PDA

View Full Version : can someone give some advice please ?

ice box
05-Mar-06, 17:28
Iam heading back off to work tomorrow and i was just wondering about taking the laptop with me the hotel iam staying in has internet connection . you plug it in to there phone but dont know how it works iam wireless just now do i have to go back to dial up and would be charged to my own home account or added to my hotel bill . i've never done this before so any help would be appreciated thanks .:confused:

rs 2k
05-Mar-06, 18:10
hi
i think if you plug your laptop into the telephone sockets at the hotel your staying at, the cost of the call would be borne by the hotel thus on to your hotel bill(unless your internet service providers conection number is a free phone number).
A lot of the bigger hotels have now caught on to the requirement of wifi computer users, and they have a system in place were you can log on to hotels own server system, but i think you can still be charged for the use.

when i was on a course at the scotch corner hotel by darlington, i used my computer in the room i was staying at.the telephone bill for my stay was charged at national rate.

hope this helps give a indication.

other o.r.g. users could maybe help with the wi fi side of things, i only have a cheap laptop:~(

knightofeth
05-Mar-06, 18:17
I have taken my laptop with me when I've been staying at the Express by Holiday Inn in Inverness. It had wi-fi but it was stupidly expensive. If I remember correctly I bought 30 mins time and it cost around £2. If its not a big chain hotel like that I doubt they have wi-fi so you would need a modem.

ice box
05-Mar-06, 20:24
i just e mailed the hotel but no reply so i will take it and see how i get on thanks for your help .