PDA

View Full Version : Gilberts / Poshnosh Helmsdale

cemmts
13-May-09, 15:24
3rd time I’ve been to this restaurant in Helmsdale and each time it gets better :)
Was in yesterday for my birthday delicious 3 course meal
Can’t rate it highly enough. A nice selection of courses that's not run of the mill like most restaurants.

Lavenderblue2
13-May-09, 17:31
Yes cemmts, we've been a few times and it is excellent - the folk are very freindly too. :)

SNOWDOG
16-May-09, 11:34
Where in Helmsdale is this?

cemmts
31-May-09, 21:47
Just before the spar on the left "main" shopping street

Kevin Milkins
04-Jun-09, 12:51
Just before the spar on the left "main" shopping street

If we are coming up the line from Inverness we often stop off at La-Mirage in Helmsdale for a fish tea and have never been disapointed.

On the strengh that Gilberts have been (Biged Up) a few times on the Org and we seen the advert on the back of the trailer on the way in to Helmsdale we thought we would give it a try, but could not find it.

There was an empty parking spot outside La-Mirage and as we had my elderly mother-in-law with us we enjoyed yet another fish tea.
Unless there are two Spar shops in Helmsdale it would seem Gilberts must be nearly opposite La-Mirage.:confused I think it's time for an eye test.:eek:

poppett
05-Jun-09, 14:19
You don`t need an eye test Kevin. Gilberts looks like an antique shop and is across the road from La Mirage and along a bit heading towards the main road.

Kevin Milkins
05-Jun-09, 14:47
You don`t need an eye test Kevin. Gilberts looks like an antique shop and is across the road from La Mirage and along a bit heading towards the main road.

Thanks for that poppett, I would like to give that a try sometime.:D