PDA

View Full Version : Aliens anyone? Anyone?

porshiepoo
07-Mar-06, 09:26
Isn't it great how one topic on this forum can lead to another topic being started!

Okey dokey, who believes that we are not alone in the universe? Are we visited form little green men? Are aliens actually 'little green men'? Anyone been abducted by aliens and ooooooo experimented on??
Maybe we actually evolved from aliens? Or are we an experiment, having been placed here by aliens and the regular sightings of them are actually the aliens carrying out research?

If we are visited by aliens (on the sly like) imagine how much more advanced than us they must be. Having watched GMTV this morning though I can completely understand why no other intelligent life form would want to make themselves known to us, that poor squid that was killed and pickled just so people can look at it cos of it's wow factor!

I suppose I must confess that I have actually seen a UFO- ask my mum if you don't believe me [para] .
My dad was picking me up from work one day at Newstead Abbey, on the way back I saw 3 lights the shape of a 'V' in the sky moving very strangely - up, down, sideways - it was so obviously NOT an aircraft that we know of. Anyways all of a sudden it disappeared (the night sky was very clear) so I told my mum and dad about it and a couple of days later there was an article in the local paper about UFO's having been sighted in the area.
Go on then take the mick!:p

connieb19
07-Mar-06, 09:50
This is the sort of thing where I would usually say, "what a load of rubbish!" But I actually know someone who says she was abducted by aliens. This was over 30 years ago. I do believe her because she is definately not the sort of person I would have expecred to say this. She didn't tell people about it for a long time because she knew no-one would believe her!!

Saveman
07-Mar-06, 10:01
Personally I don't think aliens exist in the way we think of aliens ie. little green men etc. I've seen some weird things in the sky myself, but I'm sure there is always a rational explaination, even if it is secret government planes...

Abdullah
07-Mar-06, 10:06
The atmosphere of Jupiter is chemically very similar to how Earth's atmosphere was around the time life emerged here, and Europa is very similar to Earth now, apart from the temperature, so they are possibilities I think. Even if there's no other life in the Solar system, I can't believe that in a galaxy of at least a hundred billion stars in a universe of at least a hundred billion galaxies, there's just us. In a universe that huge, nature must have found many many ways to support life.
I am very excited about the prospect of finding intelligent life on other planets. After all there is none here, so it may have evolved somewhere;)

krieve
07-Mar-06, 10:16
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_28_1.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk121YYGB) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/540.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk121YYGB) I don't really know what to believe if i am being honest Maybe there are aliens out there but maybe not. I have never seen a UFO or a ALIEN so i can't really say that i beleieve in them lol

squidge
07-Mar-06, 10:27
Just look at the number of people with pointy ears on the television - they always seem to be odd people too

Very weird

fred
07-Mar-06, 10:37
Go out one night and look at the sky, at a universe which stretches all the way to the beginning of time, look at the countless stars each one a sun and wonder at the sheer magnitude of it all. Pick up a handfull of soil containing more living things than there are people on this planet.

Then go back inside, sit at your computer, read this forum and ask yourself one question. Is what you see being written by the most advanced beings in the universe?

Saveman
07-Mar-06, 10:46
Go out one night and look at the sky, at a universe which stretches all the way to the beginning of time, look at the countless stars each one a sun and wonder at the sheer magnitude of it all. Pick up a handfull of soil containing more living things than there are people on this planet.

Then go back inside, sit at your computer, read this forum and ask yourself one question. Is what you see being written by the most advanced beings in the universe?

In this universe...in a word: probably yes! ;)

porshiepoo
07-Mar-06, 11:24

Well put Saveman.

I personally believe that there is intelligent life elsewhere. I think it depends though on what our definition of intelligent life is.
By aliens we assume them to mean 'little green men' or the kind of aliens we see on t.v, but thats just the beginning of it, there could be many many microscopic organisms on other planets and while I can't claim that it's intelligent life, it's life all the same.

I agree with Abdullah, it seems a bit dense to assume that with all the stars, planets etc that we know of (without the ones we don't) that we are the only kind of life.

Connieb19 - I don't know what to say. I kinda guess that if a person is abducted then we assume the aliens to be more your typical t.v variety (I can't see a microscopic life form having the ability to abduct us) and i just think that maybe man may have created that illusion much the same way he created good & evil, legal & illegal - not sure whether I'm explaining myself here or just confusing you.
Man has created opposites in everything, would our opposite be 'little green men'?

