It's amazing how many interpretations there are of the comments I've posted. For someone who puts themselves across as a "sensible cruiser" or whatever you are, you don't half seem to take a long time to understand that there are more and more accidents involving young drivers - why do you think there have been so many deaths up here over the past couple of years!? Don't you care about this and have any sense at all to try and prevent it? You seem to care more about the design of cars that anything else. It is people like you who seem to be oblivious to how dangerous cars can actually be if driven at speed and irresponsibly.

Rather than showing your knowledge of car design off, show some knowledge of safety & responsible driving. You find me some adults who cruise about the street who try to race each other on the main road.. I don't think you'll find many.

At both end of the scale there are accidents caused. A slow driver and a driver going at 100mph are more likely to cause accidents than someone just going a little faster than normal at 70 or 80 mph. Frustration on the A9 is caused by drivers that think 30 to 40 mph in a 60 zone is fast enough. My partner gets so frustrated at these people that he is always overtaking on the A9. He only ever does up to 70 to 80 mph ever as far as speeding goe but he is a very sensible driver and does not take stupid risks such as overtaking when another car is approaching fast or near a corner. He wants to stay alive. The idiots that overtake everything and anything at speeds like 10 to 120 mph are the ones that will kill themselves or a passenger one day.
Slow drivers are just as bad a s fast ones as they cause frustration in other drivers who end up stuck behind them for ages and they cause road blocks. It's better to drive at a pace that you are comfortable with and can control than one that you cannot or drive so slow due to fear of going fast and losing control.

Your comparison of a car to a gun is stupid and immature. A gun is designed to kill people. My post was trying to show you that cars today are a product of enthusiasts and engineers tinkering about with what they've got. The modding scene is a good example of this with most manufacturers taking note of whats said by their target market. as hotrod also said you'll see that most cars come with bodykits and alloys now. You obviously havent read into the subject at all because if you had you would see that most of the safety features found on modern cars are a result of this also.

I think you need to grow up and stop being so jealous because thats the way your coming across. get the police to give figures and report everyone with tinted windows you see, im sure you'll become super popular for that. get a grip.

You're absoultely right Tomacomen the drivers that like to have a good looking car that they are proud with don't care about the amunt of money spent on it. my partner has recently got new alloys for his celica GTR4 and a new stainless steel exhaust system that with the muffler in is still very loud. it makes the car sound like a emo so he says anyway ;) His car looks kick ass and as it is lowered he is very careful with the suspension and avoids pot holes at all costs. The amount of pot holes on some roads put him off driving on them as he doesn't want to wreck his suspension.
Tis the same about life though as you've said we can do whatever we want as long as it isn't breaking the law. Some people are just never happy and want to inforce their views on other people.

Vistravi
22-May-09, 10:31

To get back on topic;)

If you think this guy is bad you should see the way people drive in inverness. Twice a guy driving a newish car with several dents in the bumper swerved round a roundabout (a proper roundabout, none of this wee roundabout thing like wick has) and almost hit my partners car. the roundabout was a large one and this guy just wasn't looking where he was going. he wasn't even using his mirrors as if he had he'd have seen my partner's car. That guy could've killed us in an accident and its appartent that he has done the same to other drivers considering the amount of damage on his back bumper. This driver is not the only bad driver in ness. nobody seems to know how to drive properly. But that is true all over the country.
I'm a learning driver but common sense is what some other drivers seem to severely lack.

Bazeye
22-May-09, 11:56
After reading this thread with people arguing with each other, is it any wonder there is so much road rage about. If youre going to argue the toss about it on a forum, God knows what youre like when you get behind a wheel. Thats one of the reasons, well, probably the only reason, I dont drive, never have done and have no intention of. So there.

JAWS
22-May-09, 16:46
The line of the argument seems to revolve around the idea that if I like something then it is great and acceptable but if I don't like something then it is annoying, must be dangerous and horrible people should be banned from doing it.

I'm just glad I don't live amongst a bunch of boring clones who all do the same thing. Thank heaven there are still individuals around who do their own thing.

Oh, and as for anything that is objected to always being a distraction and dangerous I have always found that most people can chew gum and walk at the same time without falling over or bumping into things because they have lost concentration. Or is walking whilst chewing gum at the same time considered to be dangerous because of the chewing must be a distraction?

rfr10
22-May-09, 18:19
Tis the same about life though as you've said we can do whatever we want as long as it isn't breaking the law. Some people are just never happy and want to inforce their views on other people.

I think if your do some light reading on the Road Traffic Act, you will realise that I am not enforcing my views upon anyone. Anyone who is a considerate driver, I'm sure will share the exact same views as myself and those who disagree are more than likely to be those who either drive inconsiderately themselves or speaking in defence of a friend or relation who does just this (or it could be that you're completely misinterpreting my argument ;)). Isn't your partner breaking a law driving at 70 or 80? I know there are probably very few drivers who do observe the speed limit the whole time but it is a law and regardless of how fast is comfortable, anything could end up in front of your vehicle at anytime and will you be prepared for it? Travelling at 60mph is fast enough and if so many people are in such a hurry to reach their destination then leave earlier. There are over 700 deaths caused each year due to people breaking the speed limit. If you hit someone driving at 40 mph, this means there is an 20% chance they will survive compared to 30mph where there is an 80% chance they will survive. The speed limits are not there to show what speeds are comfortable, they are there to protect others in the even that a collision happens and no-one can predict when that could happen. Yes I agree that driving too slow causes frustration on the roads and this is likely to cause more accidents but I've seen people so desperate to overtake that, even if the car is travelling at 60mph, they are still right up the backside trying to overtake as soon as possible and you can tell they are desperate when they keep moving in and out on the road. Why do this when you can sit further back and have a far clearer vision of the road ahead. And one more fact that supports the "young driver" theory I seem to have is that young men between the ages of 19 - 39 are most at risk at being in an accident on a main road. Believe me, I'm not trying to protect myself here - I'm not the best of drivers but at least I realise I don't own the road - I don't want to cause danger to anyone else and when I have people in my car, I drive extra carefully and wouldn't even think of going over the speed limit. Injuring oneself is bad enough, never mind passengers and other road users as well. I'm sorry if it comes across that I'm enforcing my views upon everyone but it's facts I'm dealing with, it's other people I want to protect - those who do have consideration for others and no matter how much I enjoy driving or how fancy a car I have to show off, it will never precede the safety of others.

rfr10
22-May-09, 18:26
Oh, and as for anything that is objected to always being a distraction and dangerous I have always found that most people can chew gum and walk at the same time without falling over or bumping into things because they have lost concentration. Or is walking whilst chewing gum at the same time considered to be dangerous because of the chewing must be a distraction?

