PDA

View Full Version : Personal Training

mckenzie17
12-May-09, 20:11
Hi there, I am curently an 18 year old student studying Sport Studies at an Edinburgh college and during the summer i am hoping to earn a bit of cash but also gain experience to help with my course.

So baisicly i am wondering if anyone is interested in a personal trainer outside a gym enviroment?

The sort of training im offering would be ideal for people who want to get fit and just need some advice of where to start or maby someone whos just back form an injury or has just became a mother and wants to loose that extra wee bit thats hanging on to the hips.

I am a qualified First Aider and have been through disclosure scotland checks. I am looking into insurance to make this happen.

Thanks for all the support and interest i have recieved its much apreciated.

Feedback would be much appreicated, Also any just fire any questions to me im happy to help

One final thing i am led to believe this post goes along with the rules of the forum.

Thank you

the_big_mac
12-May-09, 20:55
Feedback................hmmmmmm.

Anyone watching scrubs? One of my favourite episodes :lol:

JWM
12-May-09, 21:37
Hi just a thought but what if you sent up a post looking for interest in exercise classes, if you could get enough numbers to pay, you can hire some halls around town quite resonable priced. You should try to get in touch with scottish slimmers to see if they would pass on your number to their group you would maybe get work from there.

mckenzie17
12-May-09, 21:53
a few people have asked this.

I belive everyones bodys respond to different types of training and everyone has different goals. I feel by doing one on one sessions people will feel a greater benifit, every session is planned to meet your needs and progress is monitored easyer. I think this way people will experience a greater value for money and have a more effective training plan.

John Baikie
12-May-09, 23:15
As I stated before, good luck with it. Good to see someone getting out there and doing something like this.
:D

mckenzie17
15-May-09, 21:13
Bump........

A_Usher
16-May-09, 09:48
ouch.....:)

mckenzie17
17-May-09, 15:42
What do you mean ouch? If you are thinking that i have had no interest you are mistaken. I have 10 clients ready to start next month and i am looking forward to working with them.

I think you are pretty childish man and think you should invest your time in treating patients or playing operation rather than trying to get one up on me and start an argument.

Thanks,
Mark

starry
17-May-09, 15:49
I think he meant ouch as in you bumped the thread, bump sore ouch.

Gizmo
17-May-09, 15:50
What do you mean ouch? If you are thinking that i have had no interest you are mistaken. I have 10 clients ready to start next month and i am looking forward to working with them.

I think you are pretty childish man and think you should invest your time in treating patients or playing operation rather than trying to get one up on me and start an argument.

Thanks,
Mark

I think you have completely missed the point of the "Ouch" post, it was a humourous relpy to your "Bump" post.....you said "Bump"..he replied "Ouch", do you feel like a bit of a plonker now?...you should :lol:

mckenzie17
17-May-09, 17:31
suppose you could be right. I personally think its a sly dig thu

Gizmo
17-May-09, 17:43

That's just childish paranoia, i'd suggest you need to grow up a little before you think about taking on clients, it's plainly obvious that it was a humourous reply.

cuddlepop
17-May-09, 17:46

I think that if you look at the rules your not suppose to be advertising your business on here.:confused

A_Usher
17-May-09, 17:54
sigh, there was no dig.

Ive tried to offer you some constructive advice, as a martial arts couch, clinician and also as someone who is in the process of becoming Level 3 REPS certified as a qualified Personal Trainer for our medical practice.

I was being humorous in my ouch to your bump and also doing you a favour as it was indirectly bumping your post.

Ive tried my best to point you in a direction which protects both you and your clients, and wish you well with your endeavours, and just hope that you will understand not only your clients needs but the movement within the fitness industry for legislation, registration and good practice.

Gizmo
17-May-09, 18:09
as a martial arts couch,

:lol: that's the finest typo i have seen around here

A_Usher
17-May-09, 18:16
lol..., and it explains my gut... and after todays mma training i need my martial arts couch......damn my clawed hoofs....

Kevin Milkins
17-May-09, 19:22

Thanks,
Mark

Good luck with what your at mckenzie17 and I also admire young people that have a go.

Just a word of advice though from someone that has shot himself in the foot often, "think first, then if in doubt say nowt".;)

mckenzie17
17-May-09, 22:12
I think that if you look at the rules your not suppose to be advertising your business on here.:confused

Correct, i have consulted with the moderator and the post is with in the rules. As i havent directly asked for payment on the first post, hope that makes sense

mckenzie17
17-May-09, 22:15
sigh, there was no dig.

I was being humorous in my ouch to your bump and also doing you a favour as it was indirectly bumping your post.
Sorry for jumping to conclussions.

Ive tried my best to point you in a direction which protects both you and your clients, and wish you well with your endeavours, and just hope that you will understand not only your clients needs but the movement within the fitness industry for legislation, registration and good practice.

All of this has been taken on board and i have insurance in place.