PDA

View Full Version : kitchen nightmares!

Dadie
12-May-09, 09:05
We ordered a kitchen with homebase on the 17th feb and are still having problems with getting bits and replacment bits for broken bits!
I have been speaking to the store manager and the regional manager and my problems are far from resolved.
Even phoned trading standards yesterday!
What else can I do and where to turn to now?
I just want everything completed!

Gene Hunt
12-May-09, 09:46
Solicitors letter to the Managing Director should do it. The Store and Area Manager might not be scared of you but they will be of him. And the brown sticky stuff is also rolled down the hill rapidly in companies like that. MD's hate bad publicity above all else.

Just get your lawyer to write a detailed letter of the shortcomings and ask him why his staff are so incompetent, send it recorded or special delivery to show you are serious and put a deadline on the matter being resolved as you have waited long enough for his staff to to get their act together and want it resolved yesterday. Then say you want compensation for the cost of the letter and general inconvience caused by his staff.

I had a drama with an Audi car I bought last year. Got no service from the Dealership so I went to the Head of Audi for the UK. Strongly worded letter duly sent and within a fortnight it was sorted to my satisfaction, they even threw in my next two services for free as compensation.

Take no prisoners. The customer is king.

Kodiak
12-May-09, 12:12
When all else fails go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/ and then click on "Got a Story", It might help !!

lookitsgav
12-May-09, 13:15
Should've gone to Ashley Ann!

goldilocks
12-May-09, 13:40

Yeah and it would of cost a small fortune.............. And even buying from there you would still off had problems.....Lol.....

lookitsgav
12-May-09, 13:44
Yeah and it would of cost a small fortune.............. And even buying from there you would still off had problems.....Lol.....

What's wrong goldilocks? Get the wrong porridge this morning?!

goldilocks
12-May-09, 13:53
No not at all my porridge was grand ta......

I was just stating that it would cost a lot more to buy a kitchen from there than it would to buy one from Homebase etc... Also I have first hand experience that I have had problems too when I was getting my kitchen fitted in March this year, so it ain't just Homebase who have been having problems with customers when it comes to kitchens.....Lol.....

oldmarine
12-May-09, 14:34

Hindsight is always easier than foresight.
:lol::lol:

Dadie
12-May-09, 14:41
I could quite happily murder everyone who recommended homebase!
We were undecided between them and wickes in the end and chose homebase because if we had any problems it was local and the problems would be able to be sorted quickly.....Alas not the case!

bekisman
12-May-09, 15:27
We're in the stages of refurbishing our kitchen - just had a delivery from B&Q, and pleased to say so far, all bits and pieces correct, same with Wickes (OH likes her Black sink!).. but still more to come, so will see..

joxville
12-May-09, 18:42
Make a BIG sign detailing your problems, affix it to your car and then park outside Homebodge-the adverse publicity will get them to resolve the trouble. Good luck.

PS Tell them Joxville sent you. :cool:

Allsorts
12-May-09, 19:12
This want be what you want to hear but friend's of ours ended up taking homebase to court over their kitchen as they took the money and it never showed up and they got nowhere with the store........hope yours get sorted soon

kgs
12-May-09, 20:05
We ordered worktop and it took twice as long to deliver as they said it would and was scratched when it did arrive. Decided not to order the rest of our kitchen from them. We have ended up much better off as we are getting a bespoke, solid wood kitchen hand made by someone local and at a good price!

poppett
12-May-09, 21:24
The Judge in the Sunday Mail may be interested in your tale of woe Dadie and usually gets good results.

Good luck.

Dadie
12-May-09, 21:59
I will try anything to get results now!
Supposed to have the kitchen here in plenty of time before I go back to work from maternity leave (back on wed!) so hubby can fit it....still living without all the parts and cannot put the worktops on without them all so I still dont have a kitchen sink.....bad words thought of to describe homebase wanted to insert here! Inept...Unproffessional...etc..

Thumper
13-May-09, 08:37
You could always try going into the shop and refusing to leave it until it is sorted out properly,or if you havent paid in full refuse to pay until you have all the parts x

elamanya
13-May-09, 17:54
well seems nothing has changed we them , we had the same problem with a bathroom 2 definate delivery dates and not a thing turned up , we were lucky we cancelled the lot and went to a local firm

Dadie
13-May-09, 22:05
Anyone else want to put their complaints together with mine to watchdog/sunday mail/sunday post?:lol:

Homebase has 1 1/2 weeks left to reply to my last letter!
and sort things out or else I will get angry, mad, and out for blood (well compensation for my time and phonecalls and chasing up there mistakes at least):mad:

manloveswife
13-May-09, 22:13
Had the same problems with our kitchen from homebase, only part deliveries, days in waiting for deliveries that did not come.

We finally got the bulk of the order then told them not to bother delivering the rest and badgered for a refund on the missing items. Then went to the local plumbers merchants for the missing bits such as the sink, taps etc.

Depends what you are missing but if you can get the bits elsewhere it might solve the problem.

Dadie
13-May-09, 22:23
Vital parts such as a 1000mm base unit a 400mm wall unit and door, a panel for the base units all colour matched to the rest of the kitchen.
So cannot go else where.....
STUCK!
without units in...cant get worktops on...so cant get sink fitted...and cannot get cooker in its place as the units that are either side are the ones that are missing....

poppett
15-May-09, 22:10
Have you tried enquiring at other Homebase stores if they have the items you need and the right colour finish they could stock transfer them to Wick for you perhaps.

Dadie
15-May-09, 22:27
Homebase in wick have found some in Dundee and hopefully we will have the missing bits tommorrow but I still dont know when we will get the replacement parts for the (now twice delivered) broken parts.

The last letter may have worked.... they want a meeting on 25th... to sort out the outstanding issues... fingers xx:eek:

Dadie
16-May-09, 15:15
The base unit panel that arrived today was for a wall unit:eek:
AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGH!

maverick
16-May-09, 15:31
what you should do is pack up your homebase kitchen, demand your money back and go to a proper kitchen supplier, if homebase say no then its off to court you go, legal action even the threat of it works wonders...

Dadie
16-May-09, 15:37
cant they dismantle it?
All the bits that were right/unbroken have been fitted by my hubby so I have some sort of kitchen to work in..

I want to keep my cooker though.....:eek:

Dadie
18-May-09, 15:19
Another broken unit arrived today....
Got a meeting with the regional manager on the 25th.
What else can go wrong???
What else will go wrong??

joxville
18-May-09, 15:47
His/your car could breakdown on the way to the meeting. :roll: :(

c23102001
19-May-09, 15:57
I would go along to the meeting with a stamped addressed envelope and strongly worded letter to the director of homebase, local press and watchdog!! This will show him that you are not messing around!!! There are too many companies not for filling there contracts.
Hope you get some luck soon!!