PDA

View Full Version : 18th Birthday,what did you do?

cuddlepop
15-May-09, 10:01
It will soon be my youngest 18th and we want to do something special for her.
Party's are out the question as she doesnt like growds and restaurants are just too busy just now.She is going round the pubs with her mates in the evening but wanted something I could share with her.

Think we've decided on a boat trip to Rona as long as the weather's not too bad.The Spendrift leaves from Portree and you get a few hours on shore,so not too long.

What did you do for yours or dont you remeber?;):lol:

The Angel Of Death
15-May-09, 10:03
Had a family meal and then got blotto'd good fun i think :)

percy toboggan
15-May-09, 10:26
I went out with my girlfriend who later became my fiance and is currently my wife.
I think it may have been the cinema.

Nothing special back then the eighteenth. Mind you for my twenty-first I had a couple of bottles of pale ale - my parents bought me sixty fags.

Never believed in making much of a fuss about 'milestone' birthdays. The practice seems to have crept in in the nineteen eighties, by which time I'd outgrown the notion of celebrating getting older in overly lavish ways.

Gizmo
15-May-09, 10:45
I got absolutely blootered in the Wicker bar, so blootered that i can't actually remember anything about it, it was 20 years ago though.

NLP
15-May-09, 10:50
I babysat for my sister, I remember her saying you have to get a bottle of vodka in now you are 18 I went and got a half bottle and she drank it.

lynne duncan
15-May-09, 12:23
got pie eyed when i should have been piping then got frog marched off the field where i should have been piping (mind you i thought i was playing the right tune!!) then somehow or other flagged down a taxi who knew where i stayed to take me home (though my mother was waiting at the other side of the field from where we were playing. got in front door to be met by my dad, said to dad "hi dad i'm drunk going to bed to sleep it off" and the reply not very printable here!!!!! was along the lines of your grounded. woke up at somepoint and phoned my pals to say enjoy my birthday party and sorry I wouldn't make it..
mind you it put me off drinnking vodka for life.
and like gizmo i was 20 years ago

Gizmo
15-May-09, 12:43
and like gizmo i was 20 years ago

Aye, that's because we were in the same class in high school, you were ever so slightly more intelligent than i was though, never thought of you as the 'getting blootered' type :lol:

hercs22
15-May-09, 12:43
i had a family dinner then went out and got wasted with friends as it was mad friday!

Invisible
15-May-09, 13:47
My 18th was a school day but it was a snowy school day so we got sent home early, my mates chipped together to get me a guitar, so I re-payed them by inviting them round the house for a legendary party.

ellimac
15-May-09, 14:46
I went out with my mates and got blootered at the Weigh Inn Dance.....Lol..... It was a great night tho............:D

dietcokegirl
15-May-09, 15:04
I had a the flu on my 18th :(
More than made up for it the following weekend though!

Bazeye
15-May-09, 15:15
Cant really remember what I did for mine but its probably safe to assume drink was involved.

oldmarine
15-May-09, 15:24
I spent my 18th birthday in the Pacific fighting against the Japanese Empire as a United States Marine. Wasn't sure I would ever get back to the States, but finally pulled through after 36 months island hopping and winding up in North China. Got home February 7, 1946 after leaving for the Marine Corps September 4, 1942.

:lol::lol:

dietcokegirl
15-May-09, 15:33
[quote=oldmarine;548846]I spent my 18th birthday in the Pacific fighting against the Japanese Empire as a United States Marine. Wasn't sure I would ever get back to the States, but finally pulled through after 36 months island hopping and winding up in North China. Got home February 7, 1946 after leaving for the Marine Corps September 4, 1942.

WOW! Well its safe to say you deffinately did something worthwhile on your 18th oldmarine, the rest of us just got bladdered and lost our memories, you'll never forget your 18th

cuddlepop
15-May-09, 15:41
I spent my 18th birthday in the Pacific fighting against the Japanese Empire as a United States Marine. Wasn't sure I would ever get back to the States, but finally pulled through after 36 months island hopping and winding up in North China. Got home February 7, 1946 after leaving for the Marine Corps September 4, 1942.

Now how many of us can say we spent our 18th like you did.

We're all so very gratefull for the men and woman like you who gave it your all.
Maybe if it wasnt for folk like you, my daughter wouldnt be spending her 18th in such a "free country".:D

lazytown
15-May-09, 18:04
I went for a meal to the northern sands with my girlfriend and her parents, then I got engaged, My now fiancée and I took her parents to skinandis

skinnydog
15-May-09, 21:23
You know it was that long ago I can't remember. What ever it was couldnt have been very memorable.....

Cedric Farthsbottom III
15-May-09, 21:33
Had a curry,a FEW beers,we watched Monty Pythons'Life of Brian',fell asleep in the bath.Woke up in the morning with a severe hangover.:lol::lol:

alanatkie
15-May-09, 21:38
I went on a mini pub crawl with my mates & then went to the organised party at my uncles house which was a joint party with my Mum as she was 50 the day after i was 18.

Kodiak
15-May-09, 21:50
On my 18th Birthday I worked all day, at that point in time I was a Ladies Hairstylist. Well not quite as I had at that time 3 weeks to go until I finished my Apprenticeship and then a further 2 Years as an Inprover and then I would be a Qualfied Ladies Hairdtylist.

So I worked all day and after work I went home and had a drink with my family and then early to bed as I had an early start the next day it being a Saturday and we started work at 7am.

So my 18th Birthday was just another day for me but my 21st, WOW, now that was a P A R T Y to end all Parties.

poppett
15-May-09, 22:20
Had my first legal drink in Viewfirth at a dance with "The Coasters".

cuddlepop
16-May-09, 18:30
Its funny now that going tp the pub to have your first legal drink when we were growing was a big deal but now its seems its less important.

Either that or she's "fainted" at the price of a round.

Not much change from a £10 for 3 drinks and they wonder why pubs are closing as fast as they are.:(

alex
16-May-09, 21:01
My 18th was at the Greenbelt Christian Music Festival (a Christian thingy with bands like Glastonbury but without the mud and drugs). My Mum had made a cake with candles and stuff, which we carried safely to the destination but it got seriously damaged once we had set up camp and there were so many people around I only got a mouthful in the end.

Still my friend Andy and I got to talk to Steve Wright who was doing an outside broadcast - reason being Andy was wearing totally dark round shades and the hapless DJ thought he was blind and I was his guide!

I don't think our sound bite got broadcast though...

Wonder what happened to Andy, we lost touch after I stole his girlfriend... and then I lost her in Edinburgh to some clever bloke at uni [evil] I had the foresight to chuck her before she went up though (I knew it would happen).

iain
16-May-09, 21:15

Thank you,respect to you and your brothers.

Me chances are I was pished as I lived in Ormlie Lodge and ran bikes so I think it was compulsory !!!

newlin
16-May-09, 21:30
One of my school friends had his birthday the day before me so we had a joint party in the local pub on his birthday and continued partying to my birthday the next day.

Buttercup
16-May-09, 23:10
Spent my 18th working as usual and at night just went to bed. Had just moved to a different Nurses Home the weekend before, leaving all my friends behind and my boyfriend 120 miles away. :( (made up for it the following weeked though! ;))