PDA

View Full Version : McCann's Sue Police Chief

Kodiak
16-May-09, 20:38
It is reported that the Parents of Madeliene McCann are to sue the Portugese Police Detective Goncalo Amaral for Defamation. Reported by the BBC News :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8053916.stm

I wonder if this poor little Girl will ever be deen alive. Every time I hear her name I feel saddened. Idon't know what elese to say except that I still hope that she is still alive and well.

Alice in Blunderland
16-May-09, 20:56
This is a heartbreaking story. I feel for the parents of Madeliene, every day must be a living nightmare.

I do hope one day Madeliene is found whether she is alive or dead so that the parents can have closure and move on. :)

catran
16-May-09, 21:22
This is a heartbreaking story. I feel for the parents of Madeliene, every day must be a living nightmare.

I do hope one day Madeliene is found whether she is alive or dead so that the parents can have closure and move on. :)
yes it must be a living nightmare, if only she could be found one or the other to enable them to come to terms with whatever has happened. Life must be terible for them and they have to keep going for the sake of the twins, horrendous to say the least. Unimaginable the stress they must be going through each and every day.

Alice in Blunderland
16-May-09, 21:30
yes it must be a living nightmare, if only she could be found one or the other to enable them to come to terms with whatever has happened. Life must be terible for them and they have to keep going for the sake of the twins, horrendous to say the least. Unimaginable the stress they must be going through each and every day.

I agree I am glad to see that they are still together something like this could easily tear them apart.

I do feel that the police werent quite as quick of the mark as they could have been. I feel sorry that they now have to take this action to stop the police officer from publishing what can be very damaging in more ways than one. :(

celtic lass
16-May-09, 22:26
oh how i hope she is alive and well maybe one day they can be reunited as a family but i dont know that suing the police is the right thing to do as (dare i say it) it wasnt the police that left those kids in that apartment alone

Alice in Blunderland
16-May-09, 22:39
oh how i hope she is alive and well maybe one day they can be reunited as a family but i dont know that suing the police is the right thing to do as (dare i say it) it wasnt the police that left those kids in that apartment alone

True but if only they could turn back the clock. We have probably all in life made a judgement error, they are now paying a heavy price for their one. How many times have you seen a pram with a child sat in it outside a shop in Wick ? A momments lapse can change someones life forever if it should go the wrong way unfortunately. :~(

catran
16-May-09, 22:45
Yes they left the bairns alone but they were within striking distance, they thought, have we all not done something like that at some stage or other and I am an old timer. We can all hgave a tale to tell if the truth be known so the. They should not be put down by that They will live to regret it to their dying day which must be horrendous no matter what. We all have done something stupid in our past I feel sure that could have put our children at risk to some xtent.

celtic lass
16-May-09, 22:50
True but if only they could turn back the clock. We have probably all in life made a judgement error, they are now paying a heavy price for their one. How many times have you seen a pram with a child sat in it outside a shop in Wick ? A momments lapse can change someones life forever if it should go the wrong way unfortunately. :~(
oh that is so true if only the clock could be turned back but what i mean is that suing police really isnt the right road to go down it will stir up the publics feelings on them leaving their kids alone the public can be brutal i hope that one day they find that little girl

Aaldtimer
17-May-09, 02:35
oh that is so true if only the clock could be turned back but what i mean is that suing police really isnt the right road to go down it will stir up the publics feelings on them leaving their kids alone the public can be brutal i hope that one day they find that little girl

They are not suing the police. They are suing a scumbag ex-policeman who is trying to cash in on the the case by publishing a book about his "version"![disgust]
He was in charge of the original enquiry into the case, and removed from it through his incompetence.
(Although that was never the stated reason, but just read between the lines.)
The Portugese police really do not appear in a great light from the outset of this case.

JAWS
17-May-09, 02:42
I'm waiting patiently. Today there was an incident in Bradford where a young mother left her baby asleep at home whilst she took her other child to school which is only a few minutes away. On her return home she found the house well ablaze and the baby is now in hospital fighting for it's life.

Should that baby unfortunately die I will be looking for the vast amount of sympathy, understanding, support and outpourings of pity for the poor mother and the drumming up of support from the media.

But I'm not holding my breath. Some people have a better publicity machine than others.

Aaldtimer
17-May-09, 03:11
I'm waiting patiently. Today there was an incident in Bradford where a young mother left her baby asleep at home whilst she took her other child to school which is only a few minutes away. On her return home she found the house well ablaze and the baby is now in hospital fighting for it's life.

Should that baby unfortunately die I will be looking for the vast amount of sympathy, understanding, support and outpourings of pity for the poor mother and the drumming up of support from the media.

But I'm not holding my breath. Some people have a better publicity machine than others.

Judge not, lest ye be Judged!

horseman
17-May-09, 06:40

Says it all really.

Tighsonas4
17-May-09, 11:25
and again AMEN to that ,walk a mile in that persons shoes and maybe then you can comment tony

_Ju_
17-May-09, 15:58

They are sueing a detective that wrote a book about Madelines dissapearance, not the police. A detective that is profiteering from a families suffering in my opinion.

JAWS
17-May-09, 21:22
Aaldtimer, horseman and Tighsonas4, perhaps I have had to deal with too many people who have had to walk more than a mile in their shoes.

If you read my comment it did not relate to either the McCanns or the mother in Bradford but to the selective sympathy shown by the media and eagerly followed by the public when it comes to the treatment of different people.

Ju, unfortunately the policeman who is being sued is not the only person who is trying to make a fast buck out of the situation. At least he isn't stringing the McCanns along in order to do it.

I have not forgotten how the media and much of the public were willing to demand that a perfectly innocent man be hung drawn and quartered simply because a single reporter had an over active imagination and how the Portuguese police were bullied into wasting time chasing nonexistant leads to pacify the demands of our media who had decided that he was so obviously guilty.