PDA

View Full Version : Wick To Inverness Road

GGS
05-Mar-06, 16:17
Does anyone ken what the roads are like im travelling down tomorrow just wondering if it bad today.

jim shoe
05-Mar-06, 16:35
Does anyone ken what the roads are like im travelling down tomorrow just wondering if it bad today.where u hidin moug

tenabowla
05-Mar-06, 17:15
Thay can't be too clever north end, the newspaper vans were turned back at Helmsdale.

codex
05-Mar-06, 17:40
The roads are bad especially between helmsdale an wick. i caught the 16:35 bus from inverness to thurso yesterday, alot of the highspots were severly affected by drifting snow. at one point i thought the bus was going to jack knife... the bus driver did an excellent job at regaining control as the bus started to sway at a series of the tight bends between helmsdale and berriedale it was scary...i was surprised that the inverness - thurso buses were running this route. dont know what its like today

angela5
05-Mar-06, 17:44
My friend went off to Inverness today at lunch-time..she said the road was clear.

scotsboy
05-Mar-06, 18:19
Just a point of order - is it not the Thurso to Inverness road you are talking about........and of course the bit of the B road between Wick and Latheron.

Sandra
05-Mar-06, 18:27
Just a point of order - is it not the Thurso to Inverness road you are talking about........and of course the bit of the B road between Wick and Latheron.

If they are travelling from Wick, it is the A99 to Latheron, which isn't a B road.

I believe the A9 is from Scrabster (not Thurso) to Inverness :)

badger
05-Mar-06, 20:05
I drove back up yesterday getting home around lunchtime and it was a bit bad in places where snow had blown across the road but mostly clear. Signs said the snowgates at Helmsdale were closed but in fact they were open by the time we got to them. Can't imagine it will be much better after today - more snow and less traffic. Take care - plus a flask of coffee, rug, boots and spade :~(

GGS
05-Mar-06, 20:12
Thanks for that
Villarreal here we come

ice box
05-Mar-06, 20:17
Well it looks like i will be going to work tomorrow thats if they stay clear i see the wind is picking up that wont help .

Abdullah
05-Mar-06, 20:20
Go, GO Villareal:evil

Bingobabe
05-Mar-06, 22:53
I heard the roads were bad last nite my friend went of the road at hempriggs last nite ended up in a ditch shes alright thankfully dont know what their like eday sorry

Fran
05-Mar-06, 23:03
Phone the police before you go to check as the gates were closed at navidale. strange how the sunday papers got to thurso but not to wick, i missed my sunday paper to-day.

angela5
05-Mar-06, 23:07
The Wick to Inverness road today was clear..

connieb19
05-Mar-06, 23:08
The Wick to Inverness road today was clear..I wonder why there was no papers today then?:confused:

Moira
05-Mar-06, 23:17
Phone the police before you go to check as the gates were closed at navidale. strange how the sunday papers got to thurso but not to wick, i missed my sunday paper to-day.

Got Sunday Mail here today - delivered by DR Simpsons.

angela5
05-Mar-06, 23:17
I wonder why there was no papers today then?:confused:

My friend left at lunch-time she called me when she got to Inverness and said the roads were clear..

nancypotter45
06-Mar-06, 00:09
My brother-in-law drove to Aberdeen today and said roads were okay. Got my sunday papers from One Stop Shop. Wind is due to get up later on and more snow forecast so hard to say about roads, it is so changeable. Go Rangers. Hope you have a great time GGS

angela5
06-Mar-06, 02:31
The roads were clear from Glasgow to Wick tonight, i am surprised to see so much snow here.

dirdyweeker
06-Mar-06, 05:18
I got my Sunday papers in Wick today.

scrapydoo
06-Mar-06, 06:35
I was looking at the webcam at helemsdale about half an hour ago anyone making a trip this morning take care

The Pepsi Challenge
06-Mar-06, 07:14

'cause Thurso's more important, obviously.

scrapydoo
06-Mar-06, 10:58
I was looking at the webcam at helemsdale about half an hour ago anyone making a trip this morning take care
I have just been bad repped for this post and no name the bad repper left -says who, you.

krieve
06-Mar-06, 11:12
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f318/krieves/Ord__3.jpg i like the message

angela5
06-Mar-06, 11:14
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f318/krieves/Ord__3.jpg i like the message

Someone was brave....[lol]

saxovtr
06-Mar-06, 14:47
nice 1whos responsible?

molly dolly
06-Mar-06, 15:08