PDA

View Full Version : Bridge Cafe

Kevin Milkins
16-May-09, 19:31
No, not the one in Bridge Street Wick, but the one in Westfield Road Acton London.

For those that are fans of the Apprentice this is the café were Sir Allan Sugar sends the losing team to debrief before they are called into the bored room for one of them to be fired.

Coincidently this café was also in close proximity to the Jack the Stripper murders of the 1960 and my brother is almost at completion of writing a book about it.

My brother was down London doing research for the book and called into Bridge Café for some lunch and got talking to the owner about the murders and he said he can remember them well as his dad, Marc Angelo owned the café at that time and he and his brother (Jerry and Frank) run it together now.

He was telling my brother about the new found fame for the café being featured on the Apprentice and he had a reporter, Scott Haskett from the daily star coming around to do a feature on it. As the café was busy at the time my brother said “I will write to you when I get home” which he did and also sent Jerry the newspaper article from the daily mail about his book.

Anyway, to cut a long story short Jerry was telling the reporter about the 1960’s murders and Neil’s book and he contacted Neil and is doing a story on it in tomorrows Daily Star on Sunday.:Razz

Kevin Milkins
17-May-09, 11:58
It is a good full page write up (page 15). I have never read the Daily Star before as I thought it was a bit like the sport, but it is a good paper.

poppett
17-May-09, 13:17
If you post the headline I will look it up online.

Sounds interesting. When the book is published I would be interested in reading it, and possibly doing a book review for a book club I belong to online.

Venture
17-May-09, 13:24
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/80977/Serial-killer-link-to-Apprentice-cafe/

This is the link to the article.

poppett
17-May-09, 19:50
Thank you Venture. An interesting article indeed.

Kevin Milkins
17-May-09, 22:12
Thank you for posting the link Venture.

When the book is out Poppett I will get one sorted for you. I spoke to Neil today and although the book is about complete there seems to be something else of interest that crops up that may need to be included.

It is not the book in itself that is of interest to me, but all the little things that seem to crop up as a result of his reserch that I find facinating, such as the acid bath murders took place in the same area.:eek: