PDA

View Full Version : A Good Question !

Alice in Blunderland
18-May-09, 21:32
Why cant a woman succeed like a man ? :eek:

Anyone got any thoughts on this one ? :Razz

Or do you think women can be as succesfull as men ? :)

*Martin*
18-May-09, 21:34
They just aint built for success I'm afraid to say!

TRUCKER
18-May-09, 21:42
Anybody can be sucessful man or women you have just got to want it enough

joxville
18-May-09, 21:43
Cos they are crap drivers-on the road and the golf course. ;)

celtic lass
18-May-09, 21:44
They just aint built for success I'm afraid to say!
oh dear women are built for success.we can multi task well men do one job at a time and that's why they always finish the job but us women are jack of all trades and master of many

*Martin*
18-May-09, 21:48
I can multi task!

I can drop a number 2 while brushing my teeth! The only time it get's slightly complicated is when I'm needing to wipe

celtic lass
18-May-09, 21:52
I can multi task!

I can drop a number 2 while brushing my teeth! The only time it get's slightly complicated is when I'm needing to wipe
dare i say it I REST MY CASE youre doing all that sitting on your rear end god women are the best thing since sliced bread

*Martin*
18-May-09, 22:05
Silly woman, what makes you think I sit to drop a 2??? (It's the perfect time for me to work on my squat thrusts)

A man would never have been so presumptuous. Don't worry though, it's not your fault! It's just the way you lot were designed ;)

celtic lass
18-May-09, 22:14
Silly woman, what makes you think I sit to drop a 2??? (It's the perfect time for me to work on my squat thrusts)

A man would never have been so presumptuous. Don't worry though, it's not your fault! It's just the way you lot were designed ;)
oh dear oh dear well i just cant answer that one hope youve got plenty toilet roll in if not somerfield has it on offer ha ha

Invisible
18-May-09, 22:32
Why cant a woman succeed like a man ?

Anyone got any thoughts on this one ?

Or do you think women can be as succesfull as men ? :)

take it you were watching bbc2 tonight, i thought the program to be interesting, however i dont agree that the women should stay at home and do the housework.

Women could be as sucessful as men if they spent less time getting ready in the mornings lol :Razz
Its just a confidence thing i think, there is no reason why women cant succeed like men. thats my opinion of course

Invisible
18-May-09, 22:36
oh dear women are built for success.we can multi task well men do one job at a time and that's why they always finish the job but us women are jack of all trades and master of many

:mad:that is such a sexist stereotype, and such a incorrect steroetype.

*Martin*
18-May-09, 22:38

pssssst I think it was a joke

Rheghead
18-May-09, 23:49
Why cant a woman succeed like a man ?

You mean like Margaret Thatcher? She achieved the highest of political office and you women are still moaning about being under represented. We gave you an opportunity to make great inroads for reform and you fluffed it 'big style'. We expected better, we even gave you 2 chances to get better!!

If she'd done a decent job then Women's politics wouldn't have been set back 50 years.

:p:p

Bazeye
18-May-09, 23:58
You know the saying, "A womans work is never done", thats why men get paid more.:D

Kevin Milkins
19-May-09, 00:02
It depends how you quantify success.

Mrs M is very successful, as she married the best bloke in the world and have managed to look after him well for 36 years.;)

teenybash
19-May-09, 00:15
The answer is simple, because she is a woman..............Now here's the interesting bit.
Long, long years ago men saw that the female sex was strong in mind and heart, energetic and capable of doing many tasks at the same time. She was opinionated and her opinions made sense...she could bear children and rear them over and above and still she was able to function 100%.
Men then realised he could use these intelligent women, who seemed capable far beyong he was and he set about taking away their natural powers. Through civilization men set themselves into positions of power and sometimes even glory but, could he have acheived this without the aid of women......women who birthed him, nurtured him, fed and cleaned him, guided him through his infancy to adulthood.
To this day we live in a world that leans towards men being able to succeed where women find it difficult...not because they cannot but because it is still men who make the rules under which they live and hold control. However, the world changes and women are now begining to feel empowered once again and realise men without women are nothing.....So guys...watch your back, your days are numbered.

Maybe the heading should have read...'Why can't a woman succeed like a man.....yet?'

Rheghead
19-May-09, 00:26
Maybe the heading should have read...'Why can't a woman succeed like a man.....yet?'

In my immediate experience, women do succeed better than men. They get first choice of custody of kids etc irrespective of evidence on the ground. They are rewarded with earlier pension rights despite being fitter and living longer and being a greater drain on the State. I had to fore-go promotion because a female fitter made the claim that she needed that marker-off job more than me because normal fitting broke her nails.

wifie
19-May-09, 01:15
You mean like Margaret Thatcher? She achieved the highest of political office and you women are still moaning about being under represented. We gave you an opportunity to make great inroads for reform and you fluffed it 'big style'. We expected better, we even gave you 2 chances to get better!!

If she'd done a decent job then Women's politics wouldn't have been set back 50 years.

:p:p

Lookin at politics today Rheggers I wouldn't call doin that bein successful! :eek:

Wellies
19-May-09, 08:26
In the job I have got I think men and women are equally successful. Bloomin hard work and not much reward monetery wise but we both can do the job.

celtic lass
19-May-09, 09:17
this was a joke,a haremless bit of banter between myself and another person you've got to have a laugh every now and again.Laugh and the world laughs with you,not at you.

Alice in Blunderland
19-May-09, 10:34
Lookin at politics today Rheggers I wouldn't call doin that bein successful! :eek:

Yeh, for instance........... our Betty sure ruled them better than the current speaker when she called for order there was order. ;)

katarina
19-May-09, 10:58
How many successful men would there be if they didn't have a woman behind them?

joxville
19-May-09, 11:58
A hell o' a lot mair cos ye widnae hev a greetin' harpie standin' a'hind ye sayin "ye canny dae that"! :roll:

scorrie
19-May-09, 13:01

Elton John has done well for himself and it seems to have been mostly men who were behind him.