Well I don't know about you but I don't think about chewing when chewing gum so therefore it's not really a distraction. How much harm can walking into things be though? I've walked into plenty of wheelie bins before (then again, I was walking backwards). I've also been injured, when younger, by a crisp packet which flew out of a bin and hit me in the eye. Unfortunately, at the speed I walk - I wasn't able to avoid it. There have been psychological experiments have shown that noise is a distraction on performance.

tomacomen
22-May-09, 18:33
i think the general consensus is that your just pure MOANIN' rfr10!

mabye have a wee lie doon, a wee minute to collect your thoughts then actually think about what your going to post as some of your comments are just laughable!

or do i need to go and do another close reading english paper before i have the remarkable comprehension that you have? LAWL!

rfr10
22-May-09, 18:40
some of your comments are just laughable!
The phrase "grow up" comes to mind. At least I am making valid points against what you have to say and not lauging at it with nothing better to say than "you're stupid", "your comments are idiotic". I'm starting to have doubts about how safe a driver you actually are. Please find me some factual information that backs up your half of the argument.

or do i need to go and do another close reading english paper before i have the remarkable comprehension that you have? LAWL!

Oh I'm so sorry, were you so hurt by my comment about your close reading skills that you must mention it again? If you're not going to add some constructive comments then don't add any at all. You may not agree with me because your are such a car enthusiast and when people enjoy something so much, they turn their head away from reality. You'd never do in a parliamentary debate if you just laugh at perfectly valid comments. Then I suppose you wouldn't want to take part in a parliamentary debate incase they have more road safety initiatives. I do also recall you telling me to "take my 1K orger status, my Highland Youth Voice rubbish and clear off". If this is the case then why don't you do the same yourself and stop responding to my comments.

teddybear1873
22-May-09, 18:46
What a great thread. Can't you smell the love in here?

rfr10
22-May-09, 18:51
What a great thread. Can't you smell the love in here?

Oh I can certainly smell something and it isn't love...:lol:

I'm only joking before someone up there ^^ decides to take offence [disgust]

teddybear1873
22-May-09, 18:53

Then it's time to take a trip to the bog.

starry
22-May-09, 18:53

I can only smell burning rubber ;)

drotax
22-May-09, 18:54
Why do you think that these people that cruise the street all drive cars their parents have bought for them? I know my parents certainly didn't pay for my car, that was my own hard earned cash! This goes for most of the rest the people that are touring round also, i think you will find that most of these people have decent jobs, such apprenticeships e.t.c, and have paid for their own cars.

Rfr10, i'm guessing that your still young yoursel because you say your at uni and use your parents car? Maybe once you stop tax dodging, get your own car, pay your own road tax, pay your own car insurance you can blab your crap! Just now, your not that much better, driving your parents car, without ever breaking the law or driviers etiquette than these "cruisers" who are at least paying their way!

tomacomen
22-May-09, 18:57
The phrase "grow up" comes to mind. At least I am making valid points against what you have to say and not lauging at it with nothing better to say than "you're stupid", "your comments are idiotic". I'm starting to have doubts about how safe a driver you actually are. Please find me some factual information that backs up your half of the argument.

Oh I'm so sorry, were you so hurt by my comment about your close reading skills that you must mention it again? If you're not going to add some constructive comments then don't add any at all. You may not agree with me because your are such a car enthusiast and when people enjoy something so much, they turn their head away from reality. You'd never do in a parliamentary debate if you just laugh at perfectly valid comments. Then I suppose you wouldn't want to take part in a parliamentary debate incase they have more road safety initiatives.

dry yer eyes! i lost interest in your side of the debate when you turned it into a slagging match. there was no need to try and belittle someone by questioning their qualifications on a public forum. Taking into account that you probably have only just sat your highers..........

As for parliamentary debate, this is hardly one! I dont think you'd do well either with some of your craic like! saying that though, arent most politicians halfwits who twist figures to back themselves up and seem to be a step away from reality at the best of times! Have you seen alec salmond!?!

Im not that much of a car enthusiast, i just think its a bit much picking on a group that didnt have a voice on the forum!

on a final note, hopefully they dont introduce any more initiatives! mabye spending some money repairing the roads around the country at the moment would be more beneficial to motorists than spending money having politicians sat on their backsides talking themselves up!

and i do smell something, lar biy, its a hellish smell of guff comin fae rfr10s direction!! lol!

rfr10
22-May-09, 19:18
I was going to reply to that but I think I'll stop there as I am sure you'll be glad to know but I can assure you, I can't be talking as much rubbish as you say considering the number of green rep points I have been given in this thread. But then I suppose all these people are wrong as well? ;) Try not to take too much offence to my reference to your close reading skills etc. - obviously being/ having been at University you must be pretty academically capable... I'll soon catch up with you though ;)

tomacomen
22-May-09, 20:05
being academical had nothing to do with this topic. Last time i looked this was a local forum, for local people......if you dont get that its probably because your too young to remember "the league of gentleman"

ive had a good few rep points for this one too so i canny be doin too bad lek!

anyhoo, enoughs enough, I'll claim this as a moral victory for the good motorists out there, for the downtrodden, the brave and the free.

right, ive got some tires to scurl, some drum and bass to blast and some yoof to race!

Jonaleth Irenicus
22-May-09, 23:58
My partner gets so frustrated at these people that he is always overtaking on the A9. He only ever does up to 70 to 80 mph ever as far as speeding goe but he is a very sensible driver

If he thinks that driving at 20mph over the speed limit is either safe or acceptable, he clearly isn't a very sensible driver. Do you also think that driving at 50mph in a 30mph zone is alright, or is that "different", as most habitual speeders seem to think?

budge999
23-May-09, 16:25
Hey i Have A Blue Saxo vts with a really loud exhaust and...

I also Cruise About The Town At 70Mph ,

Any 1 Wanting a Race Phone me on.. 07810558329..

dragonfly
23-May-09, 17:43
Budge999, please make sure when you crash you don't take an innocent life.

tootler
23-May-09, 23:05
Hey, guys, leave rfr10 alone, will you?

