PDA

View Full Version : Politicians & PLC Bosses

Socrates
09-May-09, 11:33
Is there any difference between the current crop of politicians caught with hands in the till, and the recently disgraced bank bosses who negotiated million pound plus pay offs and pensions.

Rheghead
09-May-09, 11:47
Is there any difference between the current crop of politicians caught with hands in the till, and the recently disgraced bank bosses who negotiated million pound plus pay offs and pensions.

I would like to know how much you would pay an MP annually and quoting any expenses that they could claim for?:confused

Penelope Pitstop
09-May-09, 11:48
This is a hard question..... lol

Mmmm, let me think, is it that the RBS guy probably didn't get away with claiming for his kit kat or hanging baskets from the bank expenses account....Is that the right answer??? lol

Miro
13-May-09, 19:07
I would like to know how much you would pay an MP annually and quoting any expenses that they could claim for?:confused

Your question tends to imply that MPs receive a salary that is not reflective of the work they do. Indeed I believe that this is the case. MPs should probably receive somewhere in the region of 85K per year with expenses tightly regulated to ensure the system is not manipulated. It is perhaps unfortunate that it has taken the media to uncover the extent to which SOME MPs have been manipulating 'the system' however this sort of thing happens all the time in public organisations.

Cinderella's Shoe
13-May-09, 21:05
I agree - MPs are generally underpaid for the time they put in and the responsibilities they carry. But I don't believe many would support them having a rise in this economic climate or after a good few have been caught with their hands "in the till". I believe most were simply manipulating a system available to them that was open to abuse and had been for many years.