PDA

View Full Version : Angels and Demons

teddybear1873
16-May-09, 20:13
Anyone looking forward to the sequel of the Da Vinci Code? It does look impressive so i'm looking forward to seeing this.

maidenmania
20-May-09, 00:34
Anyone looking forward to the sequel of the Da Vinci Code? It does look impressive so i'm looking forward to seeing this.

Saw tonight and thought was excellent but havent read the book so might have heightened my enjoyment. Rather being annoyed at changes and missing bits.

lynne duncan
20-May-09, 11:00
i'm really looking forward to seeing it , totally enjoyed the da vinci flm and book, haven't read angels and demons so think i'll go and get it from the library.

joxville
20-May-09, 15:22

While they were both good books in there own right the stories had nothing to do with each other, apart from both having the character Robert Langdon. Angels & Demons was actually Dan Brown's first book, The Da Vinci code his second. There were massive amounts missed out in the Da Vinci film so I'm not sure whether to go and see A & D film.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
20-May-09, 20:13
The critics I've read have panned it,but they said the same about the Da Vinci Code,which I thought was a good film.I'll have to do the same as usual and watch it and make ma mind up for masel.:DShould be good the book was excellent.:cool:

Kodiak
20-May-09, 20:30
I really enjoyed the Da Vinci Code Film and I am looking forward to seeing the Film Angels and Demons.

I am will be seeing it sometime in the next week :D

I have not read either of the books and this did not stop my enjoyment of the first film and I hope the same happens for the 2nd film.

Shabbychic
23-May-09, 12:15
I didn't really like the Da Vinci Code. Having read "The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail" and "The Messianic Legacy" in the 80s, there was nothing really new in the Da Vinci Code. On top of that, I think Dan Brown is a terrible writer. He tends to pad his books out with a load of bumph, instead of getting to the point, and repeats himself over and over again.

The film was well made, and Hanks did the role well, but I tend to class these religious films in the same vein as Vampires and Werewolves, and at times find them more believable.

I'll probably watch Angels and Demons when it comes on Sky, but wouldn't go out my way to watch it. You never know though, I might be pleasantly surprised this time.

lynne duncan
05-Jun-09, 14:12
getting to see it on wednesday night, bliss a small tub of salt popcorn and a film to watch with no kids yelling mum every 2 secs

maverick
14-Jun-09, 11:10
Went to the Cinema last night to see Angels and Demons, and have to admit that I was not dissapointed, the movie was totally brilliant from the start to the very end.

Flashman
04-Jul-09, 12:03
Went to the Cinema last night to see Angels and Demons, and have to admit that I was not dissapointed, the movie was totally brilliant from the start to the very end.

Yeah it is a more solid film than the first one, would not say it is brilliant but definatly enjoyable to watch.

lynne duncan
05-Jul-09, 11:40
watch the film first and just about finished the book, really enjoyed both, but it makes you wonder about the changes between the film and the book, couldn't believe the changes between the characters
still really enjoyed it

brandy
05-Jul-09, 20:48
really liked it.. was trying to figure everything out from the begining! kept me on my toes!

Flashman
05-Jul-09, 21:05
getting to see it on wednesday night, bliss a small tub of salt popcorn and a film to watch with no kids yelling mum every 2 secs

Salted Popcorn... GOOD CHOICE! ;)

Everyone I go to the cinema with always pick sweet

The Angel Of Death
09-Jul-09, 15:14
Thought the film itself was ok nothing special first one was better if you ask me but a watch all the same

And salted popcorn is guff butterkist caramel rules :)

golach
07-Oct-09, 15:00
Just been to see this film, entertaining, but the book was by far the better entertainment.

fudge100
08-Oct-09, 00:15
Brilliant film,worth going to see.

catnip
08-Oct-09, 19:15
I read the book ages ago and I said to snarfer that it would make a great film with really good special effects.

The movie was good but did not live up to the standard of the book, I really think that both the books, angels and da vinci need to be read to get the full understanding before watching the films.

I am now on chapter 30 of the new book the lost symbol by Dan Brown.

crayola
10-Oct-09, 12:18
Who cares about the film, the real life version is here! :eek:

'Al-Qaeda-link' Cern worker held (http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8299668.stm)

Cedric Farthsbottom III
22-Oct-09, 00:20
The critics I've read have panned it,but they said the same about the Da Vinci Code,which I thought was a good film.I'll have to do the same as usual and watch it and make ma mind up for masel.:DShould be good the book was excellent.:cool:

What?Have seen the film now.Disappointed.A boring film with one big explosion.Ron Howard do us a favour don't even attempt to make a film out of 'The Lost Symbol'

Gizmo
23-Oct-09, 22:31
Angels & Demons was a good action movie that was ruined by awful dialogue, the dialogue was basically constructed so that stupid Americans would be able to follow the plot.

retrodj
15-Dec-09, 12:18
Picked this up for a fiver at tescos the other week. Wanted to see it for ages.
When we did eventually sit down to watch it i was again, very disappointed. The book is streets ahead of the film.
It's better than da-vinci, but no where near what i'd class as a great film.
If you have read the book you WILL be disappointed with the film.
Tom Hanks should never have been cast as langdon, and ron howard should not make the third installment if it is ever green-lit.