He's not perfect and he could perhaps have chosen his words more carefully, but I'd rather have a thousand of him in Caithness than one of you guys that goes round and round and round and round the town centre of an evening with so little purpose in your lives.

Cruising is not environmentally friendly and it is antisocial. I live in the town centre and, as I type, I can hear tyres screeching and engines revving... as usual for this time of night. It's not clever, it's not funny, and often the way these young men choose to drive is dangerous and illegal.

Cars are to get you from A to B, not from A to A.

Grow up. Hopefully before you die. :roll:

Vistravi
23-May-09, 23:22
If he thinks that driving at 20mph over the speed limit is either safe or acceptable, he clearly isn't a very sensible driver. Do you also think that driving at 50mph in a 30mph zone is alright, or is that "different", as most habitual speeders seem to think?
I did not say he drove 20 mph over the speed limit al the time. He only ever does when he does it up to 80 mph on a straight open road. Never in a town or village. as such on the A9 he will occasionly do up to 80 mph. He is a sensible driver but i think you only saw the 80 mph and ignored the rest of what i said.[disgust]

tootler
23-May-09, 23:25
I did not say he drove 20 mph over the speed limit al the time. He only ever does when he does it up to 80 mph on a straight open road. Never in a town or village. as such on the A9 he will occasionly do up to 80 mph. He is a sensible driver but i think you only saw the 80 mph and ignored the rest of what i said.[disgust]

80mph along the A9 is not sensible driving. It's illegal driving.:roll:

Vistravi
23-May-09, 23:53
80mph along the A9 is not sensible driving. It's illegal driving.:roll:

Aye it is. But looking at some of the accidents on the castletown to thurso road involving drivers drving at around 120mph and causing accidents. 80 mph when no one is around to be put in danger is small fries. And as i said he only does it occasionaly. He isn't a constant speeder. He has been on some very scary roads such as the A82 which is the most dangerous road for accidents that he has ever seen. The road scared him but has given him the experience of driving on a road that is covered with blind corners at every corner.

crayola
24-May-09, 01:00
He has been on some very scary roads such as the A82 which is the most dangerous road for accidents that he has ever seen. The road scared him but has given him the experience of driving on a road that is covered with blind corners at every corner.A lot of it is what you're used to. I don't find the A82 scary unless you restrict yourself to the stretch along Loch Lomond. I'm more scared by the hordes of loonies' incessant overtaking on the A9 north of Inverness than I am by the A82. Driving in Rome is a bit scary too. :lol:

tomacomen
24-May-09, 03:04
Hey, guys, leave rfr10 alone, will you?

He's not perfect and he could perhaps have chosen his words more carefully, but I'd rather have a thousand of him in Caithness than one of you guys that goes round and round and round and round the town centre of an evening with so little purpose in your lives.

Cruising is not environmentally friendly and it is antisocial. I live in the town centre and, as I type, I can hear tyres screeching and engines revving... as usual for this time of night. It's not clever, it's not funny, and often the way these young men choose to drive is dangerous and illegal.

Cars are to get you from A to B, not from A to A.

Grow up. Hopefully before you die. :roll:

get off their backs and stop being so down on folk. seriously, the attitude of this board is apppalling. Ive gone into the facts about GHGs and it makes damn all difference.

keep to your small mindedness and stop moanin here, ken?

dragonfly
24-May-09, 08:56
get off their backs and stop being so down on folk. seriously, the attitude of this board is apppalling. Ive gone into the facts about GHGs and it makes damn all difference.

as someone who has lost a husband to a prat racing with his brother, no I will not get off their backs - going over the speed limit by 10-20mph on the open roads is one thing but flooring them to the max in and out of town is something completely different

how many more innocent passengers of racers have to die before it gets into their idiotic minds that the car is way more powerful than they are???

Venture
24-May-09, 09:20

I'm trying to make my mind up as to whether this is a genuine post or a wind-up. Budge999 if you are genuinely inviting others to race with you then you are nothing but irresponsible, immature and dangerous. Dicing with death on the road may be your choice, but what about the innocent passenger, other motorist or pedestrian who gets in your way?

I live alongside a stretch of road that is continually used as a race track by idiots who think they can handle a car at speed. Over the years I've lost count of the amount of crashes with cars and bikes which have taken place and have seen at first hand the amount of damage to bodies and property as a result of this stupidity. I can say that 99% of these crashes have involved young drivers, speeding and inexperience.

I don't have anything against younger drivers who own and take a pride in their cars as long as they remember it's not a toy they are playing with but a machine which, if used in the wrong way, can destroy lives in more ways than one forever. It only takes a second. You may think you are competent drivers and that the inevitable will never happen to you. Many before you said the same and are no longer here to tell the tale. Far too many young people are losing their lives on the road. Hardly a weekend goes by without hearing about some fatality on North roads.

Lads nowadays would do anything to own a good looking car, it certainly helps when trying to attract the opposite sex. But just remember, that once you climb into that car and get behind the wheel, it's not only your life that is in your hands but also that of many others. Think before you speed and stay alive.;)

joxville
24-May-09, 10:17
Unfortunately the numpties only realise they've run out of talent when they've run out of road! :(

scottygirl
24-May-09, 11:12
I am a lurker to this board, originally from god's country but now living elsewhere.
My reality, and it is just mine, is that the standard of driving up in Caithness by the younger generation is not great. When I was growing up there were a scary amount of accidents (and fatalities) and the majority were young folk who did not drive to the conditions of the road, be that weather related or doing things there shouldn't have been doing ie racing, speeding.
I have lost friends to this.
The posts are heated which is unfortunate but ultimately shows the depth of feeling.

How many folk have died on Caithness roads in the past few years due to reasons other than mechanical failure/weather? I dread to think. How many are young? Again I dread to think but I can think of at least one which was the young girl in Castletown.

The original post talked about inconsiderate drivers - I would have no hesitation in calling the police. Nip it in the bud.

Also, I used to drive the A9 regularly and was always amazed at the speeds some folk seemed to think were acceptable.
Having had a deer jump out of nowhere when you are doing 80mph is going to cause some considerable damage and on the A9, there are plenty of them, never mind the odd errant sheep. Fine and dandy if you are the only car on the road but what if there is someone coming the other way? Doesn't bear to think about.

