joxville
16-May-09, 21:14
I'll be voting for the All Night Long party. :cool:

Gizmo
16-May-09, 21:24
I don't see the 'Party In My Pants' listed?....i'll vote for that :D

scorrie
16-May-09, 21:34
I am undecided. If you want to be on the winner though, you should vote Conservative, as they are going to sail in.

joxville
16-May-09, 21:36
I am undecided. If you want to be on the winner though, you should vote Conservative, as they are going to sail in.
I'd rather see them sail away, as far as possible...and take all the other parasites with them. [disgust]

Gizmo
16-May-09, 21:48
I'd rather see them sail away, as far as possible...and take all the other parasites with them. [disgust]

Count me in on that as well, i have an intense dislike for that sniveling git David Cameron, he's not to be believed...ever!

cuthill
16-May-09, 22:18
As i said in an earlier post i would do a Guy Fawkes on the the whole lot of them and could never vote for any of the them as the trust has gone

starry
16-May-09, 22:25
The way I feel right now there isn't one of them I trust and for the first time in many years I am considering just not voting.
I am disgusted and weary of politicans just now.

catran
16-May-09, 22:30
Count me in on that as well, i have an intense dislike for that sniveling git David Cameron, he's not to be believed...ever!
Where do we go from here, they are all on the fiddle so no much wonder we are in such a state. Thought it was just the dodgers who claim benefits when not entitled but it looks as if it has started at the top and worked its way down. Bad management at the top and it does filter through. The poor guys that are really entitled to benefits are not told what they are entitled too and the smart set get everything. Dont get me started. Maybe I have gone off topic but here we go. Keep paying my taxes to keep a multitude of welfare scammers and teenage mothers in their houses. Have a sore back and you are laughing, not fit for work but get a car ect ect., why? they are not going to work so why????Pensioners on a meagre income have to get about so why this car marlarkie for the sore back brigade that gets benefits as they are unable to work plus a free bus pass ect ect ect??????High time this carryon was sorted outNow I have had my final say hopefully not insulting anyone just my opinion on governmental issues as I am about to become a poor pensioner and have to pay tax on my meagre income. I could go on and on after working in the public sector for many many years without accruing a fat pension. Just enough to pay taxes...........So who should I vote for?????????Liberal???????certainly not Labour but at least Maggie thatcher did not palaver with these single teenage mothers who appear to be better ff than those working on a modest income so I am somewhat confused in my old age so need help..... please... not put down yet......

catran
16-May-09, 22:34
Easier said than done I am afraid

buddyrich
16-May-09, 23:20
Im somewhat undecided but the only result that could encourage me to flee the country is if that wine-swilling, junket-happy cretin Salmond makes big gains because of the labour meltdown.

I pray every night that he gets caught in the expenses thing. Perhaps being caught claiming the use of adult phone lines as expenses or something similiar.

On a non-ideological basis i would be happy for us to continue with John Thurso. I think he's a good constituency MP.

buddyrich
16-May-09, 23:32
I also think it's interesting that there are so many people who feel totally fed up with MPs in general because of the expenses melee.

Maybe what's really causing this fatigue is the constant, constant over-hyped coverage of it. Surely, the notion that a percentage of MPs are abusing the system isnt really news. Althought the degenerate swine that serve in the cabinet seem like a particularly objectionable bunch of braying morons, we know deep down that any type of government will have a degree of engrained corruption. It's the non stop repetitive reporting of it without any actual discussion that is making everyone weary.

The public nipple is haemorraging money into a huge bloated monster of a government that should have been put out of it's misery a long time ago.

Foxy
17-May-09, 00:58
I will use my vote as i always have and will be voting conservative for a change as i feel the deserve a chance at trying to be better than the present lot. Those who choose not to vote as far as i'm concerned don't have a right to complain when things go wrong as there vote could make all the difference.

Mystical Potato Head
17-May-09, 01:17
Well i aint doing any complaining but i was being sarcastic which you obviously didnt get!
As Billy Connolly once said,"the thought of becoming a politition should bar the person from ever becoming one".

JAWS
17-May-09, 01:57
I have a particular thing about voting. My attitude is that in the past people have struggled, fought and died so that I can have the right to vote and by not doing so I am throwing their bravery back in their faces.

I don't care who people go and vote for, that is their choice, but I think people ought to exercise that right.

There have been suggestions the there should be a box marked "None of the above" to cater for those, and there must be a lot now, who are disillusioned with all politicians so they can express their feelings rather than be written off as being too lazy to bother to vote. At the moment those who don’t vote because of disgust or disillusion are simply lumped in with those who just can’t be bothered which is a different thing altogether.

