PDA

View Full Version : Curry V Fish @ Chips,

cuddlepop
16-May-09, 16:41
Oh decisions decisions,just cant make my mind up about what I want for my tea tonight.
Chinese chicken curry or fish &chips from the van.Both are yummy but cant have both obviously.:Razz

Should really be eating left over shepherds pie but late'll freeze.

Well how would you make up your mind?

Oh tells me no matter what I chose I'll have wanted the other.....me never.;)

Kodiak
16-May-09, 16:55
The Mobile Chip Van is closed as he is getting new equipment fitted. He will be back to his regular schedule from Monday the 18th May. Click on link below for the latest news.

http://www.chef4celebrations.com/

cuddlepop
16-May-09, 17:02
The Mobile Chip Van is closed as he is getting new equipment fitted. He will be back to his regular schedule from Monday the 18th May. Click on link below for the latest news.

http://www.chef4celebrations.com/

But our ones open,sometimes it pays to live here.;)

Amy-Winehouse
16-May-09, 17:09
Fish & Chips EVERY time over curry, I prefer to buy Haddicks from the fish shop on High street & make it myself. Cant really suffer Curry Im afraid

Fluff
16-May-09, 17:19
Curry can be nice, but there is so mch stuff to go with it. Naan, bhaji, rice etc.. where as fish and chips, just some bread and butter!

Fish and chips everytime.

Kodiak
16-May-09, 17:20
OK OK I forgot where you live, silly me !! :roll:

In that case Fish & Chips every time. :D

trix
16-May-09, 17:22
i wid hev curry....da lek a lot o' chips.

healthier for ye too ;)

thinkin o' hevin a curry masel enite....

cook or buy....ats what i hev til decide on!

elamanya
16-May-09, 17:22
well just gonna phone for a bangladesh phal, with lemon and cashew nut rice, and a sweet nan, bottle of wine and then not move for the night .... ...... move in the morning tho .... lol

cuddlepop
16-May-09, 17:40
Sinuses playing up so Chicken Curry going to win tonight.:D

joxville
Oh decisions decisions,just cant make my mind up about what I want for my tea tonight.
Chinese chicken curry or fish &chips from the van.Both are yummy but cant have both obviously.:Razz

Thanks a-blooming-lot Cuddlepop, I had intended having a salad. I love curries and fish & chips-now you've got me wanting one or the other!! I can go the chippy and get fed for free-my sister-in-law is the Manageress, or next door to chippy is my favourite Indian restaurant.

Decisions decisions. :)

alanatkie
I like both but would go for the curry.
Why not have a prawn curry with chips that way you are having fish, chips & curry :lol:

Kodiak
16-May-09, 17:41
What ever you decide I hope you Enjoy it and don't get any indegestion.

cuddlepop
16-May-09, 17:47
What ever you decide I hope you Enjoy it and don't get any indegestion.

Gaviscon at the ready Kodiak.:eek:

You never struck me as a salad man Jovi,more a meat & two veg.;)

joxville
16-May-09, 18:13
You are quite correct...I am normally a salad dodger but fancied a change. Shall have the salad another night-I've ordered a curry, just off to collect it. :D

Gizmo
16-May-09, 18:19
Curry curry curry, if you want Fish & Chips without having to go to the chippie, just grab a bottle of vegetable oil and take a few swigs, it's the same thing :p

Tighsonas4
16-May-09, 19:24
i wid hev curry....da lek a lot o' chips.

healthier for ye too ;)

thinkin o' hevin a curry masel enite....

cook or buy....ats what i hev til decide on!
best thing e an do is start on e cooking lessons now kid [lol] [lol] tony

Alice in Blunderland
16-May-09, 19:29
You are quite correct...I am normally a salad dodger but fancied a change. Shall have the salad another night-I've ordered a curry, just off to collect it. :D

Jox my friend.

I have just made a large pan of Biryani and some dhal Ill save you some and you can get it when you collect me for that dinner date you promised. ;) :lol:

joxville
16-May-09, 19:46
I've checked my diary and I'm afraid I can't make the date Alice...it clashes with the night that I'm getting my hair cut. :Razz

Kevin Milkins
16-May-09, 20:36
Here is a good compromise, try a Loyd Grossman pasta sauce with fresh pasta and wild mushroom; they are very tasty and easy to make in a couple of minutes.

They are in a 360g jar, which is plenty for two people, and they are on offer in Tesco at the moment half price “about 86p a jar”. (I have since seen them at less than half price in Lidl, about 80p a jar).:confused

I bought Tomato & Wild Mushroom, Tomato & Basil, and Tomato & Chilli. We have had the first two and they are tasty.

Alice in Blunderland
16-May-09, 20:38
I've checked my diary and I'm afraid I can't make the date Alice...it clashes with the night that I'm getting my hair cut. :Razz

With a head of hair like yours you will obviously be all night in the hairdressers. :eek: :lol:

I have to say Im a curry fan as I dont like batter and not fussed on chips.

Gizmo
16-May-09, 21:05
Here is a good compromise, try a Loyd Grossman pasta sauce with fresh pasta and wild mushroom; they are very tasty and easy to make in a couple of minutes.

They are in a 360g jar, which is plenty for two people, and they are on offer in Tesco at the moment half price “about 86p a jar”. (I have since seen them at less than half price in Lidl, about 80p a jar).:confused

I bought Tomato & Wild Mushroom, Tomato & Basil, and Tomato & Chilli. We have had the first two and they are tasty.

