PDA

View Full Version : Bio-oil

percy toboggan
14-May-09, 09:45
Has anyone heard of this stuff?
Is it good for scar tissue?
I'm told it's expensive - how expensive? My source was vague.
I only need a small bottle - my scars are measured in inches, not feet!
Don't mind up to a tenner if it works.
Much more would be indulgent methinks.
E45's no good at this stage.

lelebo
14-May-09, 09:54
I've heard it's really good for scar tissue and for stretch marks. Semi-chem do one exactly the same but about half the price - I can't remember the name of it but the girls in semi-chem said they'd checked it against the one in Boots and the ingredients were exactly the same.

lexie
14-May-09, 09:57
bio oil... brill ! use it everyday

Only have a look on internet as a lot cheaper for bigger bottle!

think small bottle from Boots was £8.99

starry
14-May-09, 11:35
My daughter has used it very successfully on facial scars.
The smallest bottle is around £8.00 and it took about 8 weeks to really see a difference.

I quite often just use it as a facial oil, I am not sure if it makes a difference or not but I am at a stage in life where everything gets thrown at the wrinkles ;)

ashaw1
14-May-09, 11:58
Has anyone heard of this stuff?
Is it good for scar tissue?
I'm told it's expensive - how expensive? My source was vague.
I only need a small bottle - my scars are measured in inches, not feet!
Don't mind up to a tenner if it works.
Much more would be indulgent methinks.
E45's no good at this stage.

I would highly recommend it and it's definately worth the money. My son had scars on his face where he was attacked by a dog as a child, a couple of months later they were barely noticeable!

I used to put a few drops in the bath when i was pregnant too!

percy toboggan
14-May-09, 12:20
I would highly recommend it and it's definately worth the money. My son had scars on his face where he was attacked by a dog as a child, a couple of months later they were barely noticeable!

I used to put a few drops in the bath when i was pregnant too!

Fortunately the scar is not visible when I'm dressed and nobody interested in seeing me undressed will bother about it either way but I was looking more for something that might soften it. I think bio-oil will fit the bill and emissaries have been despatched to Boots as I type. I actually kept up with her halfway but turned around at the quarter mile mark.

Thanks all for your replies.

lady penelope
14-May-09, 12:36
I use scar reduction gel, it has silicon in it to flatten the scar, I have a very noticible cut, that was very lumpy, it is totally flat & fading. I was recommended to use this by a surgeon & it works.
3 months after my op & most people don't notice.:D

ShelleyCowie
14-May-09, 15:31
Bio Oil is highly recommended by me!

When i was pregnant i thought i would not have to use any of that stuff, but when i hit the 30 week mark, all the stretch marks showed. I used it in the bath and then used it on my stomach after the bath.

I still use it now, not just because of stretch marks but because it feels awsome on my skin.

It really does work!

I got a bottle from Semi-Chem for £6 (i had just paid £9 out the sutherlands chemist!) :confused

Dadie
14-May-09, 20:12
I like bio oil as well ....
I used it on the scars on my knees and they are less noticable now and on my tum and hips when pregnant but still have stretch marks there:eek:
You dont need to use a lot so it doesnt work out expensive by the amount of applications you get!

freckles
15-May-09, 00:09
I bought bio-oil for some acne scaring on my face, but I felt it left my skin quite greasy (not ideal for acne prone skin!), am I using too much?

freckles
15-May-09, 00:11
P.S. I bought a similar product by Palmer's cos it sounded like bio-oil but was called a scar serum so I thought it was perfect for my needs. It wasn't! Total waste of a tenner, I'm pretty tight with my cash, but this went straight in the bin. It was really thick, didn't absorb into my skin & stank! - You've been warned!

percy toboggan
15-May-09, 08:49
I have a nine quid bottle from Boots and the first dollop (wee dollop) went on last night. I shall use it sparingly.

Thanks for all the input.

porshiepoo
15-May-09, 09:00
I use scar reduction gel, it has silicon in it to flatten the scar, I have a very noticible cut, that was very lumpy, it is totally flat & fading. I was recommended to use this by a surgeon & it works.
3 months after my op & most people don't notice.:D

My daughter had a serious chest burn when she 2ish and the Silicon pad was a newish concept back then. She had a silicon pad strapped to her chest as the scar tissue really stuck out.
Within weeks the scar was as flat as the rest of her skin. Fabulous stuff.

Percy T: My daughter used Bio Oil on her scar on her spine after surgery a couple of years ago and the difference is quite amazing.
I'm sure you'll love it, but just persevere as you may not see the immediate results that we all want and expect.