PDA

View Full Version : Born to run?

Green_not_greed
13-May-09, 20:32
Just back in from a run as usual accompanied by my iPod, and given that its the running season again, I was wondering what any running orgers like to listen to when on a run? Dance, rock, rap, metal, country, classical? Or do you prefer the sound of the birds in your ears?

Tonight for me it was Highway Star by Deep Purple that really kicked up the pace!

GNG

Venture
13-May-09, 20:41
Just back in from a run as usual accompanied by my iPod, and given that its the running season again, I was wondering what any running orgers like to listen to when on a run? Dance, rock, rap, metal, country, classical? Or do you prefer the sound of the birds in your ears?

Tonight for me it was Highway Star by Deep Purple that really kicked up the pace!

GNG

Here's me thinking you would be playing The Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler or the Windmills of your Mind by Sting.[lol]

Sorry, I'll get my coat.......;)

Gene Hunt
13-May-09, 20:47
This what I have on my shuffle and I just set it in a loop, it just works for me.

Running down a dream .. Tom Petty
Back in Black .. AC/DC
Open your Mind .. Usura
E=mc2 .. Big Audio Dynamite
The Pretender .. Foo Fighters
Dare .. Gorillaz
Fortunate Son .. Creedence Clearwater Revival
Thunderstruck .. AC/DC
Yummy down on this .. The Bloodhound Gang
Sheriff Fatman .. Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine
Burn Baby Burn .. Ash
Free Fallin' .. Tom Petty
We didnt start the fire .. Billy Joel
Trouble Bound .. The Blasters

ShelleyCowie
13-May-09, 21:48
Highway Star by Deep Purple

Genius song by the way!

I dont run, but when im walking i always take my Zune with me. Usually listening to

Breking Benjamin, Creed, Evanescence, Skillet, Red, Sia, Muse, Bear Mcreary, Linkin Park, fallout Boy....

i could go on but the list is nearly endless! My zune holds 5000+songs lol

balto
13-May-09, 21:54
well well i wasnt going to say whats on mine as its on the other end of the scale from you lol lol, but on mine i have take that, tim mcgraw, lionel ritchie and micheal macdonald.[lol]

Boboowest
14-May-09, 12:40
I ran 14 miles last night and spent two hours listening to my running mate whining about the cold.

Green_not_greed
14-May-09, 12:45
I ran 14 miles last night and spent two hours listening to my running mate whining about the cold.

Impressive! If you've not got an mp3 player could I suggest some earplugs....

lelebo
14-May-09, 13:49
This what I have on my shuffle and I just set it in a loop, it just works for me.

Running down a dream .. Tom Petty
Back in Black .. AC/DC
Open your Mind .. Usura
E=mc2 .. Big Audio Dynamite
The Pretender .. Foo Fighters
Dare .. Gorillaz
Fortunate Son .. Creedence Clearwater Revival
Thunderstruck .. AC/DC
Yummy down on this .. The Bloodhound Gang
Sheriff Fatman .. Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine
Burn Baby Burn .. Ash
Free Fallin' .. Tom Petty
We didnt start the fire .. Billy Joel
Trouble Bound .. The Blasters

I like that running list - in fact I'm off to download some of these - I also like Son of a Preacher Man...Dusty Springfield, Stronger...Kanye West and Womanizer...Britney Spears......... :)

rich
14-May-09, 14:19
Have you read the article going round about how running shoes actually cause athletic injuries? It is very well documented. To avoid injuries we should be running in what used to called (half a century ago) "sand shoes."
For my leisurely jog through the cemetry here in Toronto I like Billie Holiday from her 1930s period and, if I am really pushing things, Sonny Rollins Road Show which came out a few months ago.
Happy trails!

Green_not_greed
14-May-09, 15:02
Have you read the article going round about how running shoes actually cause athletic injuries? It is very well documented. To avoid injuries we should be running in what used to called (half a century ago) "sand shoes."
For my leisurely jog through the cemetry here in Toronto I like Billie Holiday from her 1930s period and, if I am really pushing things, Sonny Rollins Road Show which came out a few months ago.
Happy trails!

Thanks Rich

Good to know - hopefully other runners can check this out if they do have problems. I use standard trainers so hopefully should be OK. No problems yet in any case.

I don't suppose its the Galt cemetary you are running in? If so you may be running past some of my past relatives!

GNG

rich
14-May-09, 21:43
Green, your ancestors can rest easy; it is the Mount Pleasand Cemetry in Toronto through which I wheeze and labor on a three days a week regimen.
I'll see if I can get the article, it was around here a few days ago....

rich
14-May-09, 21:47
Here is the article!

http://www.quickswood.com/my_weblog/2006/08/athletic_footwe.html

George Brims
14-May-09, 22:07

In the 70s there was a short-lived fashion for running shoes to have a "negative heel". There was sort of a hump in the instep area. They were comfortable enough in some ways, but they produced an epidemic of snapped Achilles tendons and torn calf muscles.