Sometimes voting for an absolutely no hoper cab send a strong signal to the others, provided, that is, that everybody else doesn’t vote for the same no hopers and end up with something they really didn’t want.

horseman
17-May-09, 07:04
I'm gonna vote for my local labour man -P.Hope-Never voted for him before- but he was one of the first to say- 'I may have been over the top' an so I will repay the whole damm lot back! 40 odd grand--(can't get the pound sign up) an he is no a wealthey man!
Lot of bottle there me thinks! As most of his claims were justified.No squealing no wriggling-just-right----up your left nostril-!!!!
An that was with no prompting from the top brass!
The mannie has balls..An he gets my vote!!!
Look at all the low lifes who are ''''wriggling''''

percy toboggan
17-May-09, 08:06
I answered this question differently than I would have if the election in question had been next month's Euro ballot.

UKIP will get my vote on that occassion.

A General election calls for a protest and a kick back against the two main parties who have sent us to a form of hell in a rickety handcart. The only imaginative protest is to vote for the party they claim to revile , especially as they have little chance of winning any seats.

bekisman
17-May-09, 10:44
I'm UKIP too for the Euro one - just wondered why Rheggie put SNP as italics on his list?

Rheghead
17-May-09, 10:46
just wondered why Rheggie put SNP as italics on his list?

I didn't. The poll software gives certain options italics.

Rheghead
17-May-09, 10:47
I forgot Libertas. No hopers anyway.

Bazeye
17-May-09, 11:49
I'll be voting for the All Night Long party. :cool:

Twentyfourhourpartyeople.

Bazeye
17-May-09, 11:52
Who will you vote for next?

Probably Green Party for me.

Any particular reason you put the BNP in italics on the poll ? Just wondering.

Rheghead
17-May-09, 13:45
Any particular reason you put the BNP in italics on the poll ? Just wondering.

I didn't. I think it is the one you voted for as Green party is in italics on my browser.;)

Gizmo
17-May-09, 16:09
C'mon now...fess up, who voted for the Communist party :lol:

Mystical Potato Head
17-May-09, 16:58
That would be me,theoretically communism is a very sound idea where everyone is equal but of course we all know some end up MORE equal than others.Bit like the Labour Party really.
BTW.never mind asking who voted for the Commies......who are the two who STILL want to vote labour?

cuddlepop
17-May-09, 18:17
BTW.never mind asking who voted for the Commies......who are the two who STILL want to vote labour?[/quote]

Me thinks they're deaf,dumb and blind,;)

I was brought up in a "labour" family but if my parents or grandparents were alive they'd be spinning.

Will vote but as yet not brave eneogh to vote for the other side.

Dont really fancy being "multi haunted":lol:

maverick
17-May-09, 18:36
What we need now is a total change in politics, I am of the opinion that its not parties we need to lead us but people, when you vote for your MP he or she is not really representing you the voters, but the party that they are allied to. All MP's are liars,cheats and swindlers, hell thats the criteria needed to be an MP. Lets face it Honourable Members are not so honourable, they are in it like every one else and thats to make money, line their own pockets and thats exactly what they have been doing, and doing it under the guise of helping us the voters....

Cedric Farthsbottom III
17-May-09, 21:34
WE voted labour.Two won.One lost to the liberals.:D

JAWS
17-May-09, 21:46
I didn't. I think it is the one you voted for as Green party is in italics on my browser.;)It's the Liberals on mine. I thought they were the Lib Dems now, ah well.

percy toboggan
18-May-09, 09:01
I must add that if, in the unlikely event that the BNP seemed to be winning this poll I would go for another option and try to persuade folk to do likewise.

My main motivation in voting BNP on several occassions has been the willingness of politicians to tell me I shouldn't. Swimming against the tide has always appealed to me. When that tide is arrogant and contemptuous of public opinion then the challenge is all the more inviting.

That the BNP feature on UK political radar at all is a damning indictment of the failure of successive governments (and especially THIS one) to control immigration.

kmahon2001
18-May-09, 11:25
I will use my vote as i always have and will be voting conservative for a change as i feel the deserve a chance at trying to be better than the present lot. Those who choose not to vote as far as i'm concerned don't have a right to complain when things go wrong as there vote could make all the difference.

