PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Julie R
11-May-09, 00:44
My Name is Julie Mclean, I am from North Queensland Australia and I am researching the following families in caithness.
William Ritchie from Freswick married Elspet( elizabeth) Bremner 1817( daughter of Alexander Bremner & Isobel Rosie) and had the following children between and who they married:
Isobel married James Sutherland,
Margaret married david Lyall
Mary/ Marion married George Bain
Elizabeth married James Rosie
Jane ( don't know what happen to her)
Janet
William
Alexander
John
archibald married Helen Henderson ( daughter of William Alexander & helen Henderson) immigrated to Australia from glasgow in 1883.
would love to make contact with any of Archibalds sibblings, relatives or decendants.

Mamie_2
14-May-09, 14:43
was unmarried age 42 dairymaid in Bower on 1871 census

My interest in this family is mostly the Rosie connections and the Freswick location.

Mamie

Julie R
19-May-09, 06:08
Hi i have some of the Rosie family i found this during my research. But i have nothing after this. Can you fill in any gaps.

1881 Census. Nybster, Wick,caithness.
Film 0203403-043-18-7.
Elizabeth Rosie Wife, Head,Farmer,53,F, Canisbay.
James Rosie,Son,servant,u/m,24,m,Wick.
Dorothy Rosie,dau,servant,u/m,15,f,Wick
Jane Rosie,dau,servant,u/m,12,f,Wick
Johan rosie,dau,servant,u/m,8,wick.
Elizabeth Richey,Widow, boarder,dependant,80,f,Canisbay. ( this is Elizabeth "Bremner" Ritchie)

Mamie_2
20-May-09, 01:49
James Rosie died Jun 8 1876 in Wick of chronic cystitis and debility, 2 months
Elizabeth Ritchie died Oct 21 1911 of senile decay and syncope

Their son James married Catherine Coghill and died Feb 5 1920 of bronchitis and heart failure

James Rosie and Elizabeth Ritchie had 11 children all together.
Elizabeth, Mary, Alexander, William, Margaret, James, George, Dorothy, Johan, Jane and Isabella

Their son Alexander married Jane Miller Dec 1 1875 and had two daughters that I know of.
Ann Rosie 1878 and Lizzie Jane 1886

Their daughter Isabella married James Munro Cormack.

I haven't found any other information for their other children ...yet

Mamie