My father, when I passed my test, expressed concern for my well fair. I told him not to worry as I was sensible. He said that it wasn't me he was worried about, it was all the other idots out there. I think of this every single time some idiot does something silly near me.

Living in a city, that happens a lot.

That's just my tuppence worth on this subject, don't shoot me.

By the way, I drive a boring car, but I love it and it does what it is supposed to do. I have absolutely no issue with folk loving their cars and making them look good etc. Not so keen on trying to cross the road when folk are zooming by when I do visit "home" but there you go. Been like that forever and a day and no one seems to do anything about it.
:-)

tootler
24-May-09, 18:06

We're all entitled to our attitudes - you have yours, I have mine.

Maybe if you're ever unlucky enough to lose someone you love to a road accident caused by driver breaking the speed limit then you'll change your attitude. And maybe your mind will be broadened by the experience.

Laws are there for a reason. Pointing out that someone is breaking the law is not "moanin", it's good citizenship. rfr10 has done loads more for our community than many other orgers 3 times his age. He's a good guy - young, inexperienced, but a thoroughly good citizen.

I don't know you. Maybe you are too, but it doesn't feel like it from here.:roll:

Blast!
24-May-09, 20:14
this thread is pure gold

barmar62
24-May-09, 21:19
I learnt to drive in Southampton, that's a big city with lots of lanes, roundabouts and complicated junctions, and oh yes lots of police patrols, and no I have never been lifted.
When I moved to Caithness 12 years ago I couldn't believe the way people drive in Wick and Thurso and the fact the police do nothing.
Well I thought if you can't beat them you might aswell join them so yes I'll admit to intimidating other drivers when they tootle about at 20mph, beep loudly at people who just stop their cars ( this passes as parking) and drive at whatever speed I like, after all the police won't do anything about it.
So yes I'll give you a race.

barmar62
24-May-09, 21:23
Forgot to ask, would you like my air horns Budge99 to go with your loud exhaust ?

Rie
25-May-09, 09:41
I feel a wee bit bad here , i didnt start this thread to have a go at the sensible people with extreamly nice cars that have spent a lot of time and money on engines and body work , but for the numpties that after not long passing there tests think they are "IT" in a car with no thought for any one else pure and simple dangerous driving!!!!
To be honest i would happily (if i could afford it) cruise round all day in a Evo, and make it the best i could,
Think people will find that the people that do spend time and hard erned money on there cars are actually some of the nicest people around and while may be guilty of driving a bit too fast, dont take risks and certainly do not drive dangerously and have more respect for other road users and them selves and the car!! rather than the "want to be's"

Tubthumper
25-May-09, 09:55
Drove from Wick to Thurso yesterday behind a blue N-reg Toyota with a great big dog wandering about in the back, doing 50 on straights, down to 30 whenever there was a bend. This was all without a sign of a brake light. Then when we hit Bower (40mph limit) guess what? Kept on at 50 as it's a straight.
When I finally managed to pass, in the front were two elderly ladies, gassing away and paying no attention to anything.
Are they more or less dangerous than our brain-dead racers lying down in their crappy saxos, in beanie hats?

By the way, the idiots in beanie hats are not all 'boy' racers - I know of one who's nearly 30, and likes to cruise up by the High School at lunch-times, and has nearly pranged a few times when leering at the passing girlies.
Is it just me or is that a bit 'wrong'?

upolian
25-May-09, 16:41
attitudes are expected to be like this if im honest,what would you rather..getting drunk causin trouble and gettin thrown in jail?or happy toodlin along the streets round n round in circles,its the odd fool that spoils it by driving like as nutcase which tars every young lad with the same brush! we arent all the same!

as for the idiot leaving a commment about wanting to race a blue saxo vts,its french itl fall apart or the head gasket will blow before he gets a chance to reach over the legal speed limit :lol::lol:

upolian
25-May-09, 16:43
Drove from Wick to Thurso yesterday behind a blue N-reg Toyota with a great big dog wandering about in the back, doing 50 on straights, down to 30 whenever there was a bend. This was all without a sign of a brake light. Then when we hit Bower (40mph limit) guess what? Kept on at 50 as it's a straight.
When I finally managed to pass, in the front were two elderly ladies, gassing away and paying no attention to anything.
Are they more or less dangerous than our brain-dead racers lying down in their crappy saxos, in beanie hats?

By the way, the idiots in beanie hats are not all 'boy' racers - I know of one who's nearly 30, and likes to cruise up by the High School at lunch-times, and has nearly pranged a few times when leering at the passing girlies.
Is it just me or is that a bit 'wrong'?

theres no age limit on wearing a beenie hat :lol:
leerin at young girls is wrong if hes 30odd,i know who your actually speaking about,bit sad really...

upolian
25-May-09, 16:47
I feel a wee bit bad here , i didnt start this thread to have a go at the sensible people with extreamly nice cars that have spent a lot of time and money on engines and body work , but for the numpties that after not long passing there tests think they are "IT" in a car with no thought for any one else pure and simple dangerous driving!!!!
To be honest i would happily (if i could afford it) cruise round all day in a Evo, and make it the best i could,
Think people will find that the people that do spend time and hard erned money on there cars are actually some of the nicest people around and while may be guilty of driving a bit too fast, dont take risks and certainly do not drive dangerously and have more respect for other road users and them selves and the car!! rather than the "want to be's"

yeh your rite,you can tell who the idiots are by looking at there cars! me for 1 i prefer to drive slow as i valet my own car id rather people looked at the car for the reason being my cars had alot of attention to detail cleaning it.....6inch exhaust pipes and loud music are for the lower esteemed boyracer who needs to get attention from people,sad!!! give me a stripped out mk1 escort any day :D

oldmarine
26-May-09, 07:16
You have the right and the responsibility to report these type of drivers.

annthracks
26-May-09, 12:13
theres no age limit on wearing a beenie hat :lol:
leerin at young girls is wrong if hes 30odd,i know who your actually speaking about,bit sad really...

If either of you do know him then you have the right and the responsibility to report the middle-aged paedo!

