PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on those big trampolines

skinnydog
13-May-09, 21:15
Before I go spending my hard earned cash on a large trampoline I would like to get some feedback on whether they are worth it or not. I see a lot of them around the town but to be honest very, very rarely see kids using them so I was just wondering are they white elephants in the garden? Thanks.
ps - it's no for me, it's for the bairn!!

Alice in Blunderland
13-May-09, 21:21
We invested in one last year and the kids are never off it.

I have seen them on the trampoline daytime......... in rain, hail and sunshine. Night is even better the kids went out in the dark once and tied torches upwards on the legs and it was a great laugh. :lol:

It would, I say depend on the children. If they enjoy being outdoors then an excellent buy. :)

balto
13-May-09, 21:37
my kids love their trampoline and like alice's kids they are out in it rain or shine, we had the light for underneath i even had a shot on it, dont think i had laughed so much lol. well worth the money.

golach
13-May-09, 21:42
I am led to believe that putting a return address on the trampoline, and a phone number, will get you a lot of Orcadian friends , when Tuggs warns us about the winds [lol]

ShelleyCowie
13-May-09, 21:44
my kids love their trampoline and like alice's kids they are out in it rain or shine, we had the light for underneath i even had a shot on it, dont think i had laughed so much lol. well worth the money.

Ya big bairn that ya are!! ats for e kids! Lol.

Personally i hate trampolines!! I had a pretty serious accident on one at school when i was 15, the effects still bother me to this very day!

But that was a personal experience. And very very off-putting! Im not usually bothered at the sight of blood, but there was alot! :eek:

Alice in Blunderland
13-May-09, 21:45
I am led to believe that putting a return address on the trampoline, and a phone number, will get you a lot of Orcadian friends , when Tuggs warns us about the winds [lol]

True, very true our one is well weighted down. :D

In high winds we take the safety net down until it calms down a bit. Kids hate that as its a case of look but dont touch.

balto
13-May-09, 21:57

Personally i hate trampolines!! I had a pretty serious accident on one at school when i was 15, the effects still bother me to this very day!

But that was a personal experience. And very very off-putting! Im not usually bothered at the sight of blood, but there was alot! :eek:
oh yes, and with 2 burly males either side jumping, i spent most of the time lying down, but oh so much fun.

mrsinkstack
13-May-09, 22:15
My kids love their trampoline. I made sure to spend the extra money on a safety net and TBH, glad that that I did as we've had a few near misses, especially when friends come round to play, get's a bit boysterious.

Have to take the net off if it's windy but it's not that big a deal really. Kids are never off it. It's good fun and course they are getting exercise at the same time - well worth the money !! :D

catran
13-May-09, 22:33
Yes the tiddly winks all love their trampoline, such good fun and exercise, wish I was as fit as them lot. Great fun and good times and as Alice says even in the dark. Brilliant I would say.

joxville
13-May-09, 22:53

I'm sure you managed to bounce back from it. :cool:

annemarie482
13-May-09, 23:32
dont want to spoil anyones fun,
but when i worked in h***base, a doctor from the hospital actually came up and asked me to request the store not to sell them!
and if we had to, to make sure they could only be sold with an enclosure!
he said that since they came to caithness (the big trampolines) that the numbers of arm and leg fractures had risen as had many children coming to hospital with crush symptoms of the joints ie: the knees.
i'm all for the exercise, but maybe bear that in mind :confused

Kevin Milkins
13-May-09, 23:55
I have a good view up our street from my house and it's great to see the young kids getting loads of fun and exercise out of there trampoline and as Alice has said they seem to be out all hours and all weathers.

I think I would have a prefference to the odd knock that might happen while getting some exercise than have my kid become a lard arse from sat watching the TV.

butterfly
14-May-09, 02:28
When its windy i turn our trampoline upside down so that it doesnt fly off.Your right though Kevin,its better for the kids to get excercise instead of sitting watching the box.

topotheuk
14-May-09, 09:42
Best thing ever. Keeps my collie amused for hours. He loves to bounce on it.

edayhouse
14-May-09, 10:36
well my kids love the trampoline - we have got a 14' one with an enclosure (would not use it without an enclosure) i am also a childminder and my minded children love it too
Would not do without one now

Allsorts
14-May-09, 10:41
HI, our kids live on ours and are out all the time. The advice I was given was to get the biggest one you could at the time for the room you have and have to admit I am pleased we did get a big one.

ashaw1
14-May-09, 12:04
Be prepared to have every kid in the street waiting at your door! This actually happened to us when we lived in Edinburgh. Came home from shopping one day to see a line of kids outside our door waiting for our kids to come home!

Would highly recommend them with an enclosure, they will play on it in all weather and much more beneficial then having them sat on the Playstation all day!

ShelleyCowie
14-May-09, 15:33
I'm sure you managed to bounce back from it. :cool:

haha i most certainly did! After a year of extreme dental treatment and 6 months on liquids only!

(lost alot of weight so its handy for that) ;)

And.......i got 8 months off school! :Razz

Sandra_B
14-May-09, 15:49
Highlight of our last visit home was driving past a house near Loch Calder and seeing a goat on a trampoline! Wish I'd had the camera handy.

balto
14-May-09, 15:58
max loves the trampoline aswell, he seems to think he can catch the birds on it, for those who dont know max is a collie/staffy x.

balto
14-May-09, 16:00
must say i dont have a net for mine and there is a reson for this, was discusing getting the trampoline and net for the kids, when my eldest daughter piped up, that will be good lets see who can bounce high enough to get over the net, now there is a accident waiting to happen lol.

skinnydog
15-May-09, 21:13
Thank you for all your comments. Have decided to take the plunge and managed to get a second hand one with the safety net, so will definitely weigh it well down as we are in a particularly windy bit of Caithness but watch out for my post of who injures what first!!

butterfly
16-May-09, 01:33

Lol! MY dog likes it too but only when the kids are on it,he likes them to bounce him about on it!

mushroom
17-May-09, 11:54
i think trampolines are great for the kids, BUT the amount of times i see kids on them with footballs bouncing around at their feet is scary, i can understand how broken bones come about.