PDA

View Full Version : Charity Gig in Skinandis 24th May

moncur
11-May-09, 22:54
http://file047a.bebo.com/18/original/2009/05/11/21/229071081a10802016767o.jpg

fingalmacool
12-May-09, 00:54
Looks like it could be a good night, and worthy causes. any chance of letting the punters know of the running order, or hears a thought what about having a poll to see who plays where and when, apart from Whisky that is, as Headbangers/Headliners?:confused

PartChimp
12-May-09, 10:17
Thought Liquid Blue are called the Harlands now or sumfin? :confused

Kenneth
12-May-09, 10:27
isnt Scolley called Scollay or something?:lol:

Jeid
12-May-09, 11:06
Doesn't Bad Reputation got an 'S' on the end of it or something?

guitarzan
12-May-09, 16:34
i believe you are all correct.

Jeid
12-May-09, 16:55
OH! Do we get medals now?

Back to drums :(

moncur
12-May-09, 17:43
lol thanks for pointing out the errors folks, the poster was thrown together by a good friend at the last minute hence the minor spelling mistakes and lack of name change for The Harlands.

The running order is from Headliner downwards:

Whisky
Bad ReputationS
Empty Fortune
Prolific
ScollAy and Kenny
CHARITY WAX!
After Hours
NoExitWound
The Harlands (formerly Liquid Blue)

Just to give y'all a bit of background about the organisers. The three girls organising the gig have spent the last few months raising money for their charities by Running Karaoke Contests, Bingo Nights, Kids Discos, Ann Summers Nights with Slave Auctions to name but a few events and they all did a Skydive at the end of April!

zebedy
12-May-09, 18:17
Back to drums :(

get to it john!:D

guitarzan
12-May-09, 18:32
lol thanks for pointing out the errors folks, the poster was thrown together by a good friend at the last minute hence the minor spelling mistakes and lack of name change for The Harlands.

Whisky
Bad ReputationS
Empty Fortune
Prolific
ScollAy and Kenny
CHARITY WAX!
After Hours
NoExitWound

Just to give y'all a bit of background about the organisers. The three girls organising the gig have spent the last few months raising money for their charities by Running Karaoke Contests, Bingo Nights, Kids Discos, Ann Summers Nights with Slave Auctions to name but a few events and they all did a Skydive at the end of April!

yeah i have to say, if this is half as good craic as the karaoke then it'll be a winner... i for one will be down early doors to catch the start

nothing to do with booze, just for the music obviously.

Douglas Cowie
12-May-09, 19:28
yeah i have to say, if this is half as good craic as the karaoke then it'll be a winner... i for one will be down early doors to catch the start

nothing to do with booze, just for the music obviously.

Wise decision Guitarzan I think The Harlands set might just be the highlight of the day, some great new original material to be heard.

buddyrich
13-May-09, 10:36
Good job we're on early. Im on a camping trip that weekend and must get back to throw more sticks on the fire.

fingalmacool
14-May-09, 00:07

Whisky
Bad ReputationS
Empty Fortune
Prolific
ScollAy and Kenny
CHARITY WAX!
After Hours
NoExitWound

It doesn't take much to confuse me these days, but the line up seems to be a bit delusional, I know its for charity and "get as much as you can" but put on a show on for the punters in the process, so this being the case isn't it normal for the line up of bands to get progressively better as the night goes on, i do apologise if i am being derogatory to some bands but some of them that are on late(not including Whisky) in the day haven't played to a responsive audience in their career, so surly there has been a massive error by the person or persons that are giving advice as to the line up, Liquid Blue/Harland's have been cutting the mustard for some time now and deserve a better placement, No exit Wound have been supporting bigger Bands, in Glasgow, Inverness and Skins than any of the rest can dream off supporting, and After Hours are technically in a class of their own so whats the story.:confused

Metalattakk
14-May-09, 03:36
It's a charity gig, dude. Who cares who's higher/lower on the bill?

Kenneth
14-May-09, 10:19
i hope thast guy aint referrin to us or i will burst him

moncur
14-May-09, 12:32
It doesn't take much to confuse me these days, but the line up seems to be a bit delusional, I know its for charity and "get as much as you can" but put on a show on for the punters in the process, so this being the case isn't it normal for the line up of bands to get progressively better as the night goes on, i do apologise if i am being derogatory to some bands but some of them that are on late(not including Whisky) in the day haven't played to a responsive audience in their career, so surly there has been a massive error by the person or persons that are giving advice as to the line up, Liquid Blue/Harland's have been cutting the mustard for some time now and deserve a better placement, No exit Wound have been supporting bigger Bands, in Glasgow, Inverness and Skins than any of the rest can dream off supporting, and After Hours are technically in a class of their own so whats the story.:confused

Quite simply, a lot of people playing have other commitments to attend to on the day. The NEW drummer is playing elsewhere that day, as is the guitarist from Whisky so they can only attend at certain times. With After Hours, it was requested that they have an early slot as one of them has a slot on Caithness FM.

loganbiffy
14-May-09, 13:11
I don't really mind where we are on the bill, personally I'm glad it's an early slot as then we get plenty of time to get drunk and watch the other bands :)

It's the venue I have most concern with, everytime we seem to play there we never get a soundcheck lol.

