PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla firefox

goldenguernsey
15-May-09, 17:17
Doe anyone know why Firefox would suddenly just not work? It was fine until a couple of weeks ago and then it just won't launch??? I tried uninstalling it and then re installing it but no luck, any advice would be appreciated as I prefer it to IE
thanx

blueivy
15-May-09, 17:32
Doe anyone know why Firefox would suddenly just not work? It was fine until a couple of weeks ago and then it just won't launch??? I tried uninstalling it and then re installing it but no luck, any advice would be appreciated as I prefer it to IE
thanx

Does it appear on the task bar? If you press Ctrl-Alt-Del and select Task Manager does firefox.exe appear in the list under the Processes tab?

goldenguernsey
15-May-09, 17:51
No only if I click on the arrows bottom left it appears in a pop up list and firefox.exe doesn't appear in the task manager processes bit either.

blueivy
18-May-09, 11:14
No only if I click on the arrows bottom left it appears in a pop up list and firefox.exe doesn't appear in the task manager processes bit either.

If you go to C:\PROGRAM FILES\MOZILLA FIREFOX and double-click Firefox.exe does it appear then?

goldenguernsey
19-May-09, 17:04
there wan't a firefox.exe in the list, just firefox

blueivy
21-May-09, 17:09
there wan't a firefox.exe in the list, just firefox

That will be the same thing (you've probably got 'show extensions' turned off so the .exe but doesn't show).

goldenguernsey
21-May-09, 17:22
still nothing happens when I double click it, confused now lol