PDA

View Full Version : evening meals

emszxr
16-May-09, 20:23
looking for inspiration for some good homemade meals that are easy to cook and even can put in slow cooker to cook.

just seem to be a bit reperitive in the meals lately. oh and not too expensive as well.

kitty
17-May-09, 01:30
I feel exactly the same, always seems to be the same stuff and come shopping day i cringe because i know that i can't think of anything new. Personally, for the slow cooker, its got to be a nice beef stew, or sausage casserole, something like that.

The thing i'm making the most just now is lasagne because the bairne loves it and if he likes it, i'll keep making it. One of the cheapest good dinners i find now is making a roast chicken, always goes down a treat.

Out of interest emszxr, what is your fav dinner? it might give me an idea, or what do you like making?

denise
17-May-09, 19:57
kitty what about lasagne mad with haggis braw................

kitty
18-May-09, 17:59
That sounds nice Denise. Do you have a recipe for it :D

feegilmour
18-May-09, 19:32
hi kitty i got this recipe from denise before instead of mince just use haggis and proceed usual way hope u enjoy

kitty
19-May-09, 15:45
hi kitty i got this recipe from denise before instead of mince just use haggis and proceed usual way hope u enjoy

Thank you, i'll give it a try the next time i'm making it. :)

emszxr
01-Jun-09, 15:45
hi, my meals usually consist of venison in some form, ie, stew or mince. so we have spag bol, lasagne, mince and tatties, shepherds pie, stew, venison pie.

made stir fry other night with bit chicken which went down well. and i like these little wrapped pasta things that you buy stuffed with cheese and ham etc, very easy to cook and esp good on these hot days.

floyed
01-Jun-09, 17:10
change the quantites to your liking-

4 sausages
1 onion
1 red pepper
tin of sweetcorn
tin of carrots
gravy

fry the onions and the sauages till brown place in a casserole dish then add everything else. mix gravy mix with hot water pour into casserole dish and stick in oven till ready 30mins (approx)

I serve with mash tatties mmm!