PDA

View Full Version : That special song, Have you got over over it yet???

Rheghead
11-May-09, 12:57
Has a special song meant so much to you from the remnants of a relationship that when it comes over the airwaves you cower away into whatever you usually do when something hurts emotionally????

I feel liberated now, I don't need to be emotionally tied to Queen's You're My Best Friend, time has healed magnificently [lol]

Mrs Bucket
11-May-09, 13:13
Island of Dreams Dusty Springfield. It wasnt yesterday or the day before no problem now but I still have mixed memories.

balto
11-May-09, 15:20
oh mines has to be brian adams - everything i do i do it for you, was with an ex at the time, just hearing it reminds me of him, and its notr through kind thoughts. mind you saying that my nephew was born the sunday it went to no1 18 years ago, omg how old do i feel.

now with my current other half, our song is lionel ritchie three times a lady.

Gene Hunt
11-May-09, 15:27
"Little Miss Cant be Wrong" by the Spin Doctors reminds me of an ex girlfriend. I still smile when I remember the look on her face when she found that out.

Invisible
11-May-09, 16:10
With or Without You - u2 - shared our first dance and first kiss to this song, still brings a shudder to me when I hear it.

purplelady
11-May-09, 23:34
guess it has to be without you by nelson was mine and my ex husbands song in the days when we could not live without each other where did those days go x

TBH
11-May-09, 23:44
I used to love her, but I had to Kill her ... Guns 'N' Roses.

davlaurjen
12-May-09, 00:01
Lay,Lady,Lay by Bob Dylan:(

Anne x
12-May-09, 00:09
Layla Clapton , closely followed by Beautiful Tonight clapton him no me ;)

butterfly
12-May-09, 03:12
Bob Seger,Against the Wind and Night Moves.

Kevin Milkins
12-May-09, 03:56
oh mines has to be brian adams - everything i do i do it for you, was with an ex at the time, just hearing it reminds me of him, and its notr through kind thoughts. mind you saying that my nephew was born the sunday it went to no1 18 years ago, omg how old do i feel.

now with my current other half, our song is lionel ritchie three times a lady.

I was working part time as a bouncer when that was number one and it was played that much I grew to hate it with a vengeance:mad:.

Was it that long ago.:eek:

joxville
12-May-09, 07:43
Dave Edmunds~I Knew The Bride (When She Used To Rock & Roll) ;)

loobyloo
12-May-09, 20:31
Whole of the Moon, The Waterboys, which is Hellish because I still love the song but I cringe everytime I hear it.

That's life, I guess........

loobyloo
12-May-09, 21:45
Oh and Donna Summer's I feel love; Clarence Carter's one time hit, whole other story. Not over either of them. Should get out more.

Green_not_greed
13-May-09, 12:56
I don't need to be emotionally tied to Queen's You're My Best Friend, time has healed magnificently [lol]

I'm glad to hear it, but I am rather surprised - I thought Dylan's "Blowin' In The Wind" would have been more appropriate.......

ShelleyCowie
13-May-09, 13:01
Me and my oh have 2 songs,

Unintended by Muse and Exo politics by Muse.

The 2 songs come together really well

Lyric line from unintended - i'll be there as soon as i can but im busy mending broken pieces of the life i had before (Think its my signature)

Lyric line from exo politics - Im waiting patiently

Rheghead
13-May-09, 13:01
I'm glad to hear it, but I am rather surprised - I thought Dylan's "Blowin' In The Wind" would have been more appropriate.......

In your case it should be "A Moth to a Flame"

Cedric Farthsbottom III
13-May-09, 13:12
'Sonnet',by the Verve.Mrs Farthsbottom and I,danced to this song for our first dance still haven't got over it yet.The other one,'Right here waiting for you',by Richard Marx,song playing on the radio as the car came to pick us up to my grandmothers funeral.Have got over this one as it was right for the time,but now listening to it,its as cheesier as Wotsits.:lol:

Green_not_greed
13-May-09, 13:42
"A Moth to a Flame"

Robben Ford - now that's taste!