PDA

View Full Version : Tesco value curry sauce

annthracks
16-May-09, 19:43
not raking up an old thread from last year, but just bought some on the basis of said thread. It was delicious - two packs of value chargrilled chicken (£1 each) two old boil in the bag rice and one tin of sauce (7p still) mmmm-mm

edit: serves two :-)

bekisman
16-May-09, 22:09
Yes you are right, back 10th Jan 2008 it was 7p (seven) for a 390g tin.. lovely!

ShelleyCowie
16-May-09, 23:39
My mum swears by that curry sauce! I cant stand curry at all but she loves that stuff. She adds in her own stuff too like mushrooms, onions and sultanas.

To me its mingin...but she has like 20 tins o the stuff! :confused

sevenfortyseven
17-May-09, 00:44
mmm i know what im having for dinner tomoro nite!!

annthracks
17-May-09, 10:38
I think we'll be buying some more today :)

Matthew
18-May-09, 15:13
You'll love it until you find out what's really in the 7p curry sauce :Razz

bekisman
18-May-09, 16:04
"You'll love it until you find out what's really in the 7p curry sauce "

Go on then tell us

bekisman
03-Jun-09, 18:05
Today's News: Weekly curry 'may fight dementia' Eating a curry once or twice a week could help prevent the onset of Alzheimer's disease and dementia, a US researcher suggests..

AND today in Tesco 'our' curry is now only 6p a tin! ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8080630.stm

Rheghead
03-Jun-09, 22:10
Today's News: Weekly curry 'may fight dementia' Eating a curry once or twice a week could help prevent the onset of Alzheimer's disease and dementia, a US researcher suggests..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8080630.stm

Interesting link there. However, I remain unconvinced but still open to the possibility, eating curry is still advisable. Could it possibly be that there may be other causal social factors at work here? I mean could it be that the class of people who generally are more prone to get Alzhiemers disease ie the aged (please no any age can get it comments, I am fully aware ty) are the type to eat no curry anyway? :confused

Back then during the study sample's prime of life, eating curry could have been a 'middle class' or 'better cultured' activity, attracting types with better all round diets, educations etc.

Ricco
07-Jun-09, 09:39
My mum swears by that curry sauce! I cant stand curry at all but she loves that stuff. She adds in her own stuff too like mushrooms, onions and sultanas.

To me its mingin...but she has like 20 tins o the stuff! :confused

Sultanas??? In a curry?? Oh, how school mealish! Youk!:eek:

bekisman
12-Nov-09, 16:52
Shock Horror! Bleeding Sauce was 4p yesterday, today 12p!!!! what's the world coming to?

Cedric Farthsbottom III
12-Nov-09, 18:04
The Tesco value curry sauce is ace,the Tesco Value Sweet and Sour sauce is total bliss.Even the chickens agree.:lol::lol:

goldenguernsey
12-Nov-09, 18:27
seen it last night at 4 pence a tin, in Wick store.

bekisman
12-Nov-09, 18:39
"seen it last night at 4 pence a tin, in Wick store." it was at 1.30pm today; 12th Nov! good job I've got a stock of it in..

goldenguernsey
12-Nov-09, 18:49
so what's really in it? does anyone know?

BINBOB
12-Nov-09, 19:59
Do they REALLY want to know?????:roll::D

Serenity
12-Nov-09, 21:07
so what's really in it? does anyone know?
Just checked, nothing bad, maybe a little too much salt. Water, tomato purée, onion, vegetable oil, sugar, modified maize starch, wheat flour, spices, sultanas, salt, acidity regulator (citric acid), garlic powder.
I would be a lot more concerned about what has been injected into the OP's value chargrilled chicken before and after it's death. But hey that is probably another thread.
As to the taste of it I can't comment. The tin has sat in the cupboard since bought when we originally saw this thread. Will need to try it some day but as someone said it seems a bit school meal/granny/60's style curry and that's not really our thing. But hey it's there, needs used.

goldenguernsey
12-Nov-09, 21:48
[QUOTE=Serenity;619634]Just checked, nothing bad, maybe a little too much salt. Water, tomato purée, onion, vegetable oil, sugar, modified maize starch, wheat flour, spices, sultanas, salt, acidity regulator (citric acid), garlic powder.

thanks for that, doesn't sound too bad then

pentlander
13-Nov-09, 14:07
Just checked, nothing bad, maybe a little too much salt. Water, tomato purée, onion, vegetable oil, sugar, modified maize starch, wheat flour, spices, sultanas, salt, acidity regulator (citric acid), garlic powder.
I would be a lot more concerned about what has been injected into the OP's value chargrilled chicken before and after it's death. But hey that is probably another thread.
As to the taste of it I can't comment. The tin has sat in the cupboard since bought when we originally saw this thread. Will need to try it some day but as someone said it seems a bit school meal/granny/60's style curry and that's not really our thing. But hey it's there, needs used.
The cheapest available Water,
The cheapest available tomato purée,
The cheapest available onion,
The cheapest available vegetable oil,
The cheapest available sugar,
The cheapest available modified maize starch,
The cheapest available wheat flour,
The cheapest available spices,
The cheapest available sultanas,
The cheapest available salt,
The cheapest available acidity regulator (citric acid),
The cheapest available garlic powder.

Fixed it for you.

Serenity
13-Nov-09, 16:02
The cheapest available Water,
The cheapest available tomato purée,
The cheapest available onion,
The cheapest available vegetable oil,
The cheapest available sugar,
The cheapest available modified maize starch,
The cheapest available wheat flour,
The cheapest available spices,
The cheapest available sultanas,
The cheapest available salt,
The cheapest available acidity regulator (citric acid),
The cheapest available garlic powder.

Fixed it for you.

Well obviously but what difference is that going to make to most of those ingredients? Fact is it may not be quality food but there is nothing "bad" in it.