PDA

View Full Version : Seven till midnight? Caithness FM

alex
14-May-09, 22:54
Do you listen to this station? Please don't spoil the stats by saying you're in Australia :roll:

Kevin Milkins
14-May-09, 23:18
No, I have not tuned in yet, but I am spending a lot of time in the greenhouse just now and have the radio on so I will tune in and report back in due course.:D

Moira
14-May-09, 23:20
Yes, I'm listening to our very own Bob Johnson right now with his "Future Legends" show. :D

canuck
14-May-09, 23:32
I don't live in Caithness and I've never listened to the station, so I won't vote. But I have met Future Legends.

*Martin*
14-May-09, 23:35
I would prefer being able to get MFR!

dirdyweeker
15-May-09, 15:27
Can only listen to it in the car of an evening when out and about. Cannot get 'tuned' in at home. If reception improved would certainly listen more.

annthracks
15-May-09, 16:02

me too. as far as I'm concerned the words "country" and "music" should never appear in the same sentence LOL

Kevin Milkins
16-May-09, 00:50
I tried to get tuned in in the green house tonight and failed.:(

Dont be offended though because I can't get Steve Wright in the afternoon either.:confused

Do I need a sailite?

Aaldtimer
16-May-09, 02:49
I tried to get tuned in in the green house tonight and failed.:(

Dont be offended though because I can't get Steve Wright in the afternoon either.:confused

Do I need a sailite?

No you don't need a sattelite aerial!
Basically on a wee tranny all you need to do is extend the built in aerial and experiment until you get the best reception.
On a hi-fi system you really need a proper FM aerial.
They only cost a few pounds and can make a great difference in reception.
Again a bit of experimentation with positioning is required, but the results can be startling!
Some parts of the county unfortunately are beyond hope of any sort of decent reception, but that's down to geography/hills/glens etc....beyond the station's scope.:~(

Amy-Winehouse
16-May-09, 08:55
No, sorry I used to listen to it occasionally when my father was alive , as hed have it on when I was visiting him but that was over 6 years ago, I listen to the Orkney superstation, its more my kind of thing

Bobinovich
16-May-09, 10:49

As musch as I admire the CFM folks for what they do I'm not a keen listener, much preferring MFR also. The choice of music on CFM is often not to my taste :(

Moonboots
16-May-09, 10:59
As musch as I admire the CFM folks for what they do I'm not a keen listener, much preferring MFR also. The choice of music on CFM is often not to my taste :(

Yes i must admit, The music isnt to my taste either. Give me MFR anytime over CFM.
Superstation is good tho.

buddyrich
16-May-09, 13:29
MFR is dreadful, mainly down to it's acquisition by SRH which was then sold to EMAP.

Any character or relevance the station had to the local area was basically removed and it became another tedious top 40 FM station.

Still, good background noise for when you're at work i suppose.

Kenneth
17-May-09, 04:36
I advise tuning in on Monday nights, between 9 and 10, for some quality tunes and banter! :lol:

wifie
24-May-09, 22:05
'Scuse my ignorance but what is Orkney Superstation? Only remember Radio Orkney when I was in Caithness.