PDA

View Full Version : Nursery hours/ages is it enough?

Vistravi
13-May-09, 19:21
I'm working in a nursery in inverness and it operates from 8 am to 6 pm every day. It also can take children from birth to 5 years old and they can be there all day if they have to be due to parents working.
This is a completly different way of working as caithness nurseries are which means that if mum and dad want to both work or mum wants to go back to work she has to have a childminder as no nurseries will take her bairn.

I was wondering if caithnessian parents are happy with the nursery hours they get or would they rather have one like the one i work in?

dietcokegirl
14-May-09, 09:59
I lived down south for 2 years due to OHs job, we just returned to Caithness last year. During our time away i worked part time at first and put the wee one into a creche. He loved it! They were open from 7.30am to 6pm and after seeing how much he enjoyed going there i decided to work full time hours.
He would run in and give the girls a big cuddle in the morning, and it was a struggle to get him to come home when i picked him up!
The only downside was it was very expensive.

Now that I'm back in Caithness i put my wee one to a childminder. He likes going there too. Sometimes i wish there was something similar to a creche though, as he got alot more interaction with different ages of children whilst going there.

ashaw1
14-May-09, 12:09
My son has just started at Little Nippers playgroup in Bank Row, Wick. They do something similar, the only place i know of locally that does wraparound care and an after school club. He will go from 9.15 to 3pm, the playgroup is lovely and modern and the staff are brilliant! Would highly recommend it!

WICK FAMILY CENTRE
15-May-09, 10:18
Hi there, just a wee note and a big THANK YOU from Wick Family Centre.

We are a child care provision offering full or part-time care to children aged 2+ years to 14+ years. We offer nursery care, full wraparound childcare, after school clubs and dedicated holiday clubs. We are the ONLY childcare service within Caithness to offer full wraparound childcare, allowing your children full childcare facilities from 8:30/45am to 5:30/6:00pm, 50 weeks per year.

Our holiday and after school clubs have modern facilities eg books, toys and games, plus indoor/outdoor activities each week. We have the new Wii fit etc facilities and are in the process of offering PC education through our Making Waves (After School Club) and holiday club. This year our holiday club will be visiting Timespan, Castle of Mey, Falls of Shin and Hee-Haw donkey sanctuary. We will be pony trekking along the beach at Bettyhill, and have a two day African Drumming session, along with weekly swimming and Tai-Bo sessions, guided Ranger activities and music workshops.

We provide a stimulating and structured environment for all children, cared for by fully qualified members of staff. We are centrally located, being situated at Bank Row, opposite Wick Heritage Centre. Why not come along and see what we can offer you and your family.

WICK FAMILY CENTRE
01955 606065
wickfamilycentre@mail.com