PDA

View Full Version : Ladies night Thurso swimming pool

lildj
11-May-09, 18:43
Just wondering if any body else is a bit self-conscious about the male lifeguards being there on ladies night? I’m not that confident in my self so I go on ladies night where I feel more confident than in the public swimming. But now with the male guards there my confident has gone down again. Just wanted to know what the other regulars think?

Ash
11-May-09, 19:08
when is ladies night ?

*Martin*
11-May-09, 22:59
Is there a mens night?

davlaurjen
12-May-09, 00:11
Relax and enjoy your swim.I'm sure the attendants are professional enough to carry out their work without any fuss.

miss swanson
12-May-09, 09:43
the ladies night is on a tuesday night 8 to 9 it wouldnt b so bad if they were doing things but they sit on the bench and stare at every1 yea a no they are life guards but iv seen plent of female life gaurds in there to just seems so silly to me

dietcokegirl
12-May-09, 09:49
I was all for going to the pool for ladies night, then a friend told me that she had gone the week before and it had male lifegaurds, so that sort of put me off.
Dont get me wrong, i understand that there must be lifegaurds there, and for all i know there might not be any female ones available, but i do understand how it might make some ladies feel uncomfortable.

tonkatojo
12-May-09, 10:05
if any of you shy females ever get in trouble in the pool I don't think it will bother you if it was a male that pulled you out. ]

Venture
12-May-09, 11:29
Just wondering if any body else is a bit self-conscious about the male lifeguards being there on ladies night? I’m not that confident in my self so I go on ladies night where I feel more confident than in the public swimming. But now with the male guards there my confident has gone down again. Just wanted to know what the other regulars think?

It might be a case of the female lifeguards are on a different shift. Why don't you ask whoever organised the ladies night for female lifeguards to be present rather than male. If it means getting more to attend then I think they would accommodate you. You can only ask.

jings00
12-May-09, 16:06
it would be defeating the purpose to have a ladies night if there were men present, lifeguards or not?? even though they are professionals and there for a reason, not just general public.

golach
12-May-09, 16:21
if any of you shy females ever get in trouble in the pool I don't think it will bother you if it was a male that pulled you out. ]
I know I would not care who pulled me out of the pool if I was in difficulties either. I wonder if these are the same females that go around on holiday in Spain and warmer climates with next to nothing on....no shyness there :roll:

jay
12-May-09, 17:16
I actually think it's ridiculous having a ladies night - they don't have a mens night so that's sexist right away and on top of that it is getting virtually impossible to find a time when my husband and I can swim together

Westsider3
12-May-09, 19:08
I think Ladies' Night is a good thing. Loads of us don't like to be seen in our swimsuits and rather it being a female only night. I can't understand why male lifeguards are used for this session, it totally defeats the purpose. Especially when they do just sit and stare, it's very off-putting. And surely if the men out there are interested in a night for them only (just incase they feel left out!) then all they need to do is ask!!

*Martin*
12-May-09, 22:38
if the men out there are interested in a night for them only (just incase they feel left out!) then all they need to do is ask!!

Maybe the men are all too shy to ask in the same way all the women are too shy to ask why there are male life guards working on ladies night!

kgs
12-May-09, 22:39
do the big glass windows that anyone walking past can look in not defeat the purpose of any restricted sessions!

Metalattakk
13-May-09, 03:12
I think Ladies' Night is a good thing. Loads of us don't like to be seen in our swimsuits and rather it being a female only night.

Even on Ladies Night you are still being seen in your swimsuits, albeit by other women. What's the difference?

Or do you think that swimming pools are populated merely by grubby, lascivious, creepy old men who will use the vision of wobbly loveliness that is you as a basis for their wild, unfettered fantasies? :eek:

Dream on, wumman. [lol]

Aaldtimer
13-May-09, 04:19
I'm really surprised that there are so many delicate shrinking violets in our society who have such a problem with this.
The male Lifeguards aren't staring, they are just doing there job, watching! :roll:

rob1
13-May-09, 11:38
It’s quite simple as to why there are male lifeguards. If you told a man that he could not work a certain shift based only on his gender that would be sexual discrimination, hence illegal.

I think you ladies are quite lucky to even get a ladies nights. You should also be thankful that you have dedicated lifeguards on duty ensuring your safety and the least you could do is show a bit of gratitude rather than coming on to the org and questioning their professional integrity. Do you really think that these lifeguards are there to stare and perv at the ladies? God help us all if you need recued by one.

I don’t know anyone that likes to be seen in their swimwear even myself, but once you’re in the water no-one can see anything clearly due to the ripples of the water.

Westsider3
13-May-09, 13:58
Even on Ladies Night you are still being seen in your swimsuits, albeit by other women. What's the difference?

Or do you think that swimming pools are populated merely by grubby, lascivious, creepy old men who will use the vision of wobbly loveliness that is you as a basis for their wild, unfettered fantasies? :eek:

Dream on, wumman. [lol]

Sometimes I wonder what the point is in replying to any of the threads on this site.

At no point did I suggest that I think the pool is

"populated merely by grubby, lascivious, creepy old men who will use the vision of wobbly loveliness that is you as a basis for their wild, unfettered fantasies".

Just that some people are very insecure about their bodies and would rather not be seen by anyone whilst wearing their swimwear. Ideally I would love my own pool but we'll have to wait for the big lottery win for that and I doubt it'll ever happen!! In the meantime I will just have to be brave and keep going to the pool for the sake of my children.