So anyway does area 51 really exist???????

Whitewater
07-Mar-06, 11:44
I remember reading a series of books in the late sixties by an American author named Vardis Fisher. The books were about the origins of man and where we came from. His hypothesis was that we came from another planet in our solar system which could no longer support life. He went on to describe that what the ancient peoples called Gods who used to visited them regularly were actually spacemen coming down to check how things were going, to help with the decision on their new settlement.

Far fetched eh!! He went on to describe ancient drawings sketched on cave walls found in Nepal and Tibet, which, when compared to the space shuttles which were used for landing on the moon were very similar. The sketches indicated people in them in the same positions as that used by modern space crews but the head gear was different.

The Dia Lama (spelling ???) was also mentioned in connection with the above but I can't remember the connection.

The many different theories about the origins of man make very interesting reading, and I'm in agreement with Abdulla regarding life on other planets in some of the many galaxies all around us. I don't think it would be prudent for us to think that we are the only intelligent beings in the universe.

porshiepoo
07-Mar-06, 12:25
I've just found a great site on the area 51 topic.

http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/

Sorry I don't know how to get it as a link.

It's got loads of bits on there about ufo sightings, roswell, area 51 etc etc.
I'm not sure what to make of it all but it's entertaining if nothing else.

brandy
07-Mar-06, 12:39
the mesopotamians who were the first civilization on earth said that beings from teh sky came down and brought them civilization..
so thats a thought.
also there are the pyramids and how they were built ..
and the aztecs and other highly advanced societies that are now lost to us..
who knows what or who all they knew

willowbankbear
07-Mar-06, 13:01
After reading some of her posts,does anyone think that mad wicker24 is an alien?????

lasher
07-Mar-06, 13:30
I believe I may have been abducted by aliens on several occasions. I have woken up in the morning (usually Saturdays or Sundays) with unidentified injuries and no memory of how i have got where i am or what happened the previous night. [lol] [lol] [lol]

Saveman
07-Mar-06, 13:33
After reading some of her posts,does anyone think that mad wicker24 is an alien?????

Indeed, and I suspect you may have been infected. They use the overuse of question marks to attack our minds [para]

Don't they?????????

ARHHHHHH!!!

Saveman
07-Mar-06, 13:35
I believe I may have been abducted by aliens on several occasions. I have woken up in the morning (usually Saturdays or Sundays) with unidentified injuries and no memory of how i have got where i am or what happened the previous night. [lol] [lol] [lol]

I've heard of this affliction before. Did you have a pounding headache? Thats a sure sign they've been probing your mind!

katarina
07-Mar-06, 14:23
Of course there must be other planets that support life, and it would be only common sense that life exists there.

Tymey
07-Mar-06, 14:24
I remember reading a series of books in the late sixties by an American author named Vardis Fisher. The books were about the origins of man and where we came from. His hypothesis was that we came from another planet in our solar system which could no longer support life. He went on to describe that what the ancient peoples called Gods who used to visited them regularly were actually spacemen coming down to check how things were going, to help with the decision on their new settlement.

Yes I like the Stargate books too. ;)

obiron
07-Mar-06, 14:33
there is bound to be life on other planets, though i did read somewhere that due to atmosphere it would be bugs. could be thinking o a dan brown book. used to be a big x- files fan always thought the stories were based on some sort of facts. the first 2-3 series not the later stuff.

Rheghead
07-Mar-06, 16:21
I don't believe that there are aliens in other star systems but I do believe that it will be fun to look for them and ultimately profound for the human race if we are successful.

The harsh reality is that, though aliens may exist, it may take a millennia to get a reply and we may not understand or detect the reply if we get one and reject it as an anomaly.

willowbankbear
07-Mar-06, 16:39
Indeed, and I suspect you may have been infected. They use the overuse of question marks to attack our minds [para]

Don't they?????????

ARHHHHHH!!!

Come & save me then saveman, please!:p :p :p

Saveman
07-Mar-06, 16:47
Come & save me then saveman, please!:p :p :p

Certainly! .....it's what I do......

:Razz

katarina
07-Mar-06, 17:56
This is the sort of thing where I would usually say, "what a load of rubbish!" But I actually know someone who says she was abducted by aliens. This was over 30 years ago. I do believe her because she is definately not the sort of person I would have expecred to say this. She didn't tell people about it for a long time because she knew no-one would believe her!!

Maybe God is popping back to see how his experiment is working!