PDA

View Full Version : Police appealing for witnesses

lhm
10-May-09, 09:44
I see that the police are appealing for witnesses for various crimes on the home page of the org i noticed that two of them i would have thought would have been covered by cctv cameras one was a person damaging flowers on high street last sat/sun and the other was a serious assualt on a male in the camps car park at 2.35am last sun it should be easy enough to find witnesses as at that time the waterfront would be comming out so there would be plenty of people around and are these cctv systems any good.

The Angel Of Death
12-May-09, 10:09
CCTV cameras are really good the problems are that they are not manned at all or even on auto (if they can be done like that) so basically if your doing anything dodgy right under them your quite liable to get away with it

Nice to see ministers can claim hundreds of quid in expenses yet we have a perfectly good system that is being left to rot because its not being used due to funds etc

robfal
16-May-09, 21:18
I have noticed this on the org that the person that was assaulted and rendered unconcious was related to me i find it hard to believe that no one has come forward as to witness this as there was more than one person involved and this could have been a very serious case and a very cowardly attack on one person.

catran
16-May-09, 21:48
I have noticed this on the org that the person that was assaulted and rendered unconcious was related to me i find it hard to believe that no one has come forward as to witness this as there was more than one person involved and this could have been a very serious case and a very cowardly attack on one person.
Where were the boabies that usually sit in their limosines in theCamps Car park?It is high time them boabies were out on the beat on their feet like Tiptoes used to be when I was young. The only criminal activities I saw in them days were kicking the milk machine when the sixpence would not go down after coming back to Wick off the dance bus and quick as a flash there he was saying he was to tell our mothers and we all scuttled away as if hit by a bomb. No fancy cameras then but no violence as such either, e
Tiptoes, Sandy rosie, Ronnie Ball and them lot were to the fore and nipped any trouble in the bud Good days. They were on their toes and had everyone sussed out nowadays they do not know who is who because they do not do walk abouts and know the youngsters./

Alice in Blunderland
16-May-09, 21:50
eTiptoes, sandy rosie, Ronnie Ball and them lot were to the fore and nipped any trouble inthe bud Good days.

I believe they also dished out immediate punishment when caught..........no waiting for court.;)

catran
16-May-09, 21:58
I believe they also dished out immediate punishment when caught..........no waiting for court.;)
Hit it right on the nail Alice, we were scareder for our mothers if we got caught doing anything bad........and that was Tiptoes threat that frightened the life out of us all, none of this stupid three times in court ect ect costing the tax payer.... Don't get me started.. the fiscals office up Mowat Lane with one secretary, lordies I am telling my age now.Good old days, all good times and no hazzle and no badness as such.

Alice in Blunderland
16-May-09, 22:11
They were on their toes and had everyone sussed out nowadays they do not know who is who because they do not do walk abouts and know the youngsters./

I believe there is a story about tiptoes arriving at someone who had committed a crimes house before the they did and he just waited until he arrived home to chastise him and take him into custody. :lol: Only a story told by my dad but I believe it.

*Martin*
16-May-09, 22:14
This guy (tiptoes) sounds like an absolute hero!!!!

catran
16-May-09, 23:23
Yes he was and put many delinquent teenagers of an era gone bye to good and tht's what it should all be about. I feel sure many others will remember him and his torch, after the dance bus came back to wick, no guns and weapons in them days. not even a baton. Good grief I am getting old but those were the days of good times, no crime as such and one word from the boabies sent you all scurrying home incase your mother found out. No computers, games and all that nonsense, help I am begining to sound like my grannie. But lovely memories of a time gone by.

Fran
17-May-09, 01:29
I think Sheriff Ewan Stewart kept crime down, he was very strict with his sentences.

phil1958
03-Sep-09, 11:34
hi i remember tiptoes caught me once when i was about 11yrs old i was havin a pee in the lane between drsimpsons and he gave me a scud in the ear and sent me home with a warning then the next time i saw him he took me too the icecream shop and bought me an icecream thats the days off the good bobbys on the beat ...sandy rosie and ronny ball were also good guys in my day...:Razz

Gizmo
03-Sep-09, 11:51
I think Sheriff Ewan Stewart kept crime down, he was very strict with his sentences.

Ewan Stewart was an absolute disgrace as a Sheriff, there was no logic to his sentencing, large fines for a minor breach of the peace, and then miniscule fines for assault, the man made no sense what-so-ever.

tisme
03-Sep-09, 12:13
Ewan Stewart was an absolute disgrace as a Sheriff, there was no logic to his sentencing, large fines for a minor breach of the peace, and then miniscule fines for assault, the man made no sense what-so-ever.

I agree the man was a half wit. Aye the do-gooders have got a lot to answer for. :rolleyes:

silverfox57
03-Sep-09, 13:12
Sergeant mackay was a force of his own ,if he could not stop
trouble,his next stop was your home where he made sure your
father stopped it,no note pockets,or pc back then but wick
was great place to be in the 60s:lol:

ŠAmethyst
03-Sep-09, 13:54

It is shocking, but sadly not uncommon. A friend of mine was set on fire at his 18th birthday party last year. No one came forward as witnesses even though there was a lot of people there at the time. It seems that the locals are too scared of the person who poured petrol on the poor kid and set him alight.

Dispite the good medical care that he got at the time - he now has to live with terrible scarring for the rest of his life. And the maniac that did it still hasn't been held accountable. :(

philupmaboug
03-Sep-09, 19:19
Most of those old bobby's were in Wick for the duration of thier service.... now the police are mandatorily moved every 5 to 7 years so any knowledge or bond they have made with the community is lost and at the moment most of them are probationers who cant go out on thier own or they havent passed the police driving test so cant drive the cars or van! The asylum is being run by the inmates at the moment and our taxmoney is being wasted but not the fault of the beat cop its the brass hats and the red tape that is making thier job nearly impossible.

domino
03-Sep-09, 19:52
I remember Tiptoes very well. he would come into the Mission snooker hall and sit and blether and try to suss out what was happening in the town. A crafty old so anso. He had me up in court once. The offence? Two of us on a bicycle going back to the High School after dinner!! 10/- fine!!!

gleeber
03-Sep-09, 20:14
It's odd how some threads on the org have a connectiion with a piece of Scottish history. Apparently bobbies dishing out clips on the ear was a regular occurance but a case from Thurso in the very early 60s was instrumental in changing that culture. In fact it changed the law of the land.
There's a book in the reference section of Thurso library detailing the case of 2 Thurso bobbies who maybe went a bit further than the clip on the lug deterant and the local family took the case to court. It was held in Inverness High Court and if I recall the 2 bobbies were found not proven but the luggard was outlawed from that time.

sids
03-Sep-09, 21:49
If I remember correctly, the nickname was Tiptoe. Not "Tiptoes."

Anyone remember Pokerback, Clinkanheels, Moleskinlugs or Kettlebelly?

Anyone remember the downfall and jailing, for crimes against humanity, of PC Moleskinlugs (also called Leatherlugs)?