PDA

View Full Version : Breaking up is hard to do

loobyloo
12-May-09, 21:57
Following on from Rheghead's thread, what is your ultimate break up song?

I've got a few but I'll start off with

Erasure, Oh L'amour
Sinead O'Conner Nothing compares to you

What song did you listen to on a continuous loop (both on your stereo and in your head), when you got dumped. Obviously, most charismatic orgers have never been dumped but for us mere mortals who have been, what songs did you wallow in, miserably........:(

loobyloo
12-May-09, 22:46
Stevie Nicks, Dreams "players only love you when they're playing" :)

Bazeye
12-May-09, 22:48
Happy Hour The Housemartins

alex
12-May-09, 23:09
I really did only ever got chucked once!

Shangri La Electric Light Orchestra http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxJUTnJoc7o

Tough year...

Became a buzzcock shortly afterwards

percy toboggan
13-May-09, 07:20
Stevie Nicks, Dreams "players only love you when they're playing" :)

Not a bad call looby , but if we're talking FM... 'Go Your Own Way' with it's vituperative lyrics is the ultimate sod off song.

kriklah
13-May-09, 07:35
Meatloaf - If God Could Talk

not religious in anyway(me or the song) but the words in the song were very fitting.. i was playing it in the car late one night when it hit me how apt it was, and had to pull over due to the emotional wellup:confused

grumpy1
13-May-09, 08:17
Following on from Rheghead's thread, what is your ultimate break up song?

I've got a few but I'll start off with

Erasure, Oh L'amour
Sinead O'Conner Nothing compares to you

What song did you listen to on a continuous loop (both on your stereo and in your head), when you got dumped. Obviously, most charismatic orgers have never been dumped but for us mere mortals who have been, what songs did you wallow in, miserably........:(

Air supply...im all out of love....says it all i do think..

Thumper
13-May-09, 08:29
Air supply...im all out of love....says it all i do think..

Same one for me too Grumpy1-it really does say it all! x

hardcore superstar
13-May-09, 09:42
Backyard Babies - 'flip' off and die (except a different 'f' word was used)

dietcokegirl
13-May-09, 10:07
Queen - the show must go on.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
13-May-09, 13:45
My ultimate break up song is 'Pictures of You',by the Cure.I was gutted,ma heart was broken.Then Mrs Farthsbottom came along and mended it with vinegar and brown paper.:lol::lol:

joxville
13-May-09, 18:48
Elton John~The Bitch Is Back. :eek: [lol]

Gene Hunt
13-May-09, 18:58
Women having a break up song is alright as they are emotional creatures and really like sitting at a window being pattered with rain feeling sorry for themselves. Its a process they go through. They are driven by emotion.

But Men .. come on .. when you break up with a women it just means you have more time for your mates and drinking. We are driven by the desire for Beer and consequence free nookie. At the very least pick the girl your ex hates the most and make a play for her, she will no doubt use any advantage to stick the knife in your ex's back. Use the natural cattiness of the female species to get a) back in the game and b) right up her nose as you walk past in the rain with her sworn enemy while she is sitting at the window listening to a sad song that reminds her of you.

Break up songs for men .. Tsk Tsk.

katarina
13-May-09, 19:09
I've not been dumped, but I do find myself alone. I listen to Rita Mcneal. At first it was 'flying on your own.' Now it's 'Don't let the band play a slow song.'

alex
13-May-09, 19:27
Break up songs for men .. Tsk Tsk.

Reading you're post I had to smile being a you often post how you live in a totally female dominated household now :lol:

I also took a look at the view counter on my offering and note its suddenly had more than fifty new hits - I guessing a fair proportion from readers here.

A sentimental lot the Orgers, me thinks.

Gene Hunt
13-May-09, 20:51
Reading you're post I had to smile being a you often post how you live in a totally female dominated household now :lol:

I also took a look at the view counter on my offering and note its suddenly had more than fifty new hits - I guessing a fair proportion from readers here.

A sentimental lot the Orgers, me thinks.

Maybe I should pick "All by Myself" .. ;)

Invisible
13-May-09, 21:29
Walk of Life - Dire Straits

balto
13-May-09, 22:03
well i have to say i dont have one of those songs, well yet anyway, the oh has man flu so i could be updating this shortly lol.[lol]

maverick
13-May-09, 22:10
best break up song ever Michael Jackson BEAT IT..........