Seeing as it was Tory policies of the 1980s that started all this mess - allowing market forces to control everything, which New Labour just adopted and added to, I can't see that the Tories can bring anything new to this. Cameron has still failed to set out exactly how he would get us out of the recession other than cutting back on everything. I'm not impressed - I need to hear a coherent plan of action for how he will deal with this recession, not just going on about austerity in that vague way. There's austerity and then there's downright tightfistedness. Knowing the Tories of old, they will probably remove all kinds of state help for those who are badly off and then give tax incentives and rewards to those who already have too much money. [disgust]

That would be me,theoretically communism is a very sound idea where everyone is equal but of course we all know some end up MORE equal than others.Bit like the Labour Party really.
BTW.never mind asking who voted for the Commies......who are the two who STILL want to vote labour?

Nevermind who voted Labour or for any of the smaller parties, I just can't believe how many people are saying they will vote Tory, like there's no alternative. It's as if people only feel we only have two choices for government, Labour or Tory. If Labour have messed things up we should give the Tories a go and if the Tories mess it up we can re-elect Labour next time. :roll:

There are other alternatives too. The Lib Dems are obviously the next most popular party, but there are all the smaller parties too. If people would think beyond Labour and Tory, maybe we might get real change in Government, but not until those who refuse to vote as a protest, or those who vote Tory simply to get Labour out, all wake up and use their vote properly. If you want to protest against the snouts in the trough, give some of the smaller parties a chance to represent us. The more seats they have, even if they don't get into power, the more they can effect the policies put through Parliament.

Rheghead
18-May-09, 11:30
There's austerity and then there's downright tightfistedness. Knowing the Tories of old, they will probably remove all kinds of state help for those who are badly off and then give tax incentives and rewards to those who already have too much money. [disgust]

Yes, I remember The Cuts in public spending of 1979 onwards and their subsequent cut in income tax for those earning over £100,000 from 60% to 40%.

percy toboggan
18-May-09, 12:33
I too shrink from the idea of once again being governed by a self-perpetuating cabal of old Etonians and their cohorts.

Sadly though, this is the only realistic alternative UNLESS this really is a watershed moment in British politics.

kmahon2001
18-May-09, 12:49
I too shrink from the idea of once again being governed by a self-perpetuating cabal of old Etonians and their cohorts.

Sadly though, this is the only realistic alternative UNLESS this really is a watershed moment in British politics.

The Tories may be the ones who get into power this time, because so many people still believe they can only vote either Labour or Tory, but at least if those of us who can think for ourselves would vote sensibly, then the Tories power could be tempered with having a number of opposition parties so well represented that they would have to put a really good case for any policies they want to pass through Parliament.

This could actually mean that whoever is in Government at any point in time would have to watch what they do and seek approval from a number of other parties before anything was passed. Now surely that would be much more democratic than being dictated to by whichever of the two main parties happens to have a clear majority in Parliament, and therefore can pass whatever they want unless their backbenchers rebel.

bekisman
18-May-09, 15:58
kmahon2001: "but at least if those of us who can think for ourselves would vote sensibly"

Bit egocentric?

rich
18-May-09, 17:14
There may be more scandals to come. Consider municipal government. In Glasgow and Edinburgh there are allegations of a “brown envelope” culture. Recent developments in Edinburgh around the Caltongate mess suggest a hitherto unheard of willingness on the part of city council to get on the right side of SOOT by postponing indefinitely the demolition of buildings. Does the city council know something about pay-offs to local functionaries that we dont - yet!

rich
18-May-09, 17:29
Sometimes you can beat city hall. Too bad it takes an economic recession and the Daily Telegraph to make it happen. And remember, folks, the European elections are just the first boot falling...

http://www.independentrepublicofthecanongate.blogspot.com/

rich
18-May-09, 18:31
So the question we might be asking is are we due a major shake-up at a constituency level. The emergence of groups like SOOT suggest that such a shake up is already underway.

These are revolutionary times and the revolution is taking place in our cities. People are demanding accountability. And they are not getting it.

Instead they are getting the politics of the brown envelope and more and more human scale buildings being demolished in the interests of greedy speculators who have a carte blanche entree into the Westminster corridors of power.

The revolutionary backlash to all this is a very British affair. It celebrates William Blake rather than Lenin or Marx. It prefers the bicycle to the automobile, its not big on vegetarianism but it enjoys gardening. It is a dog friendly revolution,one that makes love by candlelight to the accompaniment of Stan Getz.

Under normal circumstances I despise all of the above (except for Stan Getz) but the circumstances are not normal.

The problem is getting the right ecologically aware people into parliament given the power of the political parties. Thats where proportional representation might have a role to play.

