PDA

View Full Version : Are you differnt on the internet?

Fluff
16-May-09, 19:14
The dirty looks thread got me thinking about peoples behaviour. I think sometimes people on the internet hide behind their user name, and say things that they would never dream of in person.
I only type what I would be prepared to say to someone during a normal conversation.
So orgers, do you find yourself being more confident or different on the internet/message boards etc..?

Alice in Blunderland
16-May-09, 19:18
I am exactly the same on the org and off. :)

I attend org nights out on occassion as I dont mind people knowing who I am as I have nothing to hide.

Iris
16-May-09, 19:18
I think we are all a bit different to a certain extent when we are using forums like this. At the very least our sentences are better thought out and constructed because we can't type as fast as we speak!;)
Also it gives us a little while to work out what we are going to say.....engaging brain before fingers! lol;)

Gizmo
16-May-09, 19:30
I'm a little bit different on the Org, I have to be, In real life i can be very blunt, I don't mess around with my words, I say it like it is and I don't suffer fools, on the Org i'm pretty polite...for me anyway :D

Alice in Blunderland
16-May-09, 19:31
I'm a little bit different on the Org, I have to be, In real life i can be very blunt, I don't mess around with my words, I say it like it is and I don't suffer fools, on the Org i'm pretty polite...for me anyway :D

mmm Im now wondering what you would truly have posted on the other thread about punctuation ?? :eek: :lol:

celtic lass
16-May-09, 19:37
The dirty looks thread got me thinking about peoples behaviour. I think sometimes people on the internet hide behind their user name, and say things that they would never dream of in person.
I only type what I would be prepared to say to someone during a normal conversation.
So orgers, do you find yourself being more confident or different on the internet/message boards etc..?
i have to agree with you on this one.I dont think some people would have the nerve to say it face to face what they reply to in the threads as for me i say what i have to say like it or lump it but i would not set out to hurt or belittle anybody thats just NASTY

Kevin Milkins
16-May-09, 19:38
I am exactly the same on the org and off. :)

I attend org nights out on occassion as I dont mind people knowing who I am as I have nothing to hide.

Ditto,

However, I do tend to sit in my underpants a lot at home:eek: and I promise not to do that on an org night out.:lol:

Alice in Blunderland
16-May-09, 19:41
Ditto,

However, I do tend to sit in my underpants a lot at home and I promise not to do that on an org night out.:lol:

:lol: :lol: Why would the wife kill you. Ohh the shame of it.

joxville
16-May-09, 19:43
I'm pretty much the same off the internet, though I have had to tone down a great deal what I say on here. :)

Gizmo
16-May-09, 19:44
Ditto,

However, I do tend to sit in my underpants a lot at home:eek: and I promise not to do that on an org night out.:lol:

If i ever walk into spoons and see a bloke sitting in his under crackers i'll know what's going on :lol:

changilass
16-May-09, 19:47
I really do hope that some folks are different in real life - if not then there are a lot more nasty folks out there than I thought.

catran
16-May-09, 20:36
I really do hope that some folks are different in real life - if not then there are a lot more nasty folks out there than I thought.
Totally agree, I got accused of being nasty but I am not really and it upset me somewhat but again I think there is a lot of whatever on the org. so now I refrain from making any comments which might upset a certain element. In fact I vowed i would go walk abouts and not come back. However, thought give it one more go but it does not appear to improved any so I am just about to do a walk about for ever. Cannot compete with all the intellectuals on this forum that is for sure........Ha ha and I am not drunk as once suggested by one orger. I do not frequent Weatherspoons.

Alice in Blunderland
16-May-09, 21:16

I think the org isnt that bad. Its like every where else a right mix of folk.

Some you will like some you will not, all different types of people.

It would be a boring place if we were all the same. :)

Vistravi
16-May-09, 21:32
I am just me, here and in the real world:cool:

Like Jox and Gizmo i have to tone down what i say as i am incredible blunt and to the point. A trait that would only get me banned and make more enemies :roll:

Fran
17-May-09, 01:32
I am no different on here as i am in "real life", just the same. I dont mind people knowing who i am but i dont think many do, so maybe thats a good thing!!

horseman
17-May-09, 07:30
Fran- you allways come across as a nice egg''':D

percy toboggan
17-May-09, 07:55
I'm probably a little more abrasive in real life.
That's why I have few friends and live in
a cave on t'moors like.

Ricco
22-May-09, 23:01
Hi, Fluff. No, I'm me. No different than the real thing. :D

joxville
22-May-09, 23:08
I'm even more handsome off the internet. :cool:

Fran
23-May-09, 01:55
Joxville, i might just check that out in August when I am down near Brighton!!!!

Lolabelle
23-May-09, 03:37
I actually think I'm more careful online than in real life. I'm kinda known for being a bit abrupt. But I'm working on that! LOL :Razz

rockchick
23-May-09, 08:47
I actually find it easier to communicate online than I do in person - I don't speak particularly well, especially with people I am unfamiliar withl, and find it much easier to type what I want to say rather than using my voice. I can't stutter online!!!

Mrs Bucket
23-May-09, 11:13
I actually find it easier to communicate online than I do in person - I don't speak particularly well, especially with people I am unfamiliar withl, and find it much easier to type what I want to say rather than using my voice. I can't stutter online!!!

I am the same