PDA

View Full Version : Morning Gigs?

Invisible
17-May-09, 11:00
Just wondered why its always favored to play gigs late in the afternoon/evening. It was just a thought because I picked up my guitar this morning and was quite impressed with what i could play note perfect (not bragging :lol:). So although i was hungover and no doubt still had a substantial amount of alochomahol in me I thought it would be a good idea to have gigs in the morning or early in the afternoon before the tiredness kicks in!.

random spiel about nonsense over.

The Pepsi Challenge
18-May-09, 07:25
Simple. Promoters need to sell tickets, venue managers need to sell beer. Their targets - i.e. the audience - all, usually, work 9-5.

Invisible
18-May-09, 12:39
Simple. Promoters need to sell tickets, venue managers need to sell beer. Their targets - i.e. the audience - all, usually, work 9-5.

ah of course did not think of the obvious:roll:

Chobbersjnr
18-May-09, 17:45
I once played a set at a festival in Dorset that was from 11am-12:15 & it felt wierd.

we headlined the night before & went on second the next day. Playing to people just emerging from their tents etc etc.

Deemac
19-May-09, 08:08
I played in Skinandis a year or so ago!!!

Band started about 12pm and finished abour 1.30am - does that count as a morning gig?;)

Chobbersjnr
19-May-09, 15:28
I played in Skinandis a year or so ago!!!

Band started about 12pm and finished abour 1.30am - does that count as a morning gig?;)

no...............................:Razz

Jude
20-May-09, 00:12
I once played a set at a festival in Dorset that was from 11am-12:15 & it felt wierd.

we headlined the night before & went on second the next day. Playing to people just emerging from their tents etc etc.

Did I aswell?