PDA

View Full Version : Flamenco at the Lighthouse!

Moira
18-May-09, 21:12
Venue was Dunnet Head Lighthouse, Caithness. Stunning location.
Hosts were John & Isaac. Impeccable - as usual.
Programme was exceptional.
The first half consisted of the usual local suspects and an extremely talented young man I've not seen before. His name escapes me but the shame of that lies with my memory and not his talents.

The second half of the night blew me away. I honestly did not know what to expect apart from the fact that I knew it would be quality. Madge from Columbia and Richard from Cambuslang - an unlikely pair you might think..... What an explosive combination they turned out to be.

If you missed this concert, you really do need to beat yourself up about it. The organisers even arranged that the first half "ran over a bit" and the interval (for all those who made it outside the hall) was made just that bit more special in that there was a spectacular sunset over the Bay.

Muchos Gracias. :D

Chobbersjnr
18-May-09, 21:24
Dom Payne was the fiddler. Marta was the singer. Indeed a great concert but the sunset wasn't my doing(I don't think???).

Moira
18-May-09, 22:20
Ok I missed out the names in parts and got it wrong in others. Will you forgive me?

Apart from that, could my "review" challenge the Pepsi chappy?

Living at such a truly wonderful vantage point for sunrisings/settings I'd implore you not to miss many. :D

The Pepsi Challenge
19-May-09, 02:26
Quite easily, Moira, am sure.

I caught this duo inside Hawick's Beanscene of all places a few weeks ago.

Did she get the castas out, then, Chobbers?

Chobbersjnr
19-May-09, 04:13
Clack, clack, clacketty clack and brought the house down.:)

Dog-eared
26-May-09, 00:22
Dominic Pain is a good fiddler. Saw him play in his Whisky days.
Now he's back in Caithness I hope he gets a few gigs.

weedom
28-May-09, 23:14
She had lovely casta's, in fairness.

Who is this Dog-Eared fella who knows me better than ChobbersJnr - so much so that he/she knows how to spell my name properly?

:D