So how does the future look from Caithness. Are you all happy with the windmills....

scorrie
18-May-09, 22:05
It is a dog friendly revolution,one that makes love by candlelight to the accompaniment of Stan Getz.

Under normal circumstances I despise all of the above (except for Stan Getz)

Not much of a fan of lovemaking then?

Ah well, at least Stan "Getz" there for you ;)

percy toboggan
19-May-09, 07:44
kmahon2001: "but at least if those of us who can think for ourselves would vote sensibly"

Bit egocentric?

Not at all.
Merely an uncomfortable truth.
Many people do not, or cannot think for themselves.
They are shaped and steered to a particular viewpoint by external influences like newspapers, television or even internet forums.

They often pay little heed to politics, seemingly more interested in the vicarious pleasures of celebrity lifestyles and soap-operas.
This substantial sub-group deserves representation but until they can begin to enlighten themselves and take heed of events they may still continue to follow the electoral paths chosen for them by others.

I welcome kmahon's comments to this board for so far they have been astute and well worth reading.

We all have an ego. The foolish or the none thinking will automatically assume signs of self-importance convert to arrogance, This is far from the case in my opinion. I would rather read cogent comment from the self-assured kmahons of this world than feeble rhetoric from shrinking violet.

And (Bekisman) before you 'go off on one' in the traditional manner I'm not suggesting that you personally are tainted with violet's brush.

bekisman
19-May-09, 09:40
I take your point Percy ref:
kmahon2001: "but at least if those of us who can think for ourselves would vote sensibly" Bit egocentric?

Maybe I should have expanded and quoted the full text, in that it is suggested that anyone who votes for the Conservatives or Labour are not thinking for themselves? (In England I voted Tory, up here a wasted vote and I vote SNP)..

"The Tories may be the ones who get into power this time, because so many people still believe they can only vote either Labour or Tory, but at least if those of us who can think for ourselves would vote sensibly, then the Tories power could be tempered with having a number of opposition parties so well represented that they would have to put a really good case for any policies they want to pass through Parliament."

Me 'go off on one?'; kettle black etc Come come Percy I'm not like that, I'm a relaxed kind of guy.

percy toboggan
19-May-09, 10:29
You voted Tory in 'England' ?

I'd need to know to which General Elections this refers to before I could pass any kind of opinion on such (to me) an alien concept.
:-)

katarina
19-May-09, 11:06
I want to see a list of all the MPs who have NOT over claimed, then I'll vote for them whatever party they belong to.

bekisman
19-May-09, 12:06
Percy; "You voted Tory in 'England' ?"

I refer my honourable friend to the answer I gave some moments ago:

(In England I voted Tory, up here a wasted vote, and I vote SNP).. what's the emphasis on 'England' Percy? 'cos actually I did live in 'England' previously, and there were, I believe, 8 elections in which I was entitled to vote...

Percy: "I'd need to know to which General Elections this refers to before I could pass any kind of opinion on such (to me) an alien concept..." 'pass an opinion' my goodness Percy what arrogance is this? do you honestly think I'm interested in your opinion - you're dreaming there. Unfortunately the minority parties don't have a hope in hell, it seems you may well do a [pointless] protest vote.. The only imaginative protest is to vote for the party they claim to revile #17 seems again you're trying to unduly influence voters; I must add that if, in the unlikely event that the BNP seemed to be winning this poll I would go for another option and try to persuade folk to do likewise #30 Arrogance again?; "Many people do not, or cannot think for themselves.They are shaped and steered to a particular viewpoint by external influences like newspapers, television or even internet forums" come come Percy all of our opinions are shaped through our formative years, our experiences of life, albeit that some are influenced in such a manner "oh I voted for Blair, he's such a nice chap" but your 'many' belittles. Your personal experiences of life may well be diametrically opposed to mine, but I do not demean those who vote for what they believe in (and I ain't a self-perpetuating cabal of old Etonians and their cohorts #33)

Have a look at this http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/voting-intention (http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/voting-intention) voting intentions since 2005, are your really saying that Tory/Labour voters are inclusive of your above comments?

carlisle away

percy toboggan
19-May-09, 16:53
Percy; "You voted Tory in 'England' ?"

I refer my honourable friend to the answer I gave some moments ago:

(In England I voted Tory, up here a wasted vote, and I vote SNP).. what's the emphasis on 'England' Percy? 'cos actually I did live in 'England' previously, and there were, I believe, 8 elections in which I was entitled to vote...