Me and Them
26-May-09, 13:43
yeh your rite,you can tell who the idiots are by looking at there cars! me for 1 i prefer to drive slow as i valet my own car id rather people looked at the car for the reason being my cars had alot of attention to detail cleaning it.....6inch exhaust pipes and loud music are for the lower esteemed boyracer who needs to get attention from people,sad!!! give me a stripped out mk1 escort any day :D

everyone on this knows who you are and knows that u dont have a licence nor a car! so if you can lie about that what else are u going to lie about? my opinion is the worst hazard on the road is those bloody sunday drivers driving along in the countryside at 40mph paying more attention to the cows in the field rather than the road!!!!!!!!!

Gene Hunt
26-May-09, 14:09

Do you have a bright orange girlfriend, a big gold necklace and really want to be 50 Cent as well ??, why on earth are you so proud of having a "Saxo with a really loud exhaust" is it because secretly you think all the girls like a big exhaust ?? .. they dont. They more than likely go for men who have a mental age larger than their shoe size and who wont make them intimate with the tarmac when they over estimate their driving talent in their glorified french shopping trolley. The only bonus to fitting twin exhaust pipes to a Saxo is that if it has a sunroof you can use it as a wheelbarrow.

My town has its fair proportion of Saxo/Fiesta/206 drivers who think they are sonehow cool either driving round and round endlessly or everywhere at breakneck speed. I am regularly dared to race by the evening "chavalanche" of brain donor Citroen Saxo drivers who, for some unknown reason think they can outrun an Audi S4. Miss Daisy could outrun a Saxo in my car in the first couple of gears so why do they bother ??, I just love pulling alongside them when they are showing off, signal them to wind their window down, and then say, with a look of disgust on my face, "Come on lad, you can do better than THAT surely ??"

weeboyagee
26-May-09, 18:15
.....for some unknown reason think they can outrun an Audi S4

Itching to get involved in this thread but thinking the better of it.......

WBG :cool:

joxville
26-May-09, 18:35
Do you have a bright orange girlfriend, a big gold necklace and really want to be 50 Cent as well ??, why on earth are you so proud of having a "Saxo with a really loud exhaust" is it because secretly you think all the girls like a big exhaust ?? .. they dont. They more than likely go for men who have a mental age larger than their shoe size and who wont make them intimate with the tarmac when they over estimate their driving talent in their glorified french shopping trolley. The only bonus to fitting twin exhaust pipes to a Saxo is that if it has a sunroof you can use it as a wheelbarrow.

My town has its fair proportion of Saxo/Fiesta/206 drivers who think they are sonehow cool either driving round and round endlessly or everywhere at breakneck speed. I am regularly dared to race by the evening "chavalanche" of brain donor Citroen Saxo drivers who, for some unknown reason think they can outrun an Audi S4. Miss Daisy could outrun a Saxo in my car in the first couple of gears so why do they bother ??, I just love pulling alongside them when they are showing off, signal them to wind their window down, and then say, with a look of disgust on my face, "Come on lad, you can do better than THAT surely ??"

This remind me of something which happened to me a couple of years ago when I owned a V8 Jaguar. I was just finishing filling my car with petrol when a Saxo pulls in, lowered, body kit, neons, big bore exhaust...you get the idea, anyway, the driver has the nozzle back on the pump before I've crossed the forecourt to pay for my petrol-all he put in was 5 quids worth!! He's spent so much money on the car he can't afford to run it. I drive off and get caught further along the road at traffic lights, said Saxo pulls alongside, the driver giving me a dirty look as he revs his engine-unfortunately I was too quick pulling away on green to hear what he thought of me. [lol]

upolian
26-May-09, 18:40
everyone on this knows who you are and knows that u dont have a licence nor a car! so if you can lie about that what else are u going to lie about? my opinion is the worst hazard on the road is those bloody sunday drivers driving along in the countryside at 40mph paying more attention to the cows in the field rather than the road!!!!!!!!!

ehhhhh i think ull find i own a corsa thank you:) as for the license are you keeping tabs on me?bit of an idiot comment when you clearly duno me at all,feel free to private message and discuss it further

upolian
26-May-09, 18:47
this is where the keyboard warrior people come and play :roll:
my business isnt relevant to this forum,calling me a lier when you know nothing :lol: whatever next :lol:

tootler
26-May-09, 19:33
The only bonus to fitting twin exhaust pipes to a Saxo is that if it has a sunroof you can use it as a wheelbarrow.
:lol::lol::lol:

barmar62
26-May-09, 20:18
Its a shame you think the police will intervene if you report things.
Hi to the coppers who tailed me yesterday afternoon 3.30ish on the Thurso to Halkirk road, Did you have a sneeking suspision that I was speeding and not wearing a seatbelt ?? !!

DeHaviLand
26-May-09, 20:45
Hi to the coppers who tailed me yesterday afternoon 3.30ish on the Thurso to Halkirk road, Did you have a sneeking suspision that I was speeding and not wearing a seatbelt ?? !!

You seem to have something personal against Caithness' finest. Think you need a large dose of growing up.:roll:

barmar62
26-May-09, 21:31
I used to respect "caithness's" finest and really believed that if I was ever in any danger they would help, unfortunatly I had cause to call on them a few years back, I can honestly say it was the worst thing I ever did !
So no I don't need to grow up I'm just speaking from experience.

hotrod4
27-May-09, 06:42
Itching to get involved in this thread but thinking the better of it.......

Go on you know you want to!!!!!![lol]

Just to get you started WBG my Turbo charged,super chipped,Methane fuelled Vauxhall vectra would beat your car anyday!!!;)

barmar62
27-May-09, 09:40
Hi Budge999 I'll be in town around lunch time today !!!!

weeboyagee
27-May-09, 11:25
Go on you know you want to!!!!!![lol]

Just to get you started WBG my Turbo charged,super chipped,Methane fuelled Vauxhall vectra would beat your car anyday!!!

..... a good polish and I'm sooooooo itching to spin around Thurso this weekend - but it's the age thing - still thinking the better of it,.... but I'd show my true colours methinks - and I'd get a telling off! ........ methane?....... now that has me thinking ;)

Mik.M.
27-May-09, 15:20
Hi Budge999 I'll be in town around lunch time today !!!!
No doubt cruising up and down outside the High School.:lol:

Gene Hunt
27-May-09, 17:03
No doubt cruising up and down outside the High School.:lol:

Thats just creepy. Although there are there are the odd (pun intended) twenty somethings who cruise up and down outside my daughters school. I have picked my daughters up a few times and spotted them. Blue Ford Ka with big red "Sabelt" seatbelt covers on it, a big set of alloys and a bodykit that looks, as Jeremy Clarkson has said in the past, that looks like it drove through a Halfords front window covered in glue. Ka's are nippy little things but you cant polish a poo can you ??

bish667
27-May-09, 17:51
Blue Ford Ka with big red "Sabelt" seatbelt covers on it, a big set of alloys and a bodykit that looks, as Jeremy Clarkson has said in the past, that looks like it drove through a Halfords front window covered in glue. Ka's are nippy little things but you cant polish a poo can you ??

