PDA

View Full Version : devine inspiration

wicker
30-Oct-03, 13:28
For all looking for a good night out this weekend then i recommend coming to wicks local nightclub and see devine inspiration, most famous for the song released earlier this year the way (put your hand in my hand), top 5 hit if i remember rightly.
£8 before 11pm and £10 thereafter.

champagnebaby
30-Oct-03, 19:44
Yeah and so's Des Mitchell and Heidi Hives from Invergordon - she's lethal on the decks!! :D

Check out http://www.desmitchell.com/

George Brims
04-Nov-03, 02:54
But why would you want to listen to that stuff when the world is full of MUSIC?

Anonymous
04-Nov-03, 17:43
A quick search in google and....

http://www.lewrockwell.com/north/north51.html

I only read the first two paragraphs, but it seemed to reply to George's post :roll:

George Brims
05-Nov-03, 00:27
Hmm. Niall's post seems to be about the 50s and 60s. I don't really remember the 50s much, at least in terms of music. My musical tastes were mostly formed in the 60s, although they evolve to this day (I have found one disadvantage of keeping up with the times is that your offspring keep running off with your CDs).

As for the stuff mentioned in the first two posts, it's not even that it's fairly simplistic and repetitive (every era has GOOD music that could be described thus). It's that simplistic and repetitiive is ALL it is. It contains no spark of originality at all. That stuff explains the popularity of many illicit chemicals. You would have to be seriously stoned to get anything out of it.

Anonymous
05-Nov-03, 11:34
:D

Actually my post was about the attitude of parents (and their generation) to the music of their offspring.

Of course you think these thoughts about the music of today's youth, you're just as "too old" to understand why they like it as your parents generation were.

You would think that people who are from the era (broadly) when this attitude first emerged and was first discussed would know not to bother inflicting it on the youth of today.

Personally, at 32, I'm way too old to appreciate most of what in the charts these days, but not so old that I'm going to try and claim that the music of my generation was any better. As far as I can see there have been muppets of equal merit (or lack of) in every era of music.

Repetition, however, has been around for a lot longer than then recent pop charts:

http://www.soyouwanna.com/site/syws/classical/classical2.html

see the paragraph on "Theme and Variation" :roll:

champagnebaby
06-Nov-03, 01:44
Each to their own George :D

I thought it was great, much better than the usual music they play in the Waterfront(in my opinion).

Shame they didn't put things like that on more often.

codex
06-Nov-03, 17:10
Thanks to all that Attended!

The next Instalment's soon to be announced

champagnebaby
06-Nov-03, 19:09
I heard that Frantic are supposed to be putting on a night around the 28th November in the Waterfront, someone said they seen fliers in Brora?!?!?!?!

wicker
07-Nov-03, 09:06
thats news to me, but will find out and let you all know as soon as i find out.

wicker
21-Nov-03, 08:12
hey champagebaby you were right.
On friday 28th a night of frenetic, djs are supermarco, leon luv-joy and doogy vipon.

from 9pm - 2am
£5 before 10.30 and then £7 after that.

champagnebaby
21-Nov-03, 12:10
Yeah i seen fliers in Thurso yesterday, don't think i'll be going though :~(

Too flammin skint and i got work on the Saturday :roll:

wicker
21-Nov-03, 13:29
i only heard about it last night.
dont know what like it will be though, probably just work it instead of drinking at it, mmm debating what to do

Doolally
21-Nov-03, 20:45
Geez Niall, your sounding like an old man. You only 32!!

Maybe you should get out more? :confused

Anonymous
22-Nov-03, 12:33
Old? How so?

Mabee if there was a place in the town where a 32 year old could go, without being subjected to drunken children, auld alchoholics, over zealous security regulations, etc etc I would go out more often.