PDA

View Full Version : Missing Cat

ellimac
17-May-09, 10:05
Our cat has been missing since Friday night, we live in Bower, area Bowertower..... If anyone has any information we would be very greatfull.... She has long hair and is grey in colour, she answers to Fluffy, she is very friendly..... PM with any info...

Thanks...

purplelady
17-May-09, 23:50
hope you find your cat it is so worrying is'nt it we had a cat missing foe 6 weeks once x

ellimac
18-May-09, 11:18
Hi, thanks purplelady

Yeah I am really worried about her, she's never gone away before and it's so unlike her...... I really hope she turns up......

Anyone in the Bowertower area can you please look in your shed's or garages to see, just incase she is shut in.....

Thanks....

Liz
18-May-09, 12:36
I am so sorry that Fluffy is missing and know how worried you will be as this has happened to me on a few occasions.

Most cats who go missing have been shut in so have you checked all outbuildings in your area?

Hope you find her safe and sound.

Jovi
18-May-09, 20:26
Hi Ellimac,I live in the area,have checked our buildings but no sign. Will make sure the neighbours are aware though. Fingers crossed for a safe return. :)

teenybash
18-May-09, 23:20
Hope Fluffy comes home soon......keep calling and don't give up....

ellimac
19-May-09, 15:32
Hi Ellimac,I live in the area,have checked our buildings but no sign. Will make sure the neighbours are aware though. Fingers crossed for a safe return. :)

Hi

Thankyou very much, I am ever hopeful that she'll turn up....

Cheers

ellimac
19-May-09, 15:33
Hope Fluffy comes home soon......keep calling and don't give up....

I will do teenybash, thanks and hopefully she'll turn up.......

Margaret M.
19-May-09, 17:56
I hope Fluffy is just out exploring and heads home soon.

ellimac
19-May-09, 18:52
I hope Fluffy is just out exploring and heads home soon.

Thanks Margaret M so do I........

dousslesh
20-May-09, 20:38
If you go onto Caithness Cats Protection website there are a number of suggestions to help find your cat/ encourage the cat to come home. Hope your cat is home safe and well soon. Good luck

ellimac
21-May-09, 14:49
If you go onto Caithness Cats Protection website there are a number of suggestions to help find your cat/ encourage the cat to come home. Hope your cat is home safe and well soon. Good luck

Thankyou very much for that dousslesh....

Fraid tho still no sign of her, beginning to think that I may never see her again.......

Iffy
21-May-09, 17:37
OH Ellimac...

My heart goes out to you , I'm crossing everything I can in the hope that your "bairn" comes home.......:(

purplelady
22-May-09, 00:36
Please do not give up hope as i have said before had one go missing for 6 weeks gave up and she just appeared one morning bold as brass xxxxxx

Liz
22-May-09, 10:58
I would agree with Purplelady. Cats are amazing creatures and have been known to turn up after lengthy periods away.

Have you contacted Caithness FM to ask them to broadcast an appeal?

ellimac
22-May-09, 14:51
I would agree with Purplelady. Cats are amazing creatures and have been known to turn up after lengthy periods away.

Have you contacted Caithness FM to ask them to broadcast an appeal?

Hi Liz, thanks but I haven't contacted Caithness FM, we live in the middle of nowhere with only a few houses around, so not sure if doing an appeal would help, but then again it might be worth a try... Spoke to a person who is near us and they said that there are foxes on the go and that they will take a cat, I really hope that this isn't the case, it makes me sick thinking about it and I wish that I was never told cos I do keep thinking what if that has happened, but I'll just have to stay positive and hope that she is just out roaming and she'll come home soon.......

purplelady
22-May-09, 23:40
please do not give up hope we lived in the country had alsorts of things going though my head had her run over by a tractor at one stage then foxes all that so keep your fingers crossed keep as all im formed please x

ellimac
23-May-09, 14:36
please do not give up hope we lived in the country had alsorts of things going though my head had her run over by a tractor at one stage then foxes all that so keep your fingers crossed keep as all im formed please x

Will do purplelady and thankyou.......

poppett
23-May-09, 15:34
Try the Caithness FM appeal as cats will sometimes hide in a tiny space in a car or lorry and could be a few miles away and lost in that way. Took a neighbours cat from Inverness to Buckie one day without knowing it was there until we arrived and he popped out from the engine compartment. At least we knew who he belonged to and took him home again.

