PDA

View Full Version : Euro Election (a perfect opportunity)

percy toboggan
14-May-09, 07:26
In my dreams a high turnout with millions of votes going to fringe parties would be the perfect response to the recent revelations in Westminster.

I can't see it happening but when the electorate are so apathetic do we get the politicians we deserve?

I can't quite make up my own mind who to vote for. The only certainty is that I shall vote. I'd urge you to do the same...please exercise your franchise...pro-Europe or a nee sayer. There should be plenty of scope in the range of candidates available.

June 4th. could go down as the day the public kicked back.
Will you declare your allegiance here? When I make up my mind I will, and it certainly will not be Con/Lab/Lib...for now all three are a busted flush and they have a very short time indeed to repair their tattered images. Cameron has started - in fine style. Of the three big hitters he's the only one so far to pick up a bat.

Rheghead
14-May-09, 22:54
UKIP has been reported to have surged in an opinion poll at the expense of the other parties. At least if UKIP were in power we'd get rid of all the MEPs with their snouts in the trough.[lol]

golach
14-May-09, 22:56
UKIP has been reportde to have surged in an opinion poll at the expense of the other parties. At least if UKIP were in power we'd get rid of all the MEPs with their snouts in the trough.[lol]

Aye Right!!!!! Rheg, they are all tarred with the same brush, you voted for the EU, your stuck with it.
I voted against it so there :Razz

Fly
14-May-09, 23:02
I can't see it happening but when the electorate are so apathetic do we get the politicians we deserve?

You are quite right percy toboggan we all are too apathetic.

Personally I intend to vote UKIP if there is someone standing in this constituency. I think they are the best bet for stopping (if possible!!) some of the rubbish that comes out of Brussels.

percy toboggan
15-May-09, 08:46

You are quite right percy toboggan we all are too apathetic.

Personally I intend to vote UKIP if there is someone standing in this constituency. I think they are the best bet for stopping (if possible!!) some of the rubbish that comes out of Brussels.

I may well be wrong, as it's happened before... but I'm sure I heard Nigel Farrage say they had a candidate in EVERY constituency this time.
Their t.v. broadcast last night might have won them a few more converts.

Rheghead
15-May-09, 12:45
The bookies have slashed the odds to even stevens that UKIP will take more seats than Labour on June 4th.:eek:

Green_not_greed
15-May-09, 12:50
The bookies have slashed the odds to even stevens that UKIP will take more seats than Labour on June 4th.:eek:

It wouldn't surprise me if the Greens or even the Raving Loony Party took more seats than Labour!

Bazeye
15-May-09, 14:15
Im not voting for one of the big three either.

percy toboggan
16-May-09, 09:28
An expert came on BBC Radio 4 News today to say exactly what I have said in this thread. It makes one wonder where they drag 'em up from.

It's hardly rocket science to suggests this is the perfect opportunity to give the three big parties a bloody nose. Even the office of MEP is largely irrelevant but at least the gravy train money will be spread around a bit.

Who is standing in Caithness?

Kodiak
16-May-09, 12:39
I shell do as I always do when I Vote in ANY Election.

I do NOT Vote for ANY Particular Political Party.

I Vote for the Person whom I believe will be the best person to Represent Caithness in which-ever Election I am Voting in.

If every one in the UK did this then you would see a vast change in the Political Map. Too many people vote for this or that Party because their Garnd Parents and therir parents did.

It is time for individual people make up their own mind and not to vote a particular way just because they have always done so.

I say Vote for the Person NOT for the Party.

Rheghead
16-May-09, 19:40
I'll be voting for the Green party if there is a candidate from now on.

david
16-May-09, 22:30
I'll be voting for the Green party if there is a candidate from now on.

The "support green energy" campaign is fine, until you realise that the payoff money is being spent on non green projects. Perhaps a campaign to end this contradiction would be helpful. Any thoughts Rheggy?

celtic lass
16-May-09, 22:42
well after whats been going on this past 10 days i aint going to bother i always use my vote but this time im not going to waste my time

percy toboggan
17-May-09, 07:41
well after whats been going on this past 10 days i aint going to bother i always use my vote but this time im not going to waste my time

Methinks this is the worst possible course of action and urge you to reconsider.
Much better to attend the ballot and make your point in writing - even if it's just two words!

Staying at home registers little more than apathy - and you are clearly not disinterested in politics CL.

PLEASE VOTE - I implore you.

bekisman
17-May-09, 11:10
Me? I'm voting for Peter Adams UKIP and it's got absolutely nothing to do with the fact; "He served a full career in the Royal Engineers being promoted through the Ranks before being commissioned" and was also in my old Squadron; "he served with 59 Commando Squadron RE" but I like: "Having lived in Germany for ten years was concerned by the way that the UK Governments were increasingly signing away British rights to the EU and unelected European Commission. Became deeply concerned by the increasingly obvious inability of the major parties to protect the interest of the British people. Joined UKIP as they were the only party pledged to returning the Government of the United Kingdom to the British people" - Quite agree!

Bazeye
17-May-09, 11:35
"Having lived in Germany for ten years was concerned by the way that the UK Governments were increasingly signing away British rights to the EU and unelected European Commission. Became deeply concerned by the increasingly obvious inability of the major parties to protect the interest of the British people. Joined UKIP as they were the only party pledged to returning the Government of the United Kingdom to the British people" - Quite agree!

Seems similar to the bnps manifesto.

bekisman
17-May-09, 13:52
Bazeye: "Seems similar to the bnps manifesto." Hmm there's overlap in all of 'em..

http://www.ukip.org/content/ukip-policies (http://www.ukip.org/content/ukip-policies) http://bnp.org.uk/policies/ (http://bnp.org.uk/policies/)

Bazeye: "I'm not voting for one of the big three either". And then Rheghead says in 'Next General Election thread' in asking why BNP was in Italics, he wrote: "I didn't. I think it is the one you voted for as Green party is in italics on my browser" #22 (Next General Election).. wonder if you did?

maverick
17-May-09, 19:16
Your vote is the most powerful thing you will ever have, people have fought and died so we can live in a democracy, use it wisely...