PDA

View Full Version : Greg Pritchard-Britains Got Talent

joxville
10-May-09, 15:57
Seen this guy last night on the show. What a voice, though what comes out is totally unexpected. I predict he'll go far in the show, definitely final material. As well as the great voice he really looked relaxed and laid back, thoroughly enjoyed himself, plus he's a great looking guy so the girls are gonna love him.

In case you missed it listen to him here (http://talent.itv.com/videos/video/item_200163.htm)

Kodiak
10-May-09, 16:00
I agree Jox he was excellent. A COMPLETE Surprise but Excellent :eek:

Venture
10-May-09, 16:37
Seen this guy last night on the show. What a voice, though what comes out is totally unexpected. I predict he'll go far in the show, definitely final material. As well as the great voice he really looked relaxed and laid back, thoroughly enjoyed himself, plus he's a great looking guy so the girls are gonna love him.

In case you missed it listen to him here (http://talent.itv.com/videos/video/item_200163.htm)

He's certainly got the full package and will give the others in the semis a run for their money. I think everyone expected him to start singing something heavy metal. The look of shock on the panel's faces when he did sing was priceless. I predict he will go far.:)

ShelleyCowie
10-May-09, 17:44
He sent shivers down my spine! Absolutely awsome! Never heard anything like it, better than Paul Potts i would say! :D

Liz
10-May-09, 17:51
Yes it was a real shock when he started singing wasn't it? However, once over that he really does have a great voice and a great look.

ShelleyCowie
10-May-09, 18:04
Yes it was a real shock when he started singing wasn't it? However, once over that he really does have a great voice and a great look.

Ahh his looks! He was definetely easy on the eyes eh Liz! ;)

Liz
10-May-09, 18:07
Ahh his looks! He was definetely easy on the eyes eh Liz! ;)

Aye he certainly was Shelley!lol Hairstyle could do wi being tamed a wee bit though?:lol:

Margaret M.
10-May-09, 18:32
Wow, that was a shocker. I took at look at the Dream Bears video -- not potential winners by any means, but very funny. There's a bunch of great acts this season it will be interesting to see who rises to the top.

Rie
10-May-09, 19:04
loved him, thats all i can say love his look and his voice would certainly go see him live and buy cds.

butterfly
10-May-09, 19:42
Never expected him to sing like that! Excellent.

Iffy
10-May-09, 20:24
Well I've commented before about people singing with which I'VE thought a fantastic voice and NO ONE has agreed with me......, this guy is "different" BUT NOT up to BGT standard...... guess I'll be shot down in flames now................

Invisible
10-May-09, 21:29
I thought this guy was brilliant. I was more than half cut when watching him on tv last night but I was amazed like nothing on earth,
Simon said - "It's like a dog that meow's, would i like a dog that meow's. i suppose i would"
I hope he goes on to the final as i know how hard it can be being a waiter and wanting to be a singer.

Fluff
10-May-09, 21:50
Did anyone else think he looked quite feminine? I wonder if it is connected to his voice or just coincidence.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
10-May-09, 22:08
I thought Greg was rubbish.Singing a popular operatic solo in a womans tone.It was like Metallica singing a Britney Spears tune.Not amused.[disgust]:lol:

Kodiak
10-May-09, 22:27
I thought Greg was rubbish.Singing a popular operatic solo in a womans tone.It was like Metallica singing a Britney Spears tune.Not amused.[disgust]:lol:

Just for your information he Did Not sing, as you say, in a womans tone. He is a Soprano and it is a perfectly valid for a Male to sing like this.

You mught not like his singing and that is your choice, but I think you will in the minority as most people will recognise his talent.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
10-May-09, 22:33
Just for your information he Did Not sing, as you say, in a womans tone. He is a Soprano and it is a perfectly valid for a Male to sing like this.

You mught not like his singing and that is your choice, but I think you will in the minority as most people will recognise his talent.

He sung like a wummin.Thats what Simon meant by a dog meowing like a cat.:lol::lol:

Kevin Milkins
10-May-09, 23:46
Its amazing what can be achieved with an elastic band,:eek:;)

Connor.
11-May-09, 00:13
The first thing i said when i saw "him" was "Jesus, he could of put a comb through his hair." I was expecting something similar to a rock/punk band style song. There should of been a warning beforehand about how ridiculous it was, that'd stop people choking on their food/drink

wickscorrie
11-May-09, 11:48
he was brilliant, from what he said on gmtv this morning he can sing full range but chose this one to showcase his top range and get noticed, crikey if i could sing in one range i'd be happy.
take my hats off to the judges, imagine how much rubbish they have to sit through before they stumble across the decent ones

woofit
11-May-09, 11:55

I have a feeling some boys might like him too :lol:
Great voice though

arana negra
12-May-09, 08:09
I thought he looked a bit Russell Brand ish and yes the voice was a shock but I liked him.

badger
12-May-09, 20:46
He sung like a wummin.Thats what Simon meant by a dog meowing like a cat.:lol::lol:

Actually he sang like a male soprano, which is what he is. There are several types of higher male voices - alto, counter-tenor, male soprano. The fact that you have never heard one before is no reason to be insulting. Simon Cowell should have known better - he's supposed to be a professional yet he doesn't even know the range of male voices.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
13-May-09, 11:56
Actually he sang like a male soprano, which is what he is. There are several types of higher male voices - alto, counter-tenor, male soprano. The fact that you have never heard one before is no reason to be insulting. Simon Cowell should have known better - he's supposed to be a professional yet he doesn't even know the range of male voices.

I apologise for my uncultured uncouthness.I was only posting my initial thoughts of his performance.As with everything,I have listened to him again on you tube.I no longer think he is rubbish.He still sings like a woman though,IMO.:D

badger
13-May-09, 18:00
I apologise for my uncultured uncouthness.I was only posting my initial thoughts of his performance.As with everything,I have listened to him again on you tube.I no longer think he is rubbish.He still sings like a woman though,IMO.:D

You're not uncultured as I suspect most people have never heard a male soprano (they are pretty unusual), just a bit rude :) Simon Cowell, as a professional talent seeker, should know more about his subject.

Forgot to mention - I've known a few female tenors so gender is really irrelevant. Also I don't think he does sing like a woman - there is a definite difference. Sopranos have the same range as trebles but they don't sound the same. Maybe male sopranos should be called adult trebles ? :eek:

joxville
16-May-09, 21:27
Apart from the dancers, tonights show was rather flat. Also, I'm sure the Irish dancer that was on at the start is the nutter that ran on to the circuit during the British Grand Prix a few years ago.

Ash
16-May-09, 22:05
i loved the wee girl who sang alicia keys also the dancers with the protesting and the lad at the end, loved the dancing!