Percy: "I'd need to know to which General Elections this refers to before I could pass any kind of opinion on such (to me) an alien concept..." 'pass an opinion' my goodness Percy what arrogance is this? do you honestly think I'm interested in your opinion - you're dreaming there. Unfortunately the minority parties don't have a hope in hell, it seems you may well do a [pointless] protest vote.. The only imaginative protest is to vote for the party they claim to revile #17 seems again you're trying to unduly influence voters; I must add that if, in the unlikely event that the BNP seemed to be winning this poll I would go for another option and try to persuade folk to do likewise #30 Arrogance again?; "Many people do not, or cannot think for themselves.They are shaped and steered to a particular viewpoint by external influences like newspapers, television or even internet forums" come come Percy all of our opinions are shaped through our formative years, our experiences of life, albeit that some are influenced in such a manner "oh I voted for Blair, he's such a nice chap" but your 'many' belittles. Your personal experiences of life may well be diametrically opposed to mine, but I do not demean those who vote for what they believe in (and I ain't a self-perpetuating cabal of old Etonians and their cohorts #33)

Have a look at this http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/voting-intention (http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/voting-intention) voting intentions since 2005, are your really saying that Tory/Labour voters are inclusive of your above comments?

carlisle away

For one who claims to be uninterested in my opinion you spend a great deal of time assembling quotes and paying heed to it in the form of rebuttals. Keep it up.

Your 'admission' to voting Tory in past elections would have been considered quite brave a decade or so ago. Good for you. Perhaps the party of the status-quo, of property and wealth suited your circumstances and your outlook far better than they ever did mine. I can accept that , in the nineteen eighties there was little choice but to accept it as the face of Britain began to change for the worse for many.

Firstly the poster kmahon is accused of egoccenricity, and now I'm labelled 'arrogant' for expressing an opinion on a Tory voter when in 1997 the whole country was 'at it'.

You might be old enough to remember those 1979 posters showing a long, long dole queue 'Labour is Not Working'....and then shortly after Thatcher's policy started to denude the working man all those car stickers saying 'Don't Blame Me, I voted Labour' when those queues more than doubled in size. I wonder how many people sporting those stickers actually opted for the Tories at the ballot.(a rhetorical question) And then fell for her jingoistic escapade in the Flkland Islands, which admittedly gave a jaded naiton a shot in the arm - albeit temporarily uplifting....even I fell for that one although I didn't support her in subsequent elections.... preferring the duffle coated auld duffer.

You may well have spent those years in one of your public sector jobs - fireman/army and enjoyed the comfort and insulation such a position brought from the real world which rendered me 'redundant' in 1981, along with hundreds of thousands of others. As you say - my 'experiences of life might be diametrically opposed to yours'

kwbrown111
19-May-09, 17:19
Has to be Labour, vote tory if you want cuts in NHS(back to long waiting list)and schools etc. I'm afraid that the other parties to me is a wasted vote as there is no realistic chance of them getting in. Plus can't the Old Etonian prat.

bekisman
19-May-09, 17:40
"although I didn't support her [Margaret Thatcher] in subsequent elections" Pleased to read you voted Tory

"You may well have spent those years in one of your public sector jobs - fireman/army and enjoyed the comfort and insulation such a position brought from the real world which rendered me 'redundant' in 1981" Uh? "from the real world" - as a fire-fighter you need to have a chat with Blue Watch, Manchester Central Fire Station - Station No: S16 in Thomson Street and tell 'em they are not in the 'real world'; how silly.
Ask those squaddies out in Afghan if they are enjoying their 'comfort', again a rather nonsensical statement.

But then Percy, if you thought it was all so wonderful for us Squaddies and fire-fighters - it's a pity you couldn't stick it when you volunteered, you'd be 'insulated' and 'comforted' too!

Nice to see (above) SNP: 17, Tory 12, Lib 11,

Note: I have not used any bold type whatsoever (must be my training)

kmahon2001
19-May-09, 22:13
Has to be Labour, vote tory if you want cuts in NHS(back to long waiting list)and schools etc. I'm afraid that the other parties to me is a wasted vote as there is no realistic chance of them getting in. Plus can't the Old Etonian prat.

The point is that if people would dare to vote for the smaller parties, (even though none of them stand a chance of getting into power) these parties could at least have more seats in Parliament and therefore more of a say in how the country is governed.

