PDA

View Full Version : My previous thread

mckenzie17
12-May-09, 17:55
Hi to all i am the one who started the personal training thread. I delted the earler thread as i didnt want people to be put off by the technical lingo. Getting into physical activity can be really hard for someone lacking in confidence. i wanted to give everyone an equal chance at potentially changing there life.

Not because i didnt like the way it was going? I dont know where that has came from. Like i said in the post all feedback was appreciated. I cant help but thinking that my time was wasted by certain people and as a result it has been deleted.

i will still be going ahead with the training and anyone interested can easily contact me through this

Thanks,

A_Usher
12-May-09, 18:02
It is a public forum, and the thread was pretty lax for the .org :)
No one is saying that what your are offering is a waste of time, far from it, excercise, diet and regime is a critical part of wellness, and i say that as someone who sees patients and runs a medical practice.

However, you have to accept that in a public forum people will express their views and chip in where they can. The first thread had some really good information in it which could have been useful to a lot of people looking to loose weight and hook up with someone willing to help them such as yourself.

What you where trying to do was streamline and advertise without allowing opinion to be expressed which is a core component of a public forum such as this. Some of us tried to offer you advice such as how to get insurance, public and professional liability etc.

I am sorry that you felt that was wasting you time.

mckenzie17
12-May-09, 18:13
Again not what i was meaning. I feel my time was wasted replying to tubes who were just having a go at me and what i was trying to do.

If you noticed or read the second thread i started included the fact i was looking into insurance etc. Something which everyone seemed to miss. I really think it was a mistake from the power that be to delete the thread.

starry
12-May-09, 18:20
Again not what i was meaning. I feel my time was wasted replying to tubes who were just having a go at me and what i was trying to do.

If you noticed or read the second thread i started included the fact i was looking into insurance etc. Something which everyone seemed to miss. I really think it was a mistake from the power that be to delete the thread.

I think this has swayed it for me, I was very much in support of you Mckenzie but calling people "tubes" doesn't lead me to believe you have the maturity to undertake this kind of project.

mckenzie17
12-May-09, 18:25
I am actually really dissapointed at the outcome of my thread and as you can tell by that post im really quite annoyed! Im flattered that caithness.org called this a business, i mean im only 18 so suppose this is quite a complement.

starry
12-May-09, 18:27
I don't think you should have deleted posts in the last thread.

I do think this can work and you will get customers but I do think you would need to work on your attitude and accept that not everyone will think the same way as you.

Good luck with it.

mckenzie17
12-May-09, 18:33
I think people need to stop skim reading tbh. All the comments apart from the doctors about health (beacuse i cant offer the same detailed info) was added to my second thread! Havent done anything wrong and there isnt anything wrong with my attituted. All feedback was welcomed and taken on board, apart from calling a certain member a tube i really dont think you have a relevant argument to come up with the fact that my attitude is poor.

Kodiak
12-May-09, 18:55
i really dont think you have a relevant argument to come up with the fact that my attitude is poor.

By what I have read in this thread I believe your attitude is Poor.

I deleted the earler thread as i didnt want people to be put off by the technical lingo

Not a good start as you are saying here that we are not clever enough to understnd any form of Technical Information, not very nice this is it.

I cant help but thinking that my time was wasted by certain people and as a result it has been deleted.

Saying that you have wasted your time in your first thread is saying that you think those posted were a waste of time, not a very good attitude that now is it.

I feel my time was wasted replying to tubes who were just having a go at me and what i was trying to do

Bad Attitude here, name calling is not a good idea especially if you want to get paying customers.

i mean im only 18

Why do you think that being 18 is any excuse. It is not as no matter what your age if you want to get paying customers you require a bit more tact and never forget that the customer is always right.

All feedback was welcomed and taken on board, apart from calling a certain member a tube i really dont think you have a relevant argument to come up with the fact that my attitude is poor

If all feedback was welcomed then why delete the last Thread. Also by just claiming that someone needs to have a good argument about your argument about your attitude is all the proof necessary.

