PDA

View Full Version : Kittens/Cats Wanted

thoms83
14-May-09, 14:55
Hi all

am looking for preferably two ginger male kittens or cats upto 1 yrs old.
not worried about whether or not theyve been neutered as can arrange this. preferably house trained. farm cats or cats that are used to being outdoors would not be suitable as I live in a flat - sorry!

cheers!

goldenguernsey
14-May-09, 17:10
try caithness cat protection, they may be able to help

S&LHEN
14-May-09, 17:43
also try the sspca place they might have some they have a website but cant mind what it is but its in forsse and its lovely :D

S&LHEN
14-May-09, 17:45
.......:) BalmoreSSPCA (http://forum.caithness.org/member.php?find=lastposter&t=76111) thats what its called hope this helps

thoms83
14-May-09, 19:21
yeah tried both already but no joy - think its maybe a bit early in the season yet

Vistravi
14-May-09, 20:10
Why do they have to be male and ginger?

I have a ginger queen that is a rare kind of creamy ginger and a grey and white tom cat. my queen i got from balmore when she was only 15 weeks old about october time a couple of years ago and my tom cat from a neighbour who was wanting to rehome him.
The are both very different cats and my queen being a very timid cat has needed alot of patience. now i can carry her and have her on my lap with her quite content and that is after 2 years of having her.

Do you want ginger cats due to the fact that it is the colour in a cat you like the best or is it for different reasons?

ShelleyCowie
14-May-09, 21:22
Vistravi i was asking myself the same things u are.

I know this person is just looking for some cats but im wondering why they have to be 1year or under!

Cats live a very long time with the right care and attention! :D And they tend to calm down alot over the years (well most cats)

Fintan is very calm and tame, friendly and house trained. He is an outdoor cat and is 7. He has years in him yet! :D

And house training comes to them. I thought i was having a hard time with Brenon, but he does the toilet either outside (in my flowers) or in the litter tray!

thoms83
14-May-09, 21:32
Why do they have to be male and ginger?

Do you want ginger cats due to the fact that it is the colour in a cat you like the best or is it for different reasons?

lol why else would i post an add for ginger toms?? just love ginger cats dont see why i have to justify it:lol: dont really know why your posting replies if you cant help?:eek:

thoms83
14-May-09, 21:38
I know this person is just looking for some cats but im wondering why they have to be 1year or under!

love kittens but find them a bit annoying (scratching & destroying furniture lol:lol:) and wouldnt be looking for cats older than 18 months or so as i want max time with them hehe

Vistravi
14-May-09, 21:52
Vistravi i was asking myself the same things u are.

Cats live a very long time with the right care and attention! And they tend to calm down alot over the years (well most cats)

Fintan is very calm and tame, friendly and house trained. He is an outdoor cat and is 7. He has years in him yet!

And house training comes to them. I thought i was having a hard time with Brenon, but he does the toilet either outside (in my flowers) or in the litter tray!

Great minds think alike ;)

I can see why they may want a young cat as a cat from a diferent owner can have habits that you don't like and are hard to break out of them. we have managed to break a few habits out of Taj but due to him being 3 when we got him we could not change his name too much. He now after a couple of months responds very well to his new name and to a whistle when its dinner time from my partner. In fact both of them respond to the whistle now lol. So all is not lost with older cats, again patience when getting an older cat from someone else is needed. We still have issues with some of Taj's habits esp at night time when he likes to run amok and wake us up about half three in the morning. [evil] But getting there with him and will be putting him outside soon once his injections are all complete.

Aye they can live for years with the right care and attention. My two will be around for years to torment me in the early morning, lol

Oh well at least he's not doing it on the floor or the couch anymore [lol] Why the flower pots? LOL

Vistravi
14-May-09, 21:59
love kittens but find them a bit annoying (scratching & destroying furniture lol:lol:) and wouldnt be looking for cats older than 18 months or so as i want max time with them hehe

Not just kttens scratch and destroy furniture my two who are two and three do try to but get chased for it. Alot of cats never lose the kitten side of them my tom cat never has and is more playful than my queen who is a year younger than him is.
Kitten are too small, they lok mweird when they're growing to a adult cat. my queen had a small head for her body for a while [lol]

Good luck on your search for your ginger cats. Ginger is nice in a cat but i prefer the rare gingers myself. I've only ever come across one other cat that has the same creamy ginger colouring as my queen has in all the time i've been alive and the cat in person happens to be one of my mums kittens lol.