I think he's proven that you can polish a poo as thats what he's done :lol:
Also i wouldnt call a Ka nippy :lol:

Me and Them
27-May-09, 19:28
You seem to have something personal against Caithness' finest. Think you need a large dose of growing up.:roll:

WRONG!!!!!!
"caithness finest" would much rather pull over a young driver in a car for having tinted windows or a loud exhaust and keep them in the back of the car 4 half an hour to justify there days work.they have much better things to do but its easier to pick on drivers doing no harm!no respect for them what so ever!

barmar62
27-May-09, 20:28
I'm with you, (Me and You) respect has to be earned. And yes I was cruising outside the High school/college today, no sign of Budge999 though.

northener
27-May-09, 20:46
Shagged Saxos? Clapped out Corsas? Loud exhausts coupled up to asthmatic engines? A face full of acne peering over the dash and steering wheel like a midget in a ditch?

Get a grip yer useless jessies.

Real men ride bikes.......out on some of the best roads in Britain. Not ponsing about doing the roundy roundy thang trying to impress witless fourteen year old girls.

See you on the road, ......uh, no I won't...unless I look very hard in me mirrors.[lol]

3of8
28-May-09, 00:11

What are you saying? They should have travelled down another road from Thurso to Halkirk cos you happened to be there? Which road could they have taken then just to avoid you out of the vast number of roads (not) that are between Thurso and Halkirk? Aren't you being just a teensy weensy bit paranoid?

upolian
28-May-09, 17:31
Shagged Saxos? Clapped out Corsas? Loud exhausts coupled up to asthmatic engines? A face full of acne peering over the dash and steering wheel like a midget in a ditch?

Real men ride bikes.......out on some of the best roads in Britain. Not ponsing about doing the roundy roundy thang trying to impress witless fourteen year old girls.

See you on the road, ......uh, no I won't...unless I look very hard in me mirrors.[lol]

this is what i mean 'tar'd' with the same brush,i have a corsa,its not clapped out,i dont put my seat rite back to look cool,i havnt got acne,as for the asthmatic engine:lol:

barmar62
28-May-09, 19:51
I'll be cruising around Wick at lunch time tomorrow anyone want to join me, loud exhausts, air horns and the like all welcome,
One thing we can be sure of is that there won't be a policeman anywhere in sight,

upolian
28-May-09, 20:05
car you got barmar?

barmar62
29-May-09, 09:42
Its a Robyn Reliant ! ( Only kidding ) :)

budge999
29-May-09, 14:10
BarMar62.. Thurso The Moro For A Rapid Race Down The Street ..

On The Pavements To Overtake ,The Lot!!

Rolling Start At The HighSchool At 80MPH.

First One To The Bottom = Winner ..

:D

barmar62
31-May-09, 19:36
Sorry, missed your challenge Budge999! Was in Wick winding up traffic wardens, a bit tame!:(
What about this weekend, round st johns square a few times, squeeling tyers etc? Anyone else want to join us ?:)

ŠAmethyst
31-May-09, 22:11
Its a Robyn Reliant ! ( Only kidding ) :)

You sure? Thought I saw one cruising in Thurso last night! Haha!

I lost track of some of the posts after page 3. Anyway, I do hope that blue pug was reported. I now live in Ross-Shire where far too often the roads are closed due to RTA's.

I took lessons for over a year and still can't sit my test. I don't feel safe on the road, there are too many idiots out there. I was almost in a head on with a red MG. It was overtaking an artic on a bend on the A9. First driving lesson and my instructor didn't tell me to slow down - but if I hadn't, there would have been a crash. It's scary out there!

There are more sensible people than idiots, but it only takes one mistake doesn't it?

Lad that lives across the road from me used to drive his car in the evenings like a fool before he passed his test. The day after he passed, the car is written off. It was in a bad way and he was lucky to have survived without a scratch. He's not learnt though. Couple of months down the line and his 2nd car isn't damaged yet but with the way he drives around it won't last long.

I don't want to see pictures of anymore RTA victims in the papers.

Maybe I should just go back to my own, happy little world and not come out.

butterfly
01-Jun-09, 00:10
[quote=northener;553960]Shagged Saxos? Clapped out Corsas? Loud exhausts coupled up to asthmatic engines? A face full of acne peering over the dash and steering wheel like a midget in a ditch?

Lol,you are right there! Very descriptive post too.

oldmarine
01-Jun-09, 18:49

It appears that you addressed your message to me. Frankly, I don't know you nor do I care to know you. Looks like you have no respect for the officials who try to protect you. [evil][evil][evil]

barmar62
01-Jun-09, 20:24
Like I said before I have good reason (and experience) not to respect authority, and as for police and "protection" you have obviously never needed their help.[evil][evil][evil]
Now back to the important stuff, I thought pavements where there for overtaking/parking on.etc, its a shame the people get in the way.
I'll be in Thurso, squeeling my tyres, cruising past the high school, if anyone wants to join me around lunch time tomorrow??

Tubthumper
01-Jun-09, 21:37
Chube. Or is it tyoub? I'm never sure

butterfly
01-Jun-09, 22:18
As my old dad used to say... "Any fool can drive fast but it's often the stopping that matters!"

Aye and it's the stopping that will get them in the end lol.Pavement pizza springs to mind or some innocent victim that will end up paying for their stupid showing off.

Miss Mack
03-Jun-09, 20:19

That was funny:lol:

lister
03-Jun-09, 21:10
Like I said before I have good reason (and experience) not to respect authority, and as for police and "protection" you have obviously never needed their help.
Now back to the important stuff, I thought pavements where there for overtaking/parking on.etc, its a shame the people get in the way.
I'll be in Thurso, squeeling my tyres, cruising past the high school, if anyone wants to join me around lunch time tomorrow??