Just admit you tried to advertise here and is has not worked. If you want to advertise your new Business Venture, for this what it is as you are seeking Paying Customers, then pay for advertising space.

Gene Hunt
12-May-09, 18:58
Mackenzie .. stick with it mate.

Personally I commend you for getting out there, trying to help people out and broaden your experience. And a bit of attitude is never a bad thing in my view, I personally dont think that calling someone a tube is the end of the world. I call people worse at work if they deserve it. If more Trainers took the hard approach maybe there wouldnt be so many forty tonne behemoths in the Gym standing round pulling lycra out of their bum, fiddling with their Ipods, gassing with their mates for 90% of the time they are there and then berating the Trainer as to why they arent losing weight. I see that all the time in my Gym.

Your only 18 after all. And after all the abuse that young people seem to get these days you are obviously dedicated and putting the work in, I for one think thats good drills. I hope you get some good feedback out of your efforts to help others.

mckenzie17
12-May-09, 19:03
By what I have read in this thread I believe your attitude is Poor.

Not a good start as you are saying here that we are not clever enough to understnd any form of Technical Information, not very nice this is it.

Wrong, my point is that some people may be put off by this lingo. Not everyone understands about complex carbs etc. Your nit picking i think.

Saying that you have wasted your time in your first thread is saying that you think those posted were a waste of time, not a very good attitude that now is it.

Wrong again i said i wasted my time argueing

Bad Attitude here, name calling is not a good idea especially if you want to get paying customers.

True

Why do you think that being 18 is any excuse. It is not as no matter what your age if you want to get paying customers you require a bit more tact and never forget that the customer is always right.

I was saying i was flattered at my idea being called a business at the age of 18

If all feedback was welcomed then why delete the last Thread. Also by just claiming that someone needs to have a good argument about your argument about your attitude is all the proof necessary.

Beacuse the thread was cluttered. I added everyones comments to the new and improved thread eg insurance etc

Just admit you tried to advertise here and is has not worked. If you want to advertise your new Business Venture, for this what it is as you are seeking Paying Customers, then pay for advertising space.

True enough but i was also making sure there was a market for what i was offering.

mckenzie17
12-May-09, 19:07
thanks for the support much appreciated

Kodiak
12-May-09, 19:08
True enough but i was also making sure there was a market for what i was offering.

OK you have now admitted to trying to advertise a new business, before posting this you should have read the Forum Rules where you will see it is not allowed to advertise on the forum. I quote from the rules :-

Business Advertising
Caithness.org sells various types of advertising, we allow free classified adverts but no comercial advertising is allowed. If you are interested in advertising your business the rates can be found here (http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/advertising.php)

mckenzie17
12-May-09, 19:11
i refuse to call it a business, would rather call it a service as i am not profit orientated. Also dont understand why you felt you had to join this debate.

edayhouse
12-May-09, 19:57
For gods sake would you guys just leave this poor young man alone!!

If you want to write your own thread on health matters then do so but dont hijack someone elses thread.

Good luck to you

mckenzie17
12-May-09, 20:01
Thanks for all the support its much appreciated

Kevin Milkins
12-May-09, 20:13
good luck with your project to make the nation into a fit and fat free zone young man.

I tried this exercise lark a couple of times and it just made me hungry.:confused

Alice in Blunderland
12-May-09, 20:17
You have the basis of something good and yes by posting on a public forum you also have to take the good comments as well as the bad,deep breath in and soldier on.

I wish you well with any venture you are trying out and if you want to tell me how I can shed a couple of stone without too much effort ...........where do I sign up :D

Life is an education and some of us have been learning for a lot longer than others ...we all make mistakes and little errors and in this case a bit of slack should be given I feel for someone who is at least trying.
Here is someone trying to make a go of something, how often have we read on this forum about no good teens lying back and causing trouble ...... :roll: now we see someone trying out an idea and hey ho its lets draw them up to their shortcomings if we were all so perfect eh. ;)

12-May-09, 20:35
As far as the moderation team is concerned all issues have now been dealt with.

This thread is closed.