PDA

View Full Version : Silly accidents?

Vistravi
12-May-09, 20:37
I whacked my foot on my partners bedside cabinet tonight and have hurt one of my toes on my right foot. I can't put pressure on it and just resting it is hurting like nobodys business. Maybe end up going to hospital tomorrow with it if its still this sore tmorrow morning. Good thing tomorrow is my day off, convientent timing ;)

Anyone else have any silly acidents?

joxville
12-May-09, 21:46
I whacked my foot on my partners bedside cabinet tonight and have hurt one of my toes on my right foot. I can't put pressure on it and just resting it is hurting like nobodys business. Maybe end up going to hospital tomorrow with it if its still this sore tmorrow morning. Good thing tomorrow is my day off, convientent timing ;)

It would be rather difficult to go without it! [lol]

Seriously, I hope it's not broken, maybe a nights rest will be enough.

Dadie
12-May-09, 21:53
I whacked my big toe off the kitchen worktop (it was lying on the floor in the kitchen at the time) on sunday. It was very sore and bad words were said:lol:
Funny bruise on it now though!

Lauren had a circular bruise on her bum after falling over onto her cup after jumping off her stool:eek:

Vistravi
12-May-09, 21:57
It would be rather difficult to go without it! [lol]

Seriously, I hope it's not broken, maybe a nights rest will be enough.

I hope so too jox. If it is still this sore tomorrow then i'm going to struggle at work. i work with kids, can't sit down anywhere :(

Vistravi
12-May-09, 22:14
Lauren had a circular bruise on her bum after falling over onto her cup after jumping off her stool:eek:

Oh dear she sounds like a wee character:lol:

I've never heard of a child getting a bruise like that before[lol]

ett23
12-May-09, 22:21
This thread has reminded me of my daughter's finger! She's not had an accident but due to recently discovering she can click her fingers she's been doing so solidly for the last 2 days and now has a blister on the aforesaid finger!!! :lol: That's divine justice for you!! I'm glad I'm not her teacher - she drove us mad at home constantly clicking away...... :eek:

alex
12-May-09, 22:22
I hope so too jox. If it is still this sore tomorrow then i'm going to struggle at work. i work with kids, can't sit down anywhere :(

And asking the kids to take care will be a red rag to a bull! Hope your toe is okay...

For me it's my head. Latest was putting the lawn mower back in the garden shed and smacking the door lintel with the back of my crust on the way out. I'm not overly tall so that annoyed me greatly and were this property not rented that entire shed would now be scrap [evil] but it also happens more often than it should when I have to do work under tables or in cupboards. Jeez it hurts so much you'd think there was a brain inside [lol]

Bazeye
12-May-09, 22:58
I whacked my big toe off the kitchen worktop (it was lying on the floor in the kitchen at the time) on sunday. It was very sore and bad words were said:lol:
Funny bruise on it now though!

Steel toecapped slippers anyone?:lol:

wifie
12-May-09, 23:03
And asking the kids to take care will be a red rag to a bull! Hope your toe is okay...

For me it's my head. Latest was putting the lawn mower back in the garden shed and smacking the door lintel with the back of my crust on the way out. I'm not overly tall so that annoyed me greatly and were this property not rented that entire shed would now be scrap but it also happens more often than it should when I have to do work under tables or in cupboards. Jeez it hurts so much you'd think there was a brain inside

I hope you didn't suffer so much that you put the grass cuttings in the wrong bin! :eek: [lol]

loobyloo
13-May-09, 00:15
Fell under a wheelie bin once, dragging it down a flight of stairs. Slightly embarrassing...

alex
13-May-09, 01:03
Fell under a wheelie bin once, dragging it down a flight of stairs. Slightly embarrassing...

Does anybody else wonder why she took it upstairs?

