PDA

View Full Version : for mums and dads with young children.

the poacher
09-May-09, 15:44
my youngest son has a question to ask.

he doesnt know if he want to collect POCAMON cards or UGIO cards i aint got a clue what they are so could you please help?

could you ask your children which ones they think are the best please.

thanks the wee man will be so delighted for some replies.

gunnlass
09-May-09, 18:09
My lot did a bit of both but they prefered the pokemon cards, they remember the characters better and there is a lot more toys/games/movies to do with pokemon.

Sandra_B
10-May-09, 11:58
My boys are 7 and 9 and they and their friends are mad for Pokemon cards.

floyed
10-May-09, 12:54
Agree with the above i think pokemon is the in thing!

Connor.
10-May-09, 17:40
Pokemon is generally more popular, less complicated.

Pokemon i would say.

Rie
10-May-09, 18:58
pokemon is easier for parents to understand when asked to play!!!
my son seemed to go through a phase of collecting any cards which made it all very confusing:roll:

puppygirl
10-May-09, 20:56
i used to have pokemon cards but i didnt like them so i asked my mum if i could get ugio cards cos everyone in school has them so she got me them and they were quite fun to play and trade the cards:lol::lol::lol:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
10-May-09, 22:14
The yougest Farthsbottom kid has asked to say poacher that Pokemon is the way to go.The oldest Farthsbottom kid is now into Lucy Pinder,the joys of growing up.:lol::lol:

lagertops
10-May-09, 22:18
I can sell you loads of each! Much cheapness!

joxville
10-May-09, 22:25
The yougest Farthsbottom kid has asked to say poacher that Pokemon is the way to go.The oldest Farthsbottom kid is now into Lucy Pinder,the joys of growing up.:lol::lol:

Is Dad jealous? [lol]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
10-May-09, 22:42
Is Dad jealous? [lol]

[lol]Naw Sam Fox for me,jox.Too old for Pokemon it was Panini Football stickers for me.LOL

unicorn
10-May-09, 22:55
it was pokemon here, the games are good fun too.

*Martin*
11-May-09, 00:34
Just give him regular playing cards! It'll benefit him later in life to know what a Royal Flush is rather than to know who's pokemon beats the other due to it's crazy powers (sorry I don't actually know about pokemon. Not that you would've guessed)
Depending on his age you could start him on Snap! then move to Rummy and by Christmas you could have him playing Texas HoldEm

It will cost £1 for 54 cards (Can't forget those crazy jokers) rather than 50p for 5 cards (That's roughly how many cards I got in a pack when I was a kid)

If he is hell bent on getting these devil cards make him get a job - they aint cheap and why should you pay for his 'habit'

Speaking of 'habits' keep an eye on him, I've seen too many good kids going down the wrong road just to get their latest fix. If he starts talking about "Trading a double shiny for a bronze power poke" it's time to call the priory!

Lets not forget the best part of a deck of playing cards. If he's bad you can rap jack his knuckles!!!!!!