The Loyd Grossman sauces are excellent, strong flavours, without being over-powering, the Smoked Bacon flavour is my favourite.

Vistravi
16-May-09, 22:35
Curry every time. my partner likes it super hot but has to tone it down for me. he tends to make it, serve mine and then add chilli flakes and what not for his serving.

But mind you fish and chips is good when in the mood. I don't eat alot of chips bout once in a blue moon to be honest. Like fishy meals but can't have them when himself is home during offshore trips as he;s allergic to it and just the smell makes him feel sick. A luxury to enjoy for both me and the cats when he's away working ;)

Kevin Milkins
16-May-09, 23:35
The Loyd Grossman sauces are excellent, strong flavours, without being over-powering, the Smoked Bacon flavour is my favourite.

I will be stocking up on a few more of these before the price goes up again.

Fran
17-May-09, 01:26
Definetly a curry everytime - have fish and chips next week. i had fish and chips tonight, lovely, but fattening, but i was working so thats my excuse!!

percy toboggan
17-May-09, 07:58
No contest.
Curry is awful, stinking muck and has no place
in my home. If people with me choose to eat it I sit somewhere else.
Fish and Chips every time - absolutely no comparison.

Why 'curry' ever caught on outside of its natural home God only knows.

Whereas well cooked and lightly battered fish is a delicious accompaniment to medium sized chips.A generous splash of malt vinegar and a shake o' salt completes a treat - although some may opt for a dollop of tomato ketchup too.

Food of Britain - natural delights for an island race surrounded by the sea.

Alice in Blunderland
17-May-09, 08:00
Why 'curry' ever caught on outside of its natural home God only knows.

Its because most of them are over here ;)

percy toboggan
17-May-09, 08:03
Its because most of them are over here ;)

A tongue in cheek comment no doubt Alice , and thankfully very far from the truth.
I'm glad you like a good curry - to each their own and it would be dull if we were all the same.

I just can't understand why anyone wants to keep on tasting their food ten minute after they swallowed it.

Rheghead
17-May-09, 08:25
Pah, Fish 'n' chips. Foreign muck.

A Sephardi jewish fish meal and a deep fried French potatoes side-dish combo.

Give me a great british curry any day.

joxville
17-May-09, 10:34
A tongue in cheek comment no doubt Alice , and thankfully very far from the truth.
I'm glad you like a good curry - to each their own and it would be dull if we were all the same.

I just can't understand why anyone wants to keep on tasting their food ten minute after they swallowed it.

Have you ever tried a curry percy? I've never had any after effects from eating curry, nor tasted it ten minutes after eating, though one food which does repeat terribly on me is cucumber-which happens to be a traditionally British favourite on salads and sandwiches! I think it's the more cosmopolitan amongst us who like to open their minds (and mouths) to trying foreign foods, though I must admit to hating pasta.

Venture
17-May-09, 10:51
Have you ever tried a curry percy? I've never had any after effects from eating curry, nor tasted it ten minutes after eating, though one food which does repeat terribly on me is cucumber-which happens to be a traditionally British favourite on salads and sandwiches! I think it's the more cosmopolitan amongst us who like to open their minds (and mouths) to trying foreign foods, though I must admit to hating pasta.

A wee tip for you Jox. When you prepare salads at home with cucumber, slice it in half and scoop out all the seeds and then chop it up. It's the seeds that cause it to repeat on you.;)

Invisible
17-May-09, 11:07

Fish and Chips

cuddlepop
17-May-09, 17:42
Well as i predicted I had a chicken curry and wished I had fish @chips.
The sauce was different and the chicken was dry.

So disappointed I had to have that extra glass of red.

Medicinal purposes you understand.The curry sauce was suppose to relieve the presure from sinuses but just didnt have the usual kick.:lol:

Rheghead
17-May-09, 18:17
Why not fish + chips and curry sauce or even gravy? Best of both worlds then. It really is nice, especially with gravy.

Oh I forgot, Scottish chippies don't do moists.:roll:

cuddlepop
17-May-09, 18:20
Why not fish + chips and curry sauce or even gravy? Best of both worlds then. It really is nice, especially with gravy.

Oh I forgot, Scottish chippies don't do moists.:roll:

I should have thought of that last night that would have solved my delema.

Brilliants thanks Rheghead:D

Amy-Winehouse
17-May-09, 19:22
Curry curry curry, if you want Fish & Chips without having to go to the chippie, just grab a bottle of vegetable oil and take a few swigs, it's the same thing :p

Aye, but healthy options fish Gizmo, you dont have to fry them- I often have them grilled with oven chips. If I do fry anything its done in olive oil but thats not often

Vistravi
17-May-09, 20:15
[quote=cuddlepop;549854Medicinal purposes you understand.The curry sauce was suppose to relieve the presure from sinuses but just didnt have the usual kick.[/quote]

Ah well cuddlepop a bit of chilli flakes, paprika and away you go. Who said there was no room for inspriation? lol ;)

Gizmo
17-May-09, 20:34
Aye, but healthy options fish Gizmo, you dont have to fry them- I often have them grilled with oven chips. If I do fry anything its done in olive oil but thats not often

Aye, but i was talking about chippie F&C, grease ridden muck, oven F&C are fine in moderation.