Thumper
13-May-09, 08:34
Worst one for me was on a plane to Canada,took my shoes off to relax and then my foot slipped on the tracks for the seats and smacked into the seat infront,my foot swelled up in secs and it was agony,woke my then hubby to tell him and all i got was "we are 10,000 feet up in the air what the hell do you want me to do about it?" by the time we landed it had gone down a bit but I still struggled to get my shoe on and hobble off the plane :eek: x

Kevin Milkins
13-May-09, 08:42
I like DIY and I seem to be getting a lot more injuries than usual, :eek: I must be getting old. :(

oldmarine
13-May-09, 15:02

My silly accident happened when I was a youngster and crossing a small river on stepping stones. My foot slipped off a rock and onto a broken bottle slicing off half my small toe. At 84 years of age I have never forgotten that accident. Reading this post helped me to remember.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
13-May-09, 16:27
My silly accident,cow tipping in Cramond,Edinburgh.It worked a treat,until I saw my brand new shoes when I arrived home.(phewy-eeeh!!!).........oh aye and the jack russell incident explained in a previous thread.

NOTE......editing was done just to show that no harm came to any animals.

Anji
13-May-09, 16:34
I was making jam last year, and had just poured the last of it into the jars. It smelled so lovely that I decided to lick the spoon. Even as I was doing it, I knew it was stupid. I ended up with the top of my mouth all burned, and lips to rival Mick Jagger's.
Memo to self. Do not eat hot jam!

im behind you
13-May-09, 16:42
i remember a few years back when walking threw the street thinking i was the beeze knees when suddenly (whack)i walked slap bang into one of those purple pole that sick out the ground by god it was sore on the man hood and all the people coming in and out wollies was having a right old laugh at me but i thought im ok dont let them get the better of me and tryed to walk of with a smile on my face but the pain was to much so i thought what the hell am i to do the only shop at hand at the time was the one toffs is it called i think so had to in there and make out i was buying sexy knickers and bra for the wifes birthday untill the pain eased which it did but by christ it was sore at the time

alex
13-May-09, 17:02
i remember a few years back when walking threw the street thinking i was the beeze knees when suddenly (whack)i walked slap bang into one of those purple pole that sick out the ground by god it was sore on the man hood and all the people coming in and out wollies was having a right old laugh at me but i thought im ok dont let them get the better of me and tryed to walk of with a smile on my face but the pain was to much so i thought what the hell am i to do the only shop at hand at the time was the one toffs is it called i think so had to in there and make out i was buying sexy knickers and bra for the wifes birthday untill the pain eased which it did but by christ it was sore at the time

Assuming the shop staff had not seen the incident I wonder what the shop assistants thought of a man walking into a lingerie section clutching his privates and moaning [lol]

Why is it that so often we compound our embaraasment when trying to cover it up?

scorrie
13-May-09, 17:21
i walked slap bang into one of those purple pole that sick out the ground by god it was sore

Was the purple pole damaged then? ;)

Vistravi
13-May-09, 19:05
Lovely blue/purple brusie all round my toe today. Can walk in my trainers with a bit of pain but my work shoes hurts too much to wear. Hmm work is going to be bit of a nightmare tomorrow.:roll:
But thankfully its not broken:)

feegilmour
13-May-09, 19:05
vistravi i really hope it is not broken i broke one of my toes last year and i woz limpin around for 6 months PAIN

Vistravi
13-May-09, 19:29
vistravi i really hope it is not broken i broke one of my toes last year and i woz limpin around for 6 months PAIN

Doesn't seem so. i can move it with the rest but it hurts, I'm hoping my work is ok with me wearing my trainers for a day or so untill wearing my work shoes no longer hurts. They can see the toe if they think i'm pulling a fast one lol:lol:

Dadie
13-May-09, 21:24
Hmmm...
Just counting the war wounds..
2 bites from a rabbit (1 of them was down to the bone on my finger)
1 finger where I took the top off and had to get it reattached (horse related accident)
Scar on my right foot where the plant on top off the fridge lept off and attacked me.
Scar under my chin from learning to go my bike and going over a wall
Scars on my knees (falling off the kerb at work and falling down a manhole )
Nose broken ...alcohol and painkillers and no food didnt mix well!
Walked into scaffold poles at work....
probaby more but cant think of any at the moment:lol:
But i think thats all that left permanent reminders!

jellybean
22-May-09, 22:50
I was working on a heating pipe under a floor and my hands and shifter were very wet, while tightening up a nut the shifter slipped off and hit me right on the nose. They don't stitch your nose, just smudge some human glue onto it. Ouch!

