PDA

View Full Version : Found Cat - Thurso Area

happy_83
04-Mar-06, 17:52
Found Cat, believed to be female and about 3/4 years old. Very friendly, very hungry cat!

'She' was found in the Duncanshill / Dixonfield area of Thurso. No collar but defiantly not wild as far to friendly.

Found on Friday (3rd) March.

Hoping to post pictures in next hour or so.

Anybody recognise this cat?

happy_83
04-Mar-06, 18:11
Pictures of cat:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f38/happy_83/CAT1.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f38/happy_83/cat2.jpg

unicorn
04-Mar-06, 19:41
What a bonny cat someone will be missing her for sure well done for taking her in....:)

cuddlepop
04-Mar-06, 19:46
Has anyone any idea why all these cats are going missing?.:confused:
It looks so friendly and lovable someone is bound to be missing him.
Does anyone no if evelyn has found her cat yet.

evelyn
04-Mar-06, 21:28
Really nice of you to be asking, Cuddlepop.....but sadly no sightings of Kev yet. I keep the porch window open in the hope that he'll be lying on his blanket one of these mornings.
Hope this lovely cat is reunited with her owner soon...mind you she looks like she's being very well looked after where she is.
evelyn

happy_83
05-Mar-06, 11:08
Really nice of you to be asking, Cuddlepop.....but sadly no sightings of Kev yet. I keep the porch window open in the hope that he'll be lying on his blanket one of these mornings.
Hope this lovely cat is reunited with her owner soon...mind you she looks like she's being very well looked after where she is.
evelyn

Hi Evelyn

I hope your cat turns up safe and sound soon :)

This cat's still with us and your right she's being well looked after much to the annoyance of our resident cat and dog!

I think she may be younger than we initially thought, we think she may only be one.

Liz
05-Mar-06, 14:38
It's really kind of you to take this cat in out of the cold. She is lovely and looks very happy where she is.

Sadly, no one has called CP to report her missing but, if they do, I will let you know.

Have you tried the Vets and SSPCA to see whether she has been reported missing there?

happy_83
05-Mar-06, 15:33
It's really kind of you to take this cat in out of the cold. She is lovely and looks very happy where she is.

Sadly, no one has called CP to report her missing but, if they do, I will let you know.

Have you tried the Vets and SSPCA to see whether she has been reported missing there?

Hi Liz

Thanks for your message. The SSPCA have been contacted but no one had reported her missing as yet. A notice has also been put up in a local shop and someones been round knocking on local doors but so far no one knows this cat.

I had a look on the CP website just to see if she was mentioned on there, so if you do hear anything that would be great. We're planning on taking her to the vets in the next couple of days just to get her checked over etc and we'll put some notice up there.

In the meantime she's made herself at home and we're more than happy to keep her fed and warm.

connieb19
05-Mar-06, 15:37
Hi Liz

Thanks for your message. The SSPCA have been contacted but no one had reported her missing as yet. A notice has also been put up in a local shop and someones been round knocking on local doors but so far no one knows this cat.

I had a look on the CP website just to see if she was mentioned on there, so if you do hear anything that would be great. We're planning on taking her to the vets in the next couple of days just to get her checked over etc and we'll put some notice up there.

In the meantime she's made herself at home and we're more than happy to keep her fed and warm.Good on you Happy 83. She's lucky to have you loking after her. :)

krieve
06-Mar-06, 07:48
Any luck in finding her owner yet happy 83?

happy_83
06-Mar-06, 21:17
Any luck in finding her owner yet happy 83?

No Krieve no word as yet, will keep everyone posted

happy_83
07-Mar-06, 19:28
Just wanted to bring this message back to the front of the forum

cuddlepop
07-Mar-06, 21:59
yeah, its good to keep this thread fresh.that cat you found must belong to someone maybe the owners are away or stuck, snowed in somewhere.:confused:

Liz
07-Mar-06, 23:16
As the cat is so friendly it will definitely have belonged to someone at some time but the sad fact is that cats like these are found as 'strays' all the time and no one reports them missing.

It is a real shame but cats are often 'abandoned' for one reason or another and it is left to kind people like happy_83 to care for them.:(

Really hope an owner does come forward or , if not, that some kind person will give her a home.

janebudge
08-Mar-06, 13:41
Thank you very much for calling me last night about my missing cat Castlegreen Road area. Seen photos of the cat you found, hope someone comes foreward. My cat still missing getting very worried for his safety never been gone more than a night been 3 nights now. Good on you for housing the cat. Thanks again

janebudge
08-Mar-06, 20:22
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

happy_83
08-Mar-06, 20:39
Thank you very much for calling me last night about my missing cat Castlegreen Road area. Seen photos of the cat you found, hope someone comes foreward. My cat still missing getting very worried for his safety never been gone more than a night been 3 nights now. Good on you for housing the cat. Thanks again

Hi Jane

Your very welcome, i'm just sorry the cat we have isn't yours. I really hope your cat finds its way home soon. :)

janebudge
09-Mar-06, 10:46
Hi happy 83 just to let you know bazel turned up at 4.45 this morning very hungry, and apart from some green paint? on him he's ok.He's now lying sleeping his belly full of fish. Thanks again. Any luck finding owner of your new house guest?????????
Hi Jane

Your very welcome, i'm just sorry the cat we have isn't yours. I really hope your cat finds its way home soon. :)

happy_83
09-Mar-06, 22:08
Hi happy 83 just to let you know bazel turned up at 4.45 this morning very hungry, and apart from some green paint? on him he's ok.He's now lying sleeping his belly full of fish. Thanks again. Any luck finding owner of your new house guest?????????

Jane

So glad that's Bazel is safe and well, bit odd about the green paint but hopefully it'll stop him from wandering to far again!

No our new house guest is still here with us. No reports of an owner yet. Hopefully the owner will come forward soon. This cat is so friendly i'm sure someone is missing it somewhere. We took it to the vets the other day just to see if it was micro chipped but sadly no joy as yet :(

It's so strange that all these cats are going missing at the moment, like someone else said maybe theres a cat club or something!

happy_83
12-Mar-06, 13:19
Just wanted to bring this message back to the front of the board.

This cat has been with us for just over a week now and still no sign of the owner, does anyone know of someone who's missing their cat and may not have seen this post?

Theres also an notice in the local shop etc but still no joy.

Thanks

janebudge
15-Mar-06, 17:34
Cant believe no one has come foreward for the cat, guess your house guest is going to be a new member of the family. Last week i was up to high dough about Bazel and have read some heart breaking stories of missing cats, so find it hard to understand why????? no one has been in touch. Maybe the cat was left because they could'nt cope or moved away. Maybe you'll never know??????
Just wanted to bring this message back to the front of the board.

This cat has been with us for just over a week now and still no sign of the owner, does anyone know of someone who's missing their cat and may not have seen this post?

Theres also an notice in the local shop etc but still no joy.

Thanks

Wickerchick
15-Mar-06, 17:44
She looks like a lovely cat i used to have but sadly got run over, she was just a year old aswell.:~(

Yvonne
15-Mar-06, 22:37
evelyn

Evelyn,

Really sorry to learn of your missing cat. Any news of him?

Yvonne

Yvonne
15-Mar-06, 22:39
Hi Evelyn

I hope your cat turns up safe and sound soon :)

This cat's still with us and your right she's being well looked after much to the annoyance of our resident cat and dog!

I think she may be younger than we initially thought, we think she may only be one.

She looks lovely! Anyone come forward?

Yvonne