PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know?

porshiepoo
06-Mar-06, 19:28
Does anyone know of anywhere between Wick & Inverness where I can buy bales of shredded paper?
It makes great beds for the dogs in their kennels.
Thanks.

simpsoney
06-Mar-06, 20:06
We have quite a few bin bags of shredded paper at my work and we have no where to get rid of it. I could have a word and see if you could have them if that is any use? Will let you know.

porshiepoo
06-Mar-06, 20:57
That would be great!
You could get yourself quite a little business going on there, I bet theres a few people that would find a need for it.

Mr P Cannop
06-Mar-06, 23:01
i have some shredded paper

Fran
06-Mar-06, 23:57
Does anyone know of anywhere between Wick & Inverness where I can buy bales of shredded paper?
It makes great beds for the dogs in their kennels.
Thanks.
Have you tried the hospital, they have tons of it every evening.

porshiepoo
07-Mar-06, 02:14
Thanks for the replies.
Mr Cannop, I'd be most interested if you have a decent amount. Not being picky it's just the dogs beds are huge affairs and need to be quite deep otherwise they'll end up with elbow sores. Nasty!
Fran, i never thought to try the hospital. Thanks for that!

Mr P Cannop
07-Mar-06, 07:53
how much do you need ??

porshiepoo
07-Mar-06, 09:14
Gosh, I'd say at least 4 bin bags.
Their beds are really quite big and although their kennels are insulated and heated, the bedding needs to be quite thick for danes as they don't have thick coats to protest those areas that get rubbed.

Mr P Cannop
07-Mar-06, 23:03
Gosh, I'd say at least 4 bin bags.
Their beds are really quite big and although their kennels are insulated and heated, the bedding needs to be quite thick for danes as they don't have thick coats to protest those areas that get rubbed.

am working to get you that might be a few weeks or so

porshiepoo
07-Mar-06, 23:08
Thanks for that Mr Cannop. Whenever you're ready just give me a pm and I'll come pick them up.
Thanks again.

dragonfly
07-Mar-06, 23:16
you might be able to get some from this company in Golspie (http://www.kirkland.ltd.uk/grean.htm)

Fran
07-Mar-06, 23:20
If you phone the hospital 605050 ask for kay oswald. good luck. hope you get it as they have bags and bags every evebning which get binned.

simpsoney
08-Mar-06, 12:20
The only thing to be careful of porshie, is if there is staples or paper clips in the shredded paper. I know the new shredder we have got can shred staples and paper clips etc as well as credit cards and cd's! Although i am sure if you emptyed the bags and gave them a good shake then the staples etc would fall out. Could be nasty if you are using it for dogs bedding.

I can get you 5 or 6 bin bags that only contain shredded paper. Do you want them?

porshiepoo
08-Mar-06, 18:42
Most definately simpsonay. Just tell me when and where to pick them up.

Thanks.

ice box
08-Mar-06, 22:21
Another thing you can do porshie is if you buy a shredder you can shred all your old newspaper and magazine just a thought .

krieve
08-Mar-06, 22:29
Thats a great idea icebox shredders are pretty cheap now .