Bazeye
22-May-09, 22:59
Thoughtless dog owners thread. Post#53

rockchick
23-May-09, 09:08
When I was wee I nearly got caught with my hand in the cookie jar, which my mom used to keep on top of the fridge. Accessing it required climbing up onto the kitchen counter, then standing on tip toe to open up the jar and nick a biscuit, usually chocolate chip. I heard someone coming into the kitchen and jumped off the counter, only to land straddling a cupboard door which had been left open. Oww! The pain!!!

I managed to break my tailbone, AND lost the stolen cookie, never mind getting any sympathy from my mom either.

joxville
23-May-09, 11:47

Does anybody else wonder why she took it upstairs?
No. One of my brothers has to keep his wheelie bin around the back of his house-unfortunately his house sits high on a banking of about 20ft, so he has to take his bin up & down stairs weekly because the council don't allow the residents to leave bins outside.

Vistravi
23-May-09, 22:45
When I was wee I nearly got caught with my hand in the cookie jar, which my mom used to keep on top of the fridge. Accessing it required climbing up onto the kitchen counter, then standing on tip toe to open up the jar and nick a biscuit, usually chocolate chip. I heard someone coming into the kitchen and jumped off the counter, only to land straddling a cupboard door which had been left open. Oww! The pain!!!

I managed to break my tailbone, AND lost the stolen cookie, never mind getting any sympathy from my mom either.

[lol]
Oh dear rock chick. We never think about these things when we're young, lol. Mind you as you've just shown in your post kids are very clever at sussing out how to get things that parents put up high.:D they are so good at undoing our actions lol.

shazzap
23-May-09, 22:51
I remember my OH locking his bike up outside the doctors.
When he came out he jumped on his bike and started to ride away, or should i say tried.

The silly so and so forgot he had locked it and i wont tell you what he hurt or can you guess :roll:

Vistravi
23-May-09, 23:08
I remember my OH locking his bike up outside the doctors.
When he came out he jumped on his bike and started to ride away, or should i say tried.

The silly so and so forgot he had locked it and i wont tell you what he hurt or can you guess :roll:

Ouch!
Bet he didn't cycle home after that, silly bean [lol]

sassylass
24-May-09, 03:08
Last week at work as I pulled a pushpin out of the wall, the paper fluttered down. Since my left hand was full, I caught the paper against my thigh with my right hand...with the pushpin still in my fingers OW :eek:

oldmarine
25-May-09, 05:36
Last week at work as I pulled a pushpin out of the wall, the paper fluttered down. Since my left hand was full, I caught the paper against my thigh with my right hand...with the pushpin still in my fingers OW :eek:

Ouch! Sounds like something I might do.
:eek::eek:

upolian
25-May-09, 16:51
i stayed at the travel lodge in elgin for a couple of nights,when i signed out i turned round started walking out not realising a rather clean bit of glass was separating from the outside world,had a wee bit oh a sore nose :lol:

Princess
26-May-09, 10:52
Hiya, new to this :D saw this thread and i just had to post about my silly accident:lol: was going to my mate's house & mum was in aberdeen and i'd lost my front door key so she left the back door open for me. anyway i told my mate to wait outside so i could lock the back door then id climb out the sitting room window as the back door key is jammed and doesnt come out the door. so i climbed out the sitting room window & landed on the ground, screaming in pain and the taxi arrived, so my mate took me to hospital and i got crutches, turned out i had a fractured ankle but they didn't find that out untill about a month later!

annthracks
26-May-09, 12:24
Oh dear she sounds like a wee character:lol:

I've never heard of a child getting a bruise like that before[lol]

My little brother got a bruise like a blue crater on his forehead when we were little (about 38 yrs ago) because I threw a marble at him! :)

But the one which had my ex laughing was when one of our littluns left a biscuit tin lid on the stairs - cue trip to get drink in night ending with me surfing down the stairs in the dark... thankfully there was a right angle in the middle of the stairs so I only hit the half landing wall!!