Hope your pet turns up soon.

Liz
23-May-09, 18:16
Try the Caithness FM appeal as cats will sometimes hide in a tiny space in a car or lorry and could be a few miles away and lost in that way. Took a neighbours cat from Inverness to Buckie one day without knowing it was there until we arrived and he popped out from the engine compartment. At least we knew who he belonged to and took him home again.

Hope your pet turns up soon.

I agree with Poppett as cats are very curious animals hence the reason they get shut in sheds so much!

Please don't worry about a fox having taken your cat! The cat would more than be a match for a fox.
Someone told me this when one of my cats went missing but I totally dismissed it.

I truly hope that you find Fluffy soon. I know that the worse thing is not knowing what has happened.

Liz
23-May-09, 19:16
Ellimac I hope this puts your mind to rest.

http://www.thesittingfox.co.uk/Foxes%20as%20Neighbours.htm

purplelady
27-May-09, 23:19
Any news yet on your missing cat it is such a worry is'nt it x

ellimac
28-May-09, 10:47
Ellimac I hope this puts your mind to rest.

http://www.thesittingfox.co.uk/Foxes%20as%20Neighbours.htm

Hi Liz

Thanks very much for that, it has put mind mind at rest a wee bit....

Cheers...

ellimac
28-May-09, 10:50
Any news yet on your missing cat it is such a worry is'nt it x

Hi Purplelady

No , no news on Fluffy, she still hasn't turned up and to be honest I really don't think she is going to now as it will be 2 weeks tomorrow since we seen her.... But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she will return, my little one is missing her terribly as are the rest off us, it's the not knowing that makes it harder, but here's hoping....

Thanks for asking about her tho...

Cheers...

Liz
28-May-09, 12:35
Oh Ellimac I know how you are feeling as it has happened to me on four occasions! Happily 3 out of 4 were happy endings. The one who didn't come back was a wanderer anyway.

As you say it is the not knowing.:( Don't give up yet as cats have come back home after long periods away.

purplelady
28-May-09, 23:39
they sure do come home after long periods like said before had one missing for 6 weeks x

Jovi
28-May-09, 23:59
Hi Ellimac,sorry to hear your cat hasn't turned up yet. I'm off tomorrow so will have another look round here,don't give up...We had a cat that was missing for over 6 weeks and strolled in one evening looking for his dinner as though he'd never been away.

teenybash
29-May-09, 00:50
Take heart and keep hope alive Ellimac. A lovely story on tv this week about a cat that went missing two years ago. The owner was delighted when she got the news her missing ginger chap was in the local shelter waiting on her.
Where he had been for the past years no one knows........Don't give up as she may well reappear yet. Fingers crossed Fluffy comes home soon.

ellimac
29-May-09, 14:33
Thanks all, most appreciated, I will keep calling on her and hopefully she'll get back home soon.....

Will let you all know if she does turn up, fingers crossed she does and soon.....

balto
29-May-09, 14:51
oh im so sorry to hear about your cat, it must be hard, but im sure she will be ok out there, mayby she has found a source of food and is hanging around. i just let me kitten out for the 1st time a while ago and i stayed with him the whole time incase he wandered of. fingers crossed your pussycat comes home safe soon.xx

ellimac
29-May-09, 15:58
oh im so sorry to hear about your cat, it must be hard, but im sure she will be ok out there, mayby she has found a source of food and is hanging around. i just let me kitten out for the 1st time a while ago and i stayed with him the whole time incase he wandered of. fingers crossed your pussycat comes home safe soon.xx

Thankyou very much Balto, hopefully she'll return...

Ahh that's lovely about your kitten, I remember when I first let my two out and like you I stayed with them the whole time incase they wandered too far, not that they ever did and thats what makes it so difficult to think she's out there and can't find her way home as she has never wandered away before... Hope your kitten doesn't ever wander too far....

Cheers for your message...

balto
29-May-09, 16:08
Thankyou very much Balto, hopefully she'll return...

Ahh that's lovely about your kitten, I remember when I first let my two out and like you I stayed with them the whole time incase they wandered too far, not that they ever did and thats what makes it so difficult to think she's out there and can't find her way home as she has never wandered away before... Hope your kitten doesn't ever wander too far....

Cheers for your message...oh i have 3 others to lead him astray lol. especially sandy he is my ginger tom and bennys (kitten) partner in crime lol.