Bring it on.

zebedy
14-May-09, 14:41
i hope thast guy aint referrin to us or i will burst him

Why would you do that? Because he shared his opinion on your musical adventure to date?

Kenneth
14-May-09, 14:47
Why would you do that? Because he shared his opinion on your musical adventure to date?

Yes! I am going to duff him up! And then you!!!

P.S. WHERES THE LEEEEEEEEEAD!!

theboss
14-May-09, 16:21
I don't really mind where we are on the bill, personally I'm glad it's an early slot as then we get plenty of time to get drunk and watch the other bands :)

It's the venue I have most concern with, everytime we seem to play there we never get a soundcheck lol.

Bring it on.

Since you're first on and it's an all day thing, chances are you'll be the ONLY band gettin a soundcheck. Everyone else will get line checks.

zebedy
14-May-09, 16:54
Since you're first on and it's an all day thing, chances are you'll be the ONLY band gettin a soundcheck. Everyone else will get line checks.

We've been informed we are on 2nd.

:confused

zebedy
14-May-09, 16:58
Yes! I am going to duff him up! And then you!!!

P.S. WHERES THE LEEEEEEEEEAD!!

http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff331/zelda_fanatic28/FacePalm.png

Jeid
14-May-09, 17:37
Jack, you suck! http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/facepalm.gif

zebedy
14-May-09, 18:00
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e97/Zebedy00/Jeid-Snortcopy.jpg

the_big_mac
14-May-09, 18:57

Brilliant!

fingalmacool
14-May-09, 19:09
It's a charity gig, dude. Who cares who's higher/lower on the bill?

Well I must apologise Metalfatigue that i didn't pass the issue past you for your appraisal before letting rip and apparently offending a few peeps but as the thread was slightly drifting into obscurity it has sparked it back into life so job done:confused

Mr Moncur, thank you for your reply, it has slightly eased the shaking in my legs at the thought of Kenneth giving me a bursting:lol:

And Mr Fatigue

its a big assumption that i am male (dude);)

Metalattakk
14-May-09, 22:06
its a big assumption that i am male (dude);)

Sorry dude. :D

Kenneth
14-May-09, 22:53
Fingal McCool, or should I say Fingal McNOTcool (you see what i did there) and Zebedy, or should I say....Zebegay (oh that was good!!)

I am afraid you have left me no options but to get out the guns, Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary. I will meet you in Skinandis Sunday 24th. Be prepared to have some serious bombs dropped on yo faces!!

Jeid
14-May-09, 23:07

Haha, I lol'd. That was taken the day after our first gig outside of Thurso... a long time ago now :)

zebedy
15-May-09, 02:41
Zebedy, or should I say....Zebegay (oh that was good!!)

I am afraid you have left me no options but to get out the guns, Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary. I will meet you in Skinandis Sunday 24th. Be prepared to have some serious bombs dropped on yo faces!!

oh such a shame that I won't be there to hear your set biy:confused

i'll be getting my blues, funk or rock on with john nd isaac in the newie after my set in skins, I never quite know whats coming next to be honest. Good banter :)

Kenneth
15-May-09, 07:54
Boo, cum and try and watch a bit of it! Cumae I was FRONT ROW when you boys were playin Skinny knees last time! I was goin wild, takin my bra off etc etc.

theboss
15-May-09, 10:04
We've been informed we are on 2nd.

Oh well, line check it is then.

DOC ROCK
15-May-09, 12:34
Haha, I lol'd. That was taken the day after our first gig outside of Thurso... a long time ago now :)

You have never aged a day jeid!! lol

Kenneth
15-May-09, 13:08
Jeid is Benjamin Button!

loganbiffy
15-May-09, 13:20
Oh well, line check it is then.

Oh well, kinda used to it now :)

Jeid
15-May-09, 13:27
You have never aged a day jeid!! lol

Very true Doc. Surely that picture will be getting the monacle treatment tonight?

buddyrich
16-May-09, 13:49
After Hours are technically in a class of their own

Just thought i'd quote that in case anyone missed it earlier in the thread. Thanks for the kind words.

Now that i read it again, I hope it was intended as a compliment. :)

It's handier for us to be on earlier because at least one of us has something on that evening. Rather than not support a charity event because of other commitments we're fine with our particular time slot. It's always nice to be asked to come along and play.