Pastychomper
19-May-09, 13:23
...Men then realised he could use these intelligent women, who seemed capable far beyong he was and he set about taking away their natural powers. Through civilization men set themselves into positions of power and sometimes even glory ...

I always thought civilisation was invented by women. Do you really think it was a man that first said, "I'm tired of this draughty cave. Let's move into a nice, warm hut?" It may have been the man that built the hut*, but left to himself he'd never have bothered. He'd have got used to the draughts, stayed in his cave and put his energy into something more fun - like inventing the TV.

*Because men usually end up doing the dirty work for women. Which is why the men appear successful in their high-paid jobs, while the women quietly get on with their lives and spend the money. [lol]

Invisible
19-May-09, 13:39
this was a joke,a haremless bit of banter between myself and another person you've got to have a laugh every now and again.Laugh and the world laughs with you,not at you.

Ah i see DOH!

Alice in Blunderland
19-May-09, 14:10
Ah i see DOH!

Geez typical man mouth in action ( fingers ) before brain in gear................. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gene Hunt
19-May-09, 14:49
Women are just as capable as men of succeding, I am lucky enough to supervise a mixed team and they are all talented and capable. I dont care what gender someone is as long as they can do the job.

As for the fact that women can multi task and men cant. Utter rubbish. Air Traffic Control is multi tasking and men and women are just as capable as each other in my view. It is all down to the individual. I have men that are better than women and at it and women that are better than men at focussing on an individual task. Vice versa applies here too.

Now for the bad bit ladies. As I said earlier I see men and women as equal in my job. Women however are by far the quicker to claim victimisation, harrassment, sexism etc etc whenever things dont go their way. I have had women blatantly screw the pooch and then try to whine out of it instead of admitting it and moving on. Men do it too, but far, far less. I think that women want to be treated like men until they are, then they complain that they are treated like men !!, Us men like to see someone get their head down and backside up and just get on with it when faced with adversity. We dont like crying and whining that it just isnt fair.

Oh, and you cant have a full career and a family unless you are willing to make sacrifices. Us men have been doing that for decades. I missed out on a lot of time with my family by trying to secure their future. You are no different, why should you be ?? .. Equality sucks right ??

joxville
19-May-09, 15:06
Watch this video (http://www.snotr.com/video/2662) then you'll understand why women aren't as successful as men, some things are just to complex for the (that's not) 'fair sex' to grasp. :roll:

And this (http://www.snotr.com/video/2658) one is even better. [lol]

Leanne
19-May-09, 17:36
Women often don't succeed as they don't have the strength to ask for (demand) the man to take an equal share of household tasks. Women who do suceed often do not have children/partners and the responsibility that comes with them. As there are more and more one parent families women suceed even less. If they left their husbands with their children to raise (as many, but no all of men do) their career odds would be better. But then who would be that heartless...?

gleeber
19-May-09, 17:48
I believe that when men and women are stripped to the bone, apart from the physical differences, there are no differences. :eek:
Anything that stops a women being whatever she wants to be is learnt and not natural. The idea that woman is a weaker sex probably evolves from the worlds religions where the woman is usually subserviant to men.

katarina
19-May-09, 18:56
I believe that when men and women are stripped to the bone, apart from the physical differences, there are no differences. :eek:
Anything that stops a women being whatever she wants to be is learnt and not natural. The idea that woman is a weaker sex probably evolves from the worlds religions where the woman is usually subserviant to men.

Women are only weaker physically. Emotionally they are stronger - so I've found.

scorrie
19-May-09, 22:34
I believe that when men and women are stripped to the bone, apart from the physical differences, there are no differences.

I can't agree with that. Women are more instinctively inclined to desire children and to wish to nurture them. Men have tended to be the ones who hunt and kill. There are exceptions of course but, in general I would find it hard to imagine all women in the trenches in World War I, killing other women and watching their fellow women soldiers being killed in return.

JimH
20-May-09, 21:47
Careful chaps - remember - "When God made man, She must have been joking"

annthracks
20-May-09, 22:08
Watch this video (http://www.snotr.com/video/2662) then you'll understand why women aren't as successful as men, some things are just to complex for the (that's not) 'fair sex' to grasp. :roll:

And this (http://www.snotr.com/video/2658) one is even better. [lol]

No! no more ROFLMFAO
oops I think I wet myself LOL
how the hell did these people pass a driving test?

this (http://www.snotr.com/video/2495) is a good idea

Vistravi
21-May-09, 21:15
Of course women are and can be as successful as men!!!!
Anyone with the drive, the will and the determention to be successful will be successful regardless of gender.

Society moulds girls to like pink and to hate blue, to play with dolls instead of cars, to be feminine and quiet and to be docile. I find it unbelievable how many small children believe that all the above is for girls and not boys. I always encourage children to see it as activites and just colours not as to what they are supposed to represent. Society and mother nature dictates Women should be inferior to men in sense of children and size.

But as a woman who wants success and is going to get it not by whinning about unfair treatment or wanting to do light work but by hard work and determention. I can't stand other women who whin all the time bout fairness or bout how this or that is a man's job cos i don't want to break a nail. They are weak and pathetic. Another thing i can't stand in a fellow female who acts like a damsel in distress. A woman like that disgusts me.

I used to work in tescos and i was stronger than the guys who worked in the produce with me. people would say to me oh they shouldn't be making you do that and i'd say why? Just cos i'm a lass? Anything a man can do i can do.

I need no man to protect me or to stand up for me. My mouth and fists do the job just briliantly.