How utterly childish and irresponsible of you to put others at risk especially children outside schools with your macho antics.
Have you read the Courier today big man that you are.
You're post mentioned squeeling tyres but I'll bet its you that will squealing if you knock a child or pedestrian over and have to face the consequences.
Hope you loose your licence and the roads then may be safer.[disgust]

greenasiamcabbagelooking
04-Jun-09, 00:13
cruising past the high school

why would you be cruising past the high school ? :confused

unless it's the teachers your trying to impress, it's mostly occupied by children .... man enough to squeal your tyres, but not enough to pull someone your own age ?!

i can feel my little pinkie twitching :lol:

joxville
04-Jun-09, 00:41
i can feel my little pinkie twitching

Are you feeling generous for a change? [lol]

bish667
04-Jun-09, 09:50
How utterly childish and irresponsible of you to put others at risk especially children outside schools with your macho antics.
Have you read the Courier today big man that you are.
You're post mentioned squeeling tyres but I'll bet its you that will squealing if you knock a child or pedestrian over and have to face the consequences.
Hope you loose your licence and the roads then may be safer.[disgust]

I dont think he was being serious about driving on the pavements or am i missing something :confused

man enough to squeal your tyres, but not enough to pull someone your own age ?!

you dont have to be man enough to squeal tyres, a 5 year old could make tyres spin on a car if he was allowed behind a wheel of a car.
Which is why its very immature to do, hence why cruising past a SCHOOL :lol:

buddyrich
04-Jun-09, 13:37
I think they should close the causewaymire one saturday every year and do speed trials on it. See how fast you can driver from georgemas to latheron. That would be textbook.

upolian
04-Jun-09, 14:10
lol@ this thread

bish667
04-Jun-09, 15:13
lol@ this thread

yea its a classic :lol:

Time trials on the causewaymire would be fun, dont think it would be allowed tho :lol:

barmar62
04-Jun-09, 21:02
CLICK-CLICK CLICK-CLICK CLICK-CLICK BOING !!!!!!!

If you where wondering, thats the sound of me winding you up, I did enjoy myself - well thers not much on telly these days, :)

joxville
04-Jun-09, 22:08
CLICK-CLICK CLICK-CLICK CLICK-CLICK BOING !!!!!!!

If you where wondering, thats the sound of me winding you up, I did enjoy myself - well thers not much on telly these days, :)

Sheesh!! And there was me thinking ye were being serious! :roll: :D

Tubthumper
05-Jun-09, 12:55
Around and round the town they go
Then rapid High School trip
A beanie hat upon their head
Blank eyes and drooping lip

The car is small, exhausts are large
The paintwork is so shiny
Suspension dropped extremely low
Their parts are very tiny

The driver’s seat is tilted back
So he can’t see o’er wheel
Or maybe dwarf is driving and
He has in front to kneel

There’s never any smiling there
A serious business this
They get wound up so easy when
Us adults take the pass

And yet there’s older ones involved
The school they like to visit
At mini-skirts they twist their necks
Now is that wrong? Well, is it?

Mik.M.
05-Jun-09, 16:17
Good one Tubthumper. It`s so true.:lol:

Eagleclaw68
05-Jun-09, 18:04
A lot of drivers in Caithness don't give a crap about any road users all they are interested in is getting to the desertion in the fastest time. It doesn't enter their heads that they might lose control of their vehicle and injure or even kill a fellow road user, many of the younger motorist take the piss out walkers, cyclists. I think the Police should have a lot more unmarked Police vehicle patrolling Caithness especially that Thurso and Castletown road between 07:15-08:00am and 16:30-17:15pm its like running gauntlet for any safe law abiding road user.

Tubthumper
05-Jun-09, 22:42
Hmmm......

Aaldtimer
06-Jun-09, 02:52
Hmmm......

Is this what you are Hmmming about? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8085753.stm

young_fishin_neep
06-Jun-09, 13:10
I think they should close the causewaymire one saturday every year and do speed trials on it. See how fast you can driver from georgemas to latheron. That would be textbook.

im up for that one!

xx

Tugmistress
06-Jun-09, 13:14

haha you get it sorted out and arranged, make a class for 4 x4's and i'll give it a whirl lol

honey
06-Jun-09, 13:43
its not only the "boy racers" that speed dangerously, I used to live in springpark terrrace where one resident was very guilty of speeding up the terrace, which goes right past a swing park. My Mam always worried about a bairn being hit.

starry
06-Jun-09, 13:50
Am I the only person who thinks laughing and joking about speeding cars is a bit distasteful given the story aaldtimers links to ?

A wee bit respect goes a long way.

honey
06-Jun-09, 13:57
Am I the only person who thinks laughing and joking about speeding cars is a bit distasteful given the story aaldtimers links to ?

A wee bit respect goes a long way.

i missed that post, but have seen others were mebers have talked about lost family, so yes, i think its distasteful, even if meant in jest

young_fishin_neep
06-Jun-09, 15:33
well ive lost friends through car accidents and i still manage to get involved with the fun.

agreed respect goes along way but we cant all be serious alll of the time!

honey
06-Jun-09, 15:36
well ive lost friends through car accidents and i still manage to get involved with the fun.

agreed respect goes along way but we cant all be serious alll of the time!

it might be better to keep the "fun" out of a "serious" thread though. especially this type of thread..

Tugmistress
06-Jun-09, 15:41
Honey & Starry,
the idea of controlled time trials is better than the general dangerous speeding on normal roads in normal circumstamces, i don't agree with idiotic speeding at the best of times, but i am no angel and have caught myself speeding on occassion.
i too have lost friends to speeding on roads, in fatal RTA's, it is something that i have the utmost respect for (cars and the speed and other drivers and how much of a killing machine the CAN be in the wrong circumstance etc)

threads are like normal conversations, they will provoke all sorts of replies and responses, you ever have a conversation with someone where you have not changed subject slightly or gone off on a tangent?

starry
06-Jun-09, 16:02
I am not looking to argue with anyone.

I just find it strange that there is a link to a news story where a 15 year old lost her life due to excessive speed and people continue to joke.

I find it a bit odd but each to their own.

rs 2k
06-Jun-09, 18:25

I noticed today that the said car is on the golden mile for sale

Watch out for his new car [lol] folks

My son is 1 of the 1's on the moped's and he hassles him to death, i have told him to report him, but he thinks he will be a grass, but i told him it is for his own safety [mad] he could do some serious damage

stiggy
06-Jun-09, 19:14
I am not looking to argue with anyone.

