PDA

View Full Version : Music from your past.

Rheghead
11-May-09, 11:30
What musicians from your era or before your time have you discovered and have completely ignored (through no fault of your own) until later in life? And you completely are blown away by them and a little voice says you are stupid to have missed their height of success and missed the boat.

Crosby Stills and Nash are my retro-discovery, what was I doing?????? :confused :D

Geo
11-May-09, 11:38
Heard Comfortably Numb on the radio about a year ago. How on earth had I missed that and the whole Pink Floyd thing? It was amazing. Having said that I've only heard a couple of tracks since.

davem
11-May-09, 11:49
Geo
You should catch futurelegends on CFM on a thursday evening - floyd by the bucketload esp. if you ask!

davem
11-May-09, 11:51
Morphine - discovered a couple of years ago, saddened to find the vocalist had already died.
One of the few really original sounds to come through recently.

Gene Hunt
11-May-09, 12:09
Discovered The Who when I was doing research for a test presentation on an aircraft of my choice. I chose the F-14 Tomcat of "Top Gun" fame and came across "Baba O Riley" as the first tune on this clip .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqyI04WDZlQ .. that tune rocks, even my daughters love it.

I went out and bought as much Who stuff as I could and I love it. How on earth did I miss The Who all these years ??, what was I thinking ?? .. :eek:

MadPict
11-May-09, 16:51
I watched the programme on Peter Green the other night. I 'discovered' him a couple of years back when I heard a couple of tracks from his album "Destiny Road" - a great musician and certainly a must hear.

Many of the bands from my youth that I poo-pooed have now become 'listenable' in my dotage and so have the genres I now can happily sit back and listen to.

Others I intend to investigate are Robin Trower, Rory Gallacher (have "Etched In Blue") - are the blues a prerequisite of old age?.....:)