If everyone continues to only vote either Labour or Tory, then one or the other will always be in government with no other opposition to hold them both in check. They will continue to dictate how the country is governed according to their own policies, beliefs or agenda until they become so unpopular that their opposite number is elected at the next election.... and so it goes on. We need more parties having a say in what is passed through Parliament, so that we get a more balanced representation of what the public want and what is best for the country.

Anyone who is a traditional Labour supporter and who has become jaded with New Labour could, instead of voting Tory, try voting for a smaller or independent party. Unless people are willing to start voting for smaller parties, we will never have a chance of seeing if there is an alternative to either Labour's or the Tories' vision of how this country should be run.

Rheghead
19-May-09, 22:34
I know what to do, lets all vote for one minority party, say the Green party in order to maximise our impact of disapproval on the major parties.

percy toboggan
20-May-09, 08:02
"although I didn't support her [Margaret Thatcher] in subsequent elections" Pleased to read you voted Tory

"You may well have spent those years in one of your public sector jobs - fireman/army and enjoyed the comfort and insulation such a position brought from the real world which rendered me 'redundant' in 1981" Uh? "from the real world" - as a fire-fighter you need to have a chat with Blue Watch, Manchester Central Fire Station - Station No: S16 in Thomson Street and tell 'em they are not in the 'real world'; how silly.
Ask those squaddies out in Afghan if they are enjoying their 'comfort', again a rather nonsensical statement.

But then Percy, if you thought it was all so wonderful for us Squaddies and fire-fighters - it's a pity you couldn't stick it when you volunteered, you'd be 'insulated' and 'comforted' too!

Nice to see (above) SNP: 17, Tory 12, Lib 11,

Note: I have not used any bold type whatsoever (must be my training)

Your acerbic aside merely proves my point.
At last you agree with me.
Exchanges with you are both fruitless and dull - do not expect much more attention from me.

bekisman
20-May-09, 08:18
"do not expect much more attention from me"

Oh goody - maybe this will get back on thread

kmahon2001
20-May-09, 09:43
I apologise in advance for going slightly off topic here, but I have noticed that the highest number of people who have voted in this poll have said they will vote SNP at the next general election, so I need to ask a question that I've been wanting to ask for some time.

Supposing the SNP get their way and Scotland gets full independence - does anyone know what happens to all the English, Welsh and Northern Irish already living up here? Will they be treated as foreign immigrants and be expected to apply for visas and work permits etc in order to stay? Will they be expected to apply for citizenship in order to qualify for a Scottish passport? Or will they automatically qualify as Scottish citizens by virtue of the fact that they are already living here?

I have purely selfish reasons for asking this - I don't fancy being told I have to go back to England, because I've been up here 2 years now and I love it.:D

golach
20-May-09, 09:51
I have purely selfish reasons for asking this - I don't fancy being told I have to go back to England, because I've been up here 2 years now and I love it.:D
You should not worry about that ever happening, the Scots are not that stupid, look how many would have to come back here from England. [lol]
England would grind to a halt if all the Scots came home, do we Scots want the likes of Alistair Darling and Gordon Brown back here? [lol]

percy toboggan
20-May-09, 10:37
Salmond is on record as saying 'If you want to live in Scotland you're Scottish' or something similar.

In the unlikely event that the canny Scots will EVER vote for independence there will be no changes to cross border movements - certainly in the forseeable future.
No checkpoint charlie at Gretna - no watchtower at Carter Bar.

These might come eventually when the Islamic influx eventually distorts English politics and it's social fabric but as one who has eyes on a possible move to Scotland c.2016 I have no worries about the Nationalists getting their way - other than I might live in a land of penury and broken dreams, where my English old age pension might stretch further than the locals own pittance.

bekisman
20-May-09, 10:42
Think there are 400,000+ English up here?

maverick
20-May-09, 21:00
Voting TORY should carry a government health warning

Ricco
22-May-09, 22:49
Me, I'm shifting to vote for the Monster Raving Loonies.... at least they aren't a lying bunch of wotsits - they tell it as it is. I was toying with going up to those people who stand outside and check you in.... tearing up my voting slip in their faces and going back home.:confused

Welcomefamily
22-May-09, 23:12
I think I have to agree with Rocco, Labour has lost all credibility, SNP seems a complete waste of time they could not sort out the Bankers who Bankrupted Scotland, (one good point for not being independent we can spread the cost all over England for the next 20 years) :lol:
Conservative have also had a few problems so its a choice SDP, BNP or Monster Raving. I dont like what the BNP stands for so its a choice of SDP or Monster Raving. Who is most likely to succeed from that group? yes the latter as a protest vote.