I just find it strange that there is a link to a news story where a 15 year old lost her life due to excessive speed and people continue to joke.

I find it a bit odd but each to their own.

Like you Starry I find this very Odd

Also i'm sure her parents don't need to hear this.

R.I.P Abigail sweetheart

percy toboggan
07-Jun-09, 18:00
Roads are not dangeorus if treated with the respect they deserve.
I'm talking about metalled - surfaced roads in Britain.

To decribe the A82 Loch Lomonside road as 'dangeorus' is wildly overstating the case and anyone doing so needs to get out and about more. It is perfectly adequate if the rules of the road are obeyed - ie. drive at a speed from which you can stop in the distance you can see to be clear.

Try the Bealach-na-ba up to Applecross for danger - but even there it's all relative. Take your time and anticipate & you'll be fine if you've a dextrous gear shift.

I skimmed the boy racer related input here - worrying - they need to grow up - fast. or they won't get the chance to.

littlemisssunshine
07-Jun-09, 22:30
I really dont think you can sit and criticise the parent's either yes perhaps they shouldnt have bought a fast car however it was the son driving it and I don't think it would help the family if you are sitting saying things on here about it being the fathers fault

pink25
08-Jun-09, 18:02
The V reg car the original post refers too....I have also seen this car being driven carelessly :roll:
Although have seen for sale signs in it now - as someone mentioned above...sure it won't take long to recognise him in his new car :eek:

Tubthumper
08-Jun-09, 22:43
In this forum we can rip the reputations out of the McCanns, comment on the rights and wrongs of windfarms and get really excited about the BNP winning in the elections. The rights of individuals accused elsewhere in the world gets us pretty steamed up, but a thread about crap driving by clowns in OUR county, resulting in the death of OUR children continues to get lighthearted posts about the merits of fast driving.
On the night the accident happened, I posted a message of sympathy to all concerned, which was promptly removed.
Am I missing something?

Fri_13
01-Sep-09, 20:24
and the driver of SK54 R-H can watch how he overtakes people as well

Maybe he never meant to lol..

dragonfly
01-Sep-09, 20:51
there's some idiotic woman who drives a dark blue volvo estate up the A9 whilst clinging to your bumper! She was right up my daughters backside to the point I had to turn round and put my hand up to show her to get back, it wasn't as if she couldn't have seen the L plates on the car and when we were heading south on Friday she was at Ousdale right on the tail of some other driver - just wish I had taken her number plate and reported her as she's such a danger on the road. This fool definately ignores the 2 second rule

Vistravi
01-Sep-09, 22:14
there's some idiotic woman who drives a dark blue volvo estate up the A9 whilst clinging to your bumper! She was right up my daughters backside to the point I had to turn round and put my hand up to show her to get back, it wasn't as if she couldn't have seen the L plates on the car and when we were heading south on Friday she was at Ousdale right on the tail of some other driver - just wish I had taken her number plate and reported her as she's such a danger on the road. This fool definately ignores the 2 second rule

As i found out a few weeks ago when i reported a driver for not havign their young child strapped in while driving at about 60 to 70 mph mph there is nothing that the police will do. They have to catch the driver in the act. Honestly really doesn't make you feel safe and protected[disgust]

David Banks
02-Sep-09, 01:07
Have to agree i've seen mysel coming off roundabouts or out junctions and someone being a safe distance away and them either tooting for no serious matter or infact about an hour ago someone in some ugly silver citroen c4 sitting on my bumper and swerving all over the road so i just slowed down to piss him off.. best cure for road rage lol.

I don't give the jerks the satisfaction of having me 'take revenge.'
Just pull over and let them pass - lose a couple of minutes and arrive safe.

Leanne
02-Sep-09, 11:00
Just because someone has lots of experience driving does not necessarily make them a better driver.

I think you will find the insurance companies disagree - no claims bonus...

They are doing 60 coming from Halkirk whilst still in the 30 zone. Sitting ducks if the police can lie await for a few hours in the evening.

I'd say the bairns crossing the road are the sitting ducks :(

As i found out a few weeks ago when i reported a driver for not havign their young child strapped in while driving at about 60 to 70 mph mph there is nothing that the police will do. They have to catch the driver in the act. Honestly really doesn't make you feel safe and protected

Ah but once the police have the registration number on their database the driver will find themselves getting stopped for all sorts of things. If someone has reported a car for dangerous driving in the past the police are far less likely to let them off with misdemeanors in the furture. They may find themselves with a speeding ticket for going even 1mph over the speed limit...

The drivers I dont like are the ones that do 50 regardsless of the roads. They do 50 along the straights, get upset when I overtake (at 60) then sit up my ass when we hit the 30 in town. One person even overtook me in Wick because I was doing 30 - yet they were doing 50 on a 60 road earlier. I don't get it.

One last thing about karma. We were broken down at the side of the road yesterday. A horsebox being towed by a 4x4 with 2 cars stopped behind helping. We had hazards on and had put a cone behind the cars a little way behind. We felt awkward and were thanking people for being patient with us. The police turned up as someone had reported "an accident" and no sooner had we corrected him and he went on his way than a car overtook all 4 vehicles into the path of an oncoming waggon!!!! The police car flashed its lights and the driver got a ticket (or a ticking off) NICE!

Edit - I used to have a souped up old seat leon cupra r. I sold it and bought a brand new convertible mg. I used to do the cruise scene but one day it suddenly dawned on me - all these people spending fortunes on cars and doing them up but at the end of the day they are still a rubbish car... I decided to stop wasting my money and buy a decent car. Some may not agree that an MG sports car is decent but IMHO i'd rather spend my money on that than driving a Tui all kitted out with hte badge removed trying to desguise the fact that is is still a pap car ;)

Edit 2 - I sold my MG when a neighbour who drove an mg went under an artic lorry and got decapitated - I drive a landrover now. It's "non-standard" though...

catran
02-Sep-09, 21:08
what about all the people on prescibed drugs such as sleeping tablets, valium, diazepam and all the rest, surely they must be a danger on the roads, perhaps more so than most.

northener
02-Sep-09, 21:12
what about all the people on prescibed drugs such as sleeping tablets, valium, diazepam and all the rest, surely they must be a danger on the roads, perhaps more so than most.

And virtually impossible to catch until the damage has already been done.....