Regarding the slave auction, im going to bid on Calum and im going to win. Then when he's my official slave, im going to order him to sing Stop That Train over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

Cazart!

Deemac
16-May-09, 15:07
Sorry chaps (and chapesses), but you've ALL missed the main point (again) . . . . . .

- what does it matter who's on and when and if they get a sound or line check, the big question that know one has dared ask yet is . . . . (roll of drums and feedback) . . . . . .

. . . . . . WHO'S DOWN FOR THE WAXING (and which part is getting done!!):eek:

Jeid - it may even improve your aging process/image!!:lol:

moncur
16-May-09, 17:48
. . . . . . WHO'S DOWN FOR THE WAXING (and which part is getting done!!):eek:

Jeid - it may even improve your aging process/image!!:lol:

I know that Ian Disbury (Diz to most folk) is getting waxed, provided that there is enough wax to do the Wolverines legs!

moncur
20-May-09, 13:17
Couple of things I need to point out about the gig as people have asked about it:

Skinandis is operating its usual 'No Football Colours' Rule. This covers everything such as hats, scarves, replica shirts and other things such as offical training tops and other tops with club logos on it. So if you go to the gig after the footy is done then please make sure you change your attire first or keep it covered up.

Also, they will be issuing wristbands at the door. This will allow you to come and go from the venue as much as you like during the day.

zebedy
21-May-09, 00:35
Couple of things I need to point out about the gig as people have asked about it:

Skinandis is operating its usual 'No Football Colours' Rule. This covers everything such as hats, scarves, replica shirts and other things such as offical training tops and other tops with club logos on it. So if you go to the gig after the footy is done then please make sure you change your attire first or keep it covered up.

Also, they will be issuing wristbands at the door. This will allow you to come and go from the venue as much as you like during the day.

football colours?
I'm pretty sure I could name every team in the SPL just now have no clothes to wear after it if thats the case?

Metalattakk
21-May-09, 02:49
Easy answer zebedy - How many football teams wear denim and leather?

Sorted. ;)

zebedy
21-May-09, 09:46
http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/facepalm.gif

oh dear

theboss
21-May-09, 10:20
Easy answer zebedy - How many football teams wear denim and leather?

Sorted. ;)

Stevie Taylor United

Chobbersjnr
21-May-09, 14:23
Stevie Taylor United

help ma boab I just choked with laughter...... quality[lol][lol]

Metalattakk
21-May-09, 17:04
Stevie Taylor United

:D He shoots...he scores! \o/

moncur
25-May-09, 02:21
The Sunday Sesh was a success!

Every band had people on the dancefloor singing and dancing along.
Can easily say its one of the most fun gigs I've ever played.

Well done to Clare, Marion & Kerry for doing a great job at organising it & well done to the poor lads who got waxed!

Once I find out the figures for the amount they raised on the day I will post it here.

WicksyJunior
25-May-09, 13:12
big congrats on the sunday sesh,

damn pity i missed it,

hope everyone was well behaved !!!

Chobbersjnr
25-May-09, 19:19
top night......

damn loud & damn hot

great craic.

Deemac
25-May-09, 23:31
Just like to thank all the organisers / helpers / punters / Skins Staff / live sound crew / fellow musos etc for another Skins-wow-gig from all in the band Whisky.

It was suggested this could develop into an annual event and good cause fundraiser. Well done all.:Razz

theboss
26-May-09, 10:46
What a great day. A long day, but a great day.

Well done to the organisers of the event for all the work they put in. It paid off in the end. Well done to all the bands for their professionalism and the donation of their time and talents.

Roll on next year...?

loganbiffy
26-May-09, 11:52
Fantastic day, couldn't have asked for a better turn-out either.
Well done to everyone involved and it sounds like it's going to be a good total raised.

Hopefully it will become an annual event as well.

Kenneth
26-May-09, 12:49
Agreed, I had a great night, I remember it being verybusy, but then there is a big blank........but yes well done Marion and Kerry and all involved, band members, bar staff, and all those who supported some good causes :)

Olin
28-May-09, 10:10
Absolutely loved it!

Bands were awesome! Banter was rapid and drinks tasted damn good as usual!

Just wondering if it is law or just a Skinandi's decision that the under 18's get heaved out at 10pm?

Would have been nice to have everyone there till the end!

theboss
28-May-09, 12:15
Just wondering if it is law or just a Skinandi's decision that the under 18's get heaved out at 10pm?

Would have been nice to have everyone there till the end!

Pretty sure it's law, but even if it's not, alot of people there were becoming, how shall I say, rather jolly around that time so